News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Deadline's almost up.

Started by DEADLYLIFE, September 28, 2007, 07:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEADLYLIFE

It's almost time to quit hoping for this "September Surprise".
Who thinks it will actually happen?

Triforce_Luigi

I trusted them. But now I'm not so sure.

DEADLYLIFE

I just hope I wake up to a blue throb tomorrow.
It was probably Brawl being online. :(

ombsz

phatyo

it proboly not happening cuz nintendo sucks after what they did !

Gwen Khan

I gonna guess the "September Surprise" was either nsider closeing or Nintendo Power being sold to another company

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Bizzaro Invader Andy on September 29, 2007, 10:52:13 AM
I gonna guess the "September Surprise" was either nsider closeing or Nintendo Power being sold to another company
Surprise! We've just alienated thousands of fans! But we don't care, because we're Nintendo, suckas! :)

Mylo

The surprise is that there is no surprise. After all, this is Nintendo we're talking about. Well, that isn't very fair, actually. It seems all three companies fail to deliver on their purported and hyped promises. Just recall the abysmal reaction Peter Moore received when he unveiled the Halo 3 schemed 360.

But to focus on the topic at hand, the surprise was most likely Brawl having confirmed online functionality. Keighley asked Reggie if the game would definitely feature online capabilities, to which he was evasive. Either that, or perhaps it had something to do with the preview that never made it into NP.

And if they really have a  sense of humor, then I guess it was the discontinuation of their official forums.

CONMAN15

It was definately brawl being online. Is anyone going to get that through there heads or keep calling nintendo liars?

7Deadly$ins

Did anyone ever say that it was a GOOD surprise?
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

bluej33

Eh...I personally don't care so much about this "September surprise", but there are a few things brought up in this thread that I'd like to discuss.

One...NP was sold to another company? It it true? Who is it? Can somebody link me to some proof? If it's in fact true, then I'm certainly not renewing my subscription (it ran out several months ago, and I've been meaning to renew it, but...)

Also, I've gotten kind of fed up with Nintendo. All we've really gotten is Corruption. They closed NSider, which I loved. The Wii has just kind of been...lackluster lately. I went over to a friend's house the other day, and played Halo 3, and it was kick-ass. Why can't Nintendo do something like that? And why not MORE games like that? I hate to say it, but I really am kind of gravitating toward the 360...I'm saving up for one now. While I'm not abandoning the Wii completely, I'm going to rely on the 360 to provide me with some real gaming until Nintendo churns out some good titles.

7Deadly$ins

Yes, Nintendo sold their magazine. They talked about it in this month's issue. I hear the staff is being fired, too.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!