News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Nintendo's holding a 3DS event on September 13th!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, August 23, 2011, 03:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

I think Mario Kart 7 coming out at Christmas will be what sells the 3DS for most people.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on August 25, 2011, 05:01:15 AM
Yeah but looking into the future I really have no desire to own two 3DS-like systems. I mean I had a DS lite and a DSi, and while looking back I love them both deeply and couldn't pick one over the other, I doubt the new handheld (should it exist) will have any disadvantages compared to the 3DS.  An example is the dual-slot mode that they took out with the DSi.

I could always sell my 3DS back but I'm not the kind of person to do that, really. I guess it depends on if I have a nice surplus of money when the revision were to come out.

But currently the 3DS doesn't have much going for it other than OoT. I think I'll wait until there are at least one or two more games that I want, because otherwise I'd be buying the system just for OoT.

Well, of course. Wait until the system is worth it. There's going to be a revision at some piont, and they might even slash off another $20 when the time comes.

Anyway, from what I've been hearing, the second analog stick might be being considered. Apparently, you can put the blame for this on Miyamoto, because he's the reason 3DS didn't get one right from the start. This info comes straight from a developer. That said, there's no reason to believe that an add-on is planned, since there's no way to connect it, and since Nintendo can't screw over early adopters that bad (a price cut is nothing compared to making it so that you can't play the darn games, so I don't think that should be compared), it doesn't seem remotely possible that the second stick will ever come to be.

Nayrman

Ah, what a surprise Miyamoto is stuck in the past as far as certain things go. At the very least, this more or less ensures a second analog stick whenever the next DS, Gameboy, or whatever is gonna come out in five, six years from now. Who exactly said it was Miyamoto who didn't want it? I'd love to read up more on it. As far as an add-on goes, no way. There's nowhere to put it or plug it in to be honest. It would be nice to have, sure, but I doubt it'll ever be implemented because once you have it, you really start to rely on it for development of camera controls and such.

As far as the announcement goes, I'm betting it'll be one big game for 2012 to get people interested (Metroid, Pokemon, who knows), and a lot of new footage of upcoming fall games like Kid Icarus, Mario 3D Land, and so forth. Other than that, I really don't expect much. If we're VERY lucky, maybe some Wii U info, but I doubt it.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on August 25, 2011, 12:23:49 PM
Ah, what a surprise Miyamoto is stuck in the past as far as certain things go. At the very least, this more or less ensures a second analog stick whenever the next DS, Gameboy, or whatever is gonna come out in five, six years from now. Who exactly said it was Miyamoto who didn't want it? I'd love to read up more on it. As far as an add-on goes, no way. There's nowhere to put it or plug it in to be honest. It would be nice to have, sure, but I doubt it'll ever be implemented because once you have it, you really start to rely on it for development of camera controls and such.

As far as the announcement goes, I'm betting it'll be one big game for 2012 to get people interested (Metroid, Pokemon, who knows), and a lot of new footage of upcoming fall games like Kid Icarus, Mario 3D Land, and so forth. Other than that, I really don't expect much. If we're VERY lucky, maybe some Wii U info, but I doubt it.

Sorry, it's more "word of mouth" info. In fact, take that with a grain of salt as well since I technically can't confirm that he's really a developer.

Don't rule out third-parties. There's a rumor that Monster Hunter Tri G will come to 3DS. Moster Hunter is absolutely HUGE in Japan.

Nayrman

Ah, I see. Well, if the second analog thing was true, I wouldn't doubt it. Miyamoto lately has been really behind the times in terms of tech and how it can be used. I guess that's true for Nintendo as a whole but moreso for Miyamoto.

I wouldn't be surprised for Dragon Quest either. It's huge in Japan but as a person who doesn't really plan it, if that's the "surprise" then it won't really change my opinion of the 3DS at all.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on August 25, 2011, 02:03:26 PM
Ah, I see. Well, if the second analog thing was true, I wouldn't doubt it. Miyamoto lately has been really behind the times in terms of tech and how it can be used. I guess that's true for Nintendo as a whole but moreso for Miyamoto.

I wouldn't be surprised for Dragon Quest either. It's huge in Japan but as a person who doesn't really plan it, if that's the "surprise" then it won't really change my opinion of the 3DS at all.
If DQ is the surprise, it would have to be DQXI for them to call it "big." However, DQX still hasn't released yet, so there's no chance of that.

On the first-party front, it could be something like a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. The Pokemon Company hinted at a game that would release on both DS and 3DS, and PMD seems like the most likely candidate. However, they might just go ahead and release "Gray" on both, which would be pretty huge, though it would not sell 3DS's.

Neerb

If the announcement is a game, I'm going with Pikmin. The actual release would be unlikely, but Pikmin seems to be the "big game" everyone always talks about (for Nintendo) around the big events.

Smash Bros would be the biggest thing they could announce, I'd think, but there's no way they've started on it yet, let alone finished enough to show someone.

Tupin

I just want something to play on the 3DS. Anyone try that Devil Survivor game?

I hope they announce a new IP or something.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on August 25, 2011, 04:49:25 PM

on ds?
or the 3ds one?
i played the ds one
it was meh for a smt game

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Oh. I was talking about the 3DS one, but the only improvements seem to be voice acting and some 3D.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kayo

Second analog stick wouldn't work because what if games require it and consequently can't be played on old 3DS systems and etc.

Quote from: Neerb on August 25, 2011, 05:03:43 AM
I think Mario Kart 7 coming out at Christmas will be what sells the 3DS for most people.
Me there. MK7 and Paper Mario 3DS are what sold the 3DS for me originally. Of course I wasn't going to buy it until one or both of those came out.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on August 25, 2011, 04:12:17 PM
If the announcement is a game, I'm going with Pikmin. The actual release would be unlikely, but Pikmin seems to be the "big game" everyone always talks about (for Nintendo) around the big events.

Smash Bros would be the biggest thing they could announce, I'd think, but there's no way they've started on it yet, let alone finished enough to show someone.
The announcement is for 3DS, so not Pikmin. I'd also assume that the big announcement would be something that, you know, they haven't announced yet?

Also, in a way, a New Super Mario Bros. game would be the biggest thing that could announce, if only due to the insane sales of the previous two games.

Quote from: Tupin on August 25, 2011, 04:49:25 PM

New IP would be nice, but Nintendo wouldn't call that a big announcement.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on August 25, 2011, 07:18:30 PM
The announcement is for 3DS, so not Pikmin. I'd also assume that the big announcement would be something that, you know, they haven't announced yet?

Well, if the announcement was Pikmin 3D, that would solve both you're problems.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tupin on August 25, 2011, 05:36:12 PM
Oh. I was talking about the 3DS one, but the only improvements seem to be voice acting and some 3D.
And the fact the character art has been polished so much, and the 20 extra demons thrown in. This game is a must-buy.

Yes, this means I have the 3DS version. It'll keep me entertained much longer than OoT 3D did.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!