News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Persona 3 FES

Started by Zero, April 22, 2013, 05:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

I'm finally checking this game out. Playing on hard mode.

I like it so far I guess, but it took like an hour and a half to finally get going. I think I was at the 3 hour mark before I got to the first "boss". Jesus that's even worse than Star Ocean: Till the End of Time's pick-up speed.

Game is genuinely funny, but combat so far doesn't seem to have much strategy to it. I'm surprised to find out that I don't mind the dungeon area even though it all looks the same. Exploring corridors here feels like its one giant intercourse ing old school rpg dungeon, which is awesome in a way.

The social crap is something I'm still getting used to, as when it comes to visual novel/sim adventure/date sim games I draw the line and can only get into games like Phoenix Wright.

So anyone besides Custom, Mona, and Bear play this game?

[spoiler]what the intercourse  does FES mean and why is it relevant to my copy of the game?[/spoiler]

Super

I put a good amount of time into this game. The dungeon is kind of repetitive in reality, but I honestly don't mind it.

Are you playing the PS2 version?

Zero

Quote from: Super on April 22, 2013, 09:02:04 PM
I put a good amount of time into this game. The dungeon is kind of repetitive in reality, but I honestly don't mind it.

Are you playing the PS2 version?

PS2 version through PSN, yeah. I dabbled a bit with the PSP version and hated how it was so...cell phone game-like, I guess. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I just didn't like the navigation, even if it was faster.

Britz

I played a good portion of Persona 4 (which is basically like 3 but different scenario) but I had to stop cause of school getting in the way.

The game is pretty entertaining, but the cut scenes can realllly drag on. The gameplay gets a lot more intense as the game goes on, so having a good strategy becomes a lot more important. I got beaten by one of the bosses multiple times before I developed a proper strategy against it, though I don't know if that's cause I'm bad at video games or what.

Thirdkoopa

I've played just about every single U.S. released SMT, but really, I should go back and play 3 again sometime. Probably next year. (I also need to get a non-closed copy of Devil Summoner 2)

Persona 3 was my first one I bought and second one I've beaten. Yeah, the pick-up rates on most SMT games are pretty bad; it's usually at least an hour before anything happens.

Oh and screw the school stuff. I honestly just... wait, should spoiler this

[spoiler]Honestly, I just waited till endgame to really grind. Too much bullpoop otherwise.[/spoiler]
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Custom

see i usually only like the school stuff
but unless you talk to bear the general consensus is that the characters are more fun in 4
i feel like all the characters in 3 are butthurt

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on April 23, 2013, 11:30:22 AM
see i usually only like the school stuff
but unless you talk to bear the general consensus is that the characters are more fun in 4
i feel like all the characters in 3 are butthurt

really? They seem pretty neato to me so far.

Junpei seems butthurt that he wasn't picked to be the leader but other than that, he's funny.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on April 23, 2013, 04:38:37 PM
really? They seem pretty neato to me so far.

Junpei seems butthurt that he wasn't picked to be the leader but other than that, he's funny.

get ready for everyone to be butthurt

Zero

Mona

It makes sense for characters to get sad if there are actually sad things happening. Also, there are enough fun and funny moments in the game that I still had fun playing through the story. I mean, there was one part where I got so upset that I had to drop the game for a couple days to recover, but if a game makes me feel that strongly then I think of that as being a good thing. It just meant that I became really attached to the characters. I know that the game isn't for everyone, but I'm really hoping that Zero will get into it.

Custom

Quote from: Mona on April 24, 2013, 04:06:54 PM
It makes sense for characters to get sad if there are actually sad things happening. Also, there are enough fun and funny moments in the game that I still had fun playing through the story. I mean, there was one part where I got so upset that I had to drop the game for a couple days to recover, but if a game makes me feel that strongly then I think of that as being a good thing. It just meant that I became really attached to the characters. I know that the game isn't for everyone, but I'm really hoping that Zero will get into it.

i'm the kind of guy to be in a poopty situation and be like "oh well let's try to have fun" or laugh it off or just not care
this is why i like persona 4
it speaks to me

Zero

Quote from: Custom on April 24, 2013, 04:39:07 PM
i'm the kind of guy to be in a poopty situation and be like "oh well let's try to have fun" or laugh it off or just not care

what is every dragon quest game ever not counting V

Zero

so

you can't control your party members. The AI does it for you

Why do developers make awesome games and then make really poopty design choices? This easily knocks a couple points off this game no matter how good it turns out to be.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on April 25, 2013, 06:38:21 PM
so

you can't control your party members. The AI does it for you

Why do developers make awesome games and then make really poopty design choices? This easily knocks a couple points off this game no matter how good it turns out to be.

i think this is a good design choice for this game though
it's supposed to give the characters their own personality and actually make the game difficult because you have to work around their faults
it's pretty easy with that feature turned off lol

Zero

Quote from: Custom on April 25, 2013, 10:40:25 PM
i think this is a good design choice for this game though
it's supposed to give the characters their own personality and actually make the game difficult because you have to work around their faults
it's pretty easy with that feature turned off lol

UGH fine

i'll give it a shot. I still feel like my choices in battle are very limited though.