News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on March 13, 2012, 08:10:59 PM
"Clearly much bigger?" Bigger how? Took longer to make? Sold better? What would either of those have to do with a professional review? And if you meant "better," which would actually mean something, have you actually played the game yet (not to sound rude, I'm just not sure what your post meant)?

You'd have to be grinding Kid Icarus carts into dust and then snorting them to believe that Super Mario 3DS isn't a "bigger" game than KIU(and for the record, I think you're just being overly-defensive). I mean, c'mon. It's Mario compared to a franchise that hasn't seen a game in two decades.

Neerb

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 13, 2012, 09:38:21 PM
You'd have to be grinding Kid Icarus carts into dust and then snorting them to believe that Super Mario 3DS isn't a "bigger" game than KIU(and for the record, I think you're just being overly-defensive). I mean, c'mon. It's Mario compared to a franchise that hasn't seen a game in two decades.

Of course Mario's bigger, I'm just saying that has absolutely nothing to do with a review; the popularity of a series is irrelevant to the quality of one specific game.

It has also been pointed out that HoD was also saying that (in response to zeph, who claimed Famitsu gives big Nintendo games good scores all the time), and my "argument" was just reiterating that.

And speaking of cards... Club Nintendo members get 3 free ones.

zephilicious

Quote from: Neerb on March 14, 2012, 08:14:17 AM
Of course Mario's bigger, I'm just saying that has absolutely nothing to do with a review;

thats cute
~~ <3

X-3

Famitsu scores are pretty unremarkable, the perfect score just means Nintendo is putting a lot of money behind this.

Edge and ONM gave it an 8.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 14, 2012, 08:14:17 AM
the popularity of a series is irrelevant to the quality of one specific game.
I actually kind of agree with this; at the very least, I think it SHOULD be this way.

QuoteAnd speaking of cards... Club Nintendo members get 3 free ones.
Yeah I led myself to these when looking for info on how to get my classic game download, and I ordered mine. It was actually my final point of motivation to make a Club Nintendo account after all these years. I now must finish registering every recent game I own.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: X-3 on March 14, 2012, 10:22:47 AM
Famitsu scores are pretty unremarkable, the perfect score just means Nintendo is putting a lot of money behind this.

If ONM stands for "Official Nintendo Magazine," they gave it a 91%, not an 8.

Also, yes, Famitsu is biased... just like every review site that exists. A perfect score is nothing to scoff at, though, and given that averaging these three together grants a 9/10, that's still not exactly a sign of a bad game.

And gosh dang it add me on 3DS, Kayo.

zephilicious

its no more a sign of a bad game than it is of a good game.

reviews havent measured quality for at least the last decade.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: X-3 on March 14, 2012, 10:22:47 AM

Yeah. Edge's 8 means a lot more.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 14, 2012, 02:26:24 PM
Yeah. Edge's 8 means a lot more.
This? *Raises pitchfork and torch*

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on March 14, 2012, 01:57:55 PM
its no more a sign of a bad game than it is of a good game.

reviews havent measured quality for at least the last decade.
I don't see you doing any video gaming-related writing to compensate for all these so-called problems with reviews you're complaining about.

Quote from: Neerb on March 14, 2012, 01:50:50 PM
And gosh dang it add me on 3DS, Kayo.
Give me your FC and I will. Mine's 3823-8995-4146
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Pennington on March 14, 2012, 03:08:31 PM
Give me your FC and I will. Mine's 3823-8995-4146

I've had you registered for a while; mine's in my sig.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 14, 2012, 02:44:31 PM
This? *Raises pitchfork and torch*
No, an 8 from Edge is still good these days. They're more strict than the typical 7-10 scale reviews.

zephilicious

Quote from: Pennington on March 14, 2012, 03:08:31 PM
I don't see you doing any video gaming-related writing to compensate for all these so-called problems with reviews you're complaining about.

this makes less sense than the standard version of this comment
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on March 14, 2012, 05:06:23 PM
this makes less sense than the standard version of this comment
Blow it out your ass.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Geez, let's calm down everyone.