News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Halo 3 demo?

Started by Vidiot, October 09, 2007, 11:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidiot

Hey guys. This awesome ( I mean AWESOME) store moved into our mall nearby. Callled "Play n' trade". It PWNS Ebgames/gamespot. They hold tournaments!!! :O

Well October 27th they are having a tournament for Halo 3. Anyone can show up. They'll supply the XBOX360s and games. Then we all duke it out :D. There will be a ton of people there, believe me. The sign-up list had like 75+ names on it (only not all of them are guaranteed to show up). Anyways, I don't own an XBOX360 so I can't play halo 3. I'm home-schooled so I don't know a lot of kids. I have about 15 good friends, and one of them has an XBOX360 but he doesn't have Halo 3 yet. I need to get some practice in so I can go in there and own. Problem is that I'm not used to FPS on the console. I'm only good with Keyboard + mouse. If I could attach a keyboard + mouse to the XBOX360 at the tournament, I could seriously own a lot of people. Even if I didn't know where weapons were. But since I can't do that, I need to get used to the controls on an XBOX360 controller with the buttons and analog joystick.

Does anyone have a halo demo somewhere? I just need to spend a couple hours getting used to the controls and then I think I could do good :D. Just wondering if a certain store has it set up near you so I can see if they have it here where I live :P.

Thanks!

Commander Awesome

Vidiot

Quote from: Zeldafan556 on October 10, 2007, 04:26:49 AM
It won't happen.
Bummer :(. I need SOME practice so I can ownzorz them ;_;

sleepin_dude_99

RT is fire.

RB is Reload.

LT is throw Grenade

LB is switch grenade type.

X is deploy equipment

Y is switch weapon

B is melee

A is jump

Go nuts

Vidiot

Quote from: Cannotcompute0 on October 10, 2007, 12:34:38 PM
RT is fire.

RB is Reload.

LT is throw Grenade

X is deploy equipment

Y is switch weapon

B is melee

A is jump

Go nuts
I just meant that I need to get used to using the analog joysticks to move and aim. I'm used to using a mouse and keyboard for that.....

sleepin_dude_99

Quote from: Vidiot on October 10, 2007, 01:22:03 PM
RT is fire.

RB is Reload.

LT is throw Grenade

X is deploy equipment

Y is switch weapon

B is melee

A is jump

Go nuts
I just meant that I need to get used to using the analog joysticks to move and aim. I'm used to using a mouse and keyboard for that.....
Do you have any FPS's for a console?

Go practice >_>

Vidiot

Quote from: Cannotcompute0 on October 10, 2007, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: Vidiot on October 10, 2007, 01:22:03 PM
RT is fire.

RB is Reload.

LT is throw Grenade

X is deploy equipment

Y is switch weapon

B is melee

A is jump

Go nuts
Do you have any FPS's for a console?

Go practice >_>
nope. The only FPS for a console that I have is metroid prime for the gamecube :D. And you know that that uses weird controls. I also have a Wii but no FPS for it, and if I DID have a FPS for it it wouldn't matter since the controls are so different

Vidiot

Vidiot

ResidentZoidberg

If you really want to practice, go buy the game. Then you can play it on your friend's 360 whenever you visit him. Maybe let him borrow it, if he gives you something. You can even have him slowly pay you off for it, if he wants it.

If not, I'd go buy a cheap Gamecube FPS for practice. [Medal of Honor: Rising Sun <3, though I own for PS2]

Also, did you know there is an excellent controller out for the PS3, that is a combination of both the mouse and the traditional controller, except it owns both of them? It is THE best controller, ever. Someone go get the picture. Where's Ace of Blades when you need him?
RESIDENT_ZOIDBERG
Rank Killer Bees 
Date Registered 04-23-2004 09:56 PM
Total Posts 23545