News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Retro's mystery title: Star Fox United (?)

Started by Neerb, June 09, 2012, 07:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-retros-project-is-starfox-united

The newest rumor on Retro is that they are making a game called Star Fox United. The source is 4chan, so ehhhh, but there are actual screenshots, and a revival of Star Fox is a perfectly believable (even generic) rumor.

Tupin

Nintendo would be stupid to not release a traditional Star Fox game, but I doubt this is true. Whatever happened to that Mach Rider remake we were supposed to get that looked so real?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on June 09, 2012, 07:06:30 PM
Nintendo would be stupid to not release a traditional Star Fox game, but I doubt this is true. Whatever happened to that Mach Rider remake we were supposed to get that looked so real?

I'm not sure why Nintendo would invest in a franchise that hasn't seen what I'd consider "success" since Starfox 64, but if its true, at least Starfox fans have something to hope for.

DededeCloneChris

I thought we had already discussed this before and came to the conclusion that it was a fake rumor after all?

Neerb

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on June 09, 2012, 07:11:59 PM
I thought we had already discussed this before and came to the conclusion that it was a fake rumor after all?

Wasn't that the Star Fox/Metroid game? Because this is not it.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Trevelyan on June 09, 2012, 07:22:54 PM
Wasn't that the Star Fox/Metroid game? Because this is not it.
Oh, right.

But the posts in the link already made it look like it's a fake.

Macawmoses

There's basically no way I can imagine Nintendo making a traditional Star Fox game that can launch at full retail price. A Star Fox Assault like game? Sure. Otherwise, I'm hoping a revival winds up on the eShop. It'd show Nintendo knows pricing today, and is committed to its core franchises.

Qsmash

The source is from 4chan and the guy never gave proof that he worked for Retro. So, I would remain skeptical. When he was asked for proof, he said "Tuesday", which was the last thing he said before leaving, but that's probably bs too.

Zero

Nayrman

I hope this is real. I'd be happy with a new shooter if it was a downloadable game. At least it'd be SOMETHING to play that wasn't Mario spam towards the end of the year.

Qsmash

DededeCloneChris

Seriously. You know you're desperate when you rely on 4chan as your only definite source.