News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Your Special Skills

Started by Dog Food, March 14, 2010, 02:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night the Lucario

Quote from: Natsu on March 16, 2010, 06:17:32 PM
People who train themselvs with swords think they are good until they spare against someone who actually as been trained in the proper way to use them.

...I go to SCA fighter practice. I can't use a shield to save my life(too cumbersome and just gets in my way), but I can(and have) fought against two people who've been fighting for a good two thirds of my life(ten years). I didn't win, but I didn't exactly lose, either. Managed to hit them both at the same time they stabbed me.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

SkyMyl

I suck at pretty much everything, except games. I tend to pick up on things rather quickly, and I can guess my way a good portion of the time. Instinct, I assume.

Other than that, I'm not good at anything, really.

Dog Food

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 16, 2010, 06:28:36 PM
I suck at pretty much everything, except games. I tend to pick up on things rather quickly, and I can guess my way a good portion of the time. Instinct, I assume.

Other than that, I'm not good at anything, really.
Yes you are not good at anything. Yet you are great at games, a fast learner, and have amazing instincts. Having those kind of skills can really help you navigate through life when you're living alone and have to fend for yourself. With natural instinct and the ability to pick up on things quickly, you should have no trouble in the outside world. You can use your skills at games to make friends, win some money, get a job in the field, or keep you from boredom.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Allegretto

Don't take this personally, but I would consider that losing.

If you take fighter practice thats great, you should learn Kendo.

Magnum

Quote from: Piggy on March 16, 2010, 06:18:46 PM
That's pretty cool. If you learned how to "throw" your voice, you could use your amazing story abilities and voices to create a One-Man-Ventriloquist show like Jeff Dunham.
I can't throw my voice. I use my entire body most of the time when I change voices. I hunch for darker, raise my Adam's apple for pitch, and expand my mouth for different sorts of random sounds. I would be the worst ventriloquist ever.

Plus... DOLLS FREAK ME THE FUCK OUT!!!
1 more thing, I have nigh pin-point accuracy with guns. Screw all your guys 'sword skills' when I can take a step back and pull my finger  :)

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

JrDude

I heard somewhere that FBI (or something big and important, might not be FBI) are told to play video games so they can learn to think more outside the box to solve quests or dungeons or mysteries or something, so they could think outside the box for real life crimes, so being good at games could be useful in real life.

Quote from: Red the Lucario on March 16, 2010, 06:09:42 PM
-I can be a fast learner.  I just need other's examples.
This for me.

EDIT: Oh, and everyone who can do something alone thinks they're pro, no matter what it is, video games, sword fighting, whatever, but when they do it against others they learn that they suck ass. I used to think that I was a pro at video games, then I fought my cousins in Melee who barely play it, and I rarely won.
[move][/move]
Dude .

PsychoYoshi

I'm a pretty darn good writer, especially when under pressure.

Being a history major has also led to me becoming pretty adept at deconstructing peoples' arguments, so I'm lethal at debates when I care to make my opinion known. Not a great public speaker, but if there's so much as a tiny logical fallacy in someone's argument, chances are I'll unravel their entire argument pretty darn quickly, especially if I can do so through writing instead of a speech.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Piggy on March 16, 2010, 06:33:12 PM
boredom.
That said another talent I have is not being able to get bored or lazy easily. If I want poop done I get poop done. Considering most people I know are the opposite of that tenancy I'd say that's a pretty good habit.

Quote from: Dark Link on March 16, 2010, 07:44:08 PM
under pressure.
PRESSURE DOWN ON ME.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Kayo

Quote from: Red the Lucario on March 16, 2010, 06:09:42 PM
-Well, I have shown the natural tendancy to be rather good at driving (especially after that one time... oh god that scared the poop out of me).
-I'm not half bad with a sword.  Just that I'd probably not fare too well when trying to block hits (perhaps I should go work out...).  I CAN throw people off with trick moves.  Oh, and I am good at finding ways to efficiently swing or throw stuff at people.
-I'm better than I should be at messing with flammable stuff...
-I can be a fast learner.  I just need other's examples.
-I read rather quickly.
-I can adjust my voice rather well.  Just don't expect me to sing on my own (if you don't want your ears raped.  My voice becomes total poop when singing...unless I'm in harmony with someone.  Which I AM good at.).
-I can easily interpret emotions.

That's all I can think of for now, so yeah.
-You're a great listener
-Your strangeness can make people laugh
-You're good at drawing cars
-You know like EVERYTHING about cars
-You are completely awesome.

There, added to your list a bit <3
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Mikoyan

I am renowned around the world for my famous techniques and skills. I debunked in the second grade the theoretical equations Einstein had worked so hard on. I possess the lightest fingers that would be even Chopin and Bach to shame. I also am considered one of the greatest engineers ever, notably for developing the rocket that sent man to the moon. In my spare time, I enjoy designing vaccines for diseases such as AIDS and Alzheimer's.

I got a 2280 on the SATs, which makes me think I'm kind of a good test taker. And, and, uh...

;_;

えっちーせんぱい

The only thing I can think of is that I'm Somewhat Decent with computers, but that isn't a very hard thing to do.
I'm really good at withstanding stupid poop, and I'm extremely tolerant of bad things and people...

So_So_Man

I fence regularly, so I'm reasonably good at stabbing people
I tend can understand general ideas easily
I can think reasonably logically
I'm really good at sitting in front of a computer doing nothing all day

ThePowerOfOne

I can contort my body in almost any way, which includes the splits and touching my nose with my foot. Yay Pilates and Yoga :P

I can also tie a cherry stem with my tongue, which is actually pretty easy once you know how to do it. It's just hard finding a stem long enough.
I don't know if it's a special skill, but i'm a very fast learner. Just show me what to do and I can catch on pretty quickly.

Probably more but I'm too tired to finish. (I guess i'm good at procrastination, too...)

JrDude

Quote from: Phaze on March 23, 2010, 09:02:53 PM
I can contort my body in almost any way, which includes the splits and touching my nose with my foot.
I'm not flexible at all yet I can touch my nose with my foot too.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

I'm scorehero tier at Guitar Hero / Rock Band.
That doesn't mean much anymore though, the people on scorehero suck and nobody submits anything. I'm pretty high up on the Rock Band leaderboards though.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!