UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

assassin's creed

Started by Custom, November 08, 2012, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

does anyone actually like these games
they get great review scores and are hyped up like crazy

i can dumb it down from time to time and have fun playing poopty games like call of duty, but assassin's creed is dull, easy, and just terrible

i played 1, people said it wasn't the best one and to try 2. I never got around to it because of pure disgust for the first title
however, when 3 came out, I tried it out. I played it for about 3 hours, most of it was a cutscene with PRESS X TO WIN, PRESS B TO WIN

most of the freerunning poop which could've been cool was just HOLD DOWN LEFT TRIGGER, PUSH THE CONTROL STICK IN THE DIRECTION YOU WANT TO GO
the game does ALL the work for you, you don't need to jump or figure out poop or anything. you just hold down a button and push the control stick in the direction you want to go
not to mention this caused several problems in game like him jumping on everything obnoxiously when i just wanted to go around things.

they have a marker that you follow, you never have to figure out anything on your own. the story wasn't at all interesting enough to make that worth continuing the game.
you might as well have made it straight up obviously linear like final fantasy 13. the combat is a joke, i was surrounded by like 10 redcoats and should've died but my heath decreased really slowly and i just mashed x and y until i won.

the game also had countless glitches. most of the cutscenes had problems with characters getting stuck and being duplicated
i also clipped through like everything

these games are terrible
does anyone here like them because i just want to understand
why do people like these games?
have they just never played zelda or what?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

I've only played 1, and I thought it was fun. I'd really like to play 3, since the revolution seems like a really cool setting.

Flying Chickens

I've always thought they were fun. The repetition is usually the only problem. I think you might just be getting elitist about platformer action games.
That said, I've only played one and part of two, so comments on three could be true, but I see no reason to speak out against it. They are fun games, but clearly not for you.

Zero

I've played 1. Mediocre game.

I've also played 2. I really enjoyed 2. I enjoyed Ezio as a character and the story surrounding the character. I suggest you play 2, Custom.

zephilicious

played part of 1 and 2. they're boring as poopt
~~ <3

Tupin

The problem with these games is that they can never be as "hands off" and require finesse in movement because they cost so much money to make that the learning curve to understand it would drive away most customers. Kind of why Metal Gear Solid isn't "tactical espionage action" anymore.

1 was mediocre and they stretched 2 out way too long. Haven't played 3, but I must say I'm not impressed with the whole overarching storyline of the series. Desmond is one of the most boring protagonists I've ever seen where they actually tried to give them character.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Tsumaru

AC2 > AC: Rev > AC1 > AC: Bro > AC3

Assassin's Creed 3 just needs to be avoided.  Historical context and graphics are probably the best in the series, but the glitches and god-awful main character just ruin the entire experience.  Connor has no charisma, no personality, and no intelligence.  At least Ezio was suave and Altair was wise.