News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

So what the poop have you done with your lives?

Started by Doodle, May 30, 2014, 12:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

I work at the national service center for Panasonic and play in a somewhat successful garage rock band. That's about it.

Tupin

Quote from: Zero on June 19, 2014, 06:37:00 AM
keep at it

definitely one of those things you'll see improvement on with effort and time
Thanks man, always try to do a little bit every day. And have been doing lessons in various ways.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

L10

Senior year of college to finish up my CS degree and Psych minor. My love lives with me at home(has been for about a year now), and I work at Target in between semesters.
0o!f

Zero

I know I've never shared much with you guys, but:

Due to a ton of family issues I'm taking a break from college and taking a job with a company in Maine. So I'll be moving to the Bridgeton/Portland area.

The company wants to pay for me to finish my education after I'm with them for a year so I'm not worried about that.

My fiance' is coming with me and we're going to start our really real adult lives in the next few months. It's kind of surreal honestly. I appreciate my family, but they don't think they get how terrible they can be. I think I must have gotten into like 3 fistfights with my brother and dad over the dumbest poop. I'm glad I was taught to fight by my late grandfather, but man its getting old and I just want to get out of here. It's too negative and too stressful, and I'm glad these changes are happening and that I'm the one making them. It feels really good.

Come February I should be all settled up in Maine with my job going smoothly. It's just cabling, but the money is very good and I can finish my Math/Engineering degree while I do it. All of this is both terrifying and exciting.

/endblogpost

Viewtifulboy

L10

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on September 17, 2014, 05:30:59 AM
You have a fiance?  :O
This isn't a surprising thing for people our age.

But that's great for you Zero, at a some point you have to be able to put your foot down and take care of yourself, do things that'll make you happy.
0o!f

Viewtifulboy

Not a surprising thing?  Ahah.

Yes.  Yes it is.

L10

0o!f

Viewtifulboy

We are all lonely people cast out of "normal" society.  That any girl would want to even get to know us, let alone date, is practically a statistical impossibility.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on September 18, 2014, 04:35:49 PM
We are all lonely people cast out of "normal" society.  That any girl would want to even get to know us, let alone date, is practically a statistical impossibility.

uhh i dunno about you bro but i'm doin just fine
i have a lot of friends and a girlfriend
she even posted here

so did zero's fiance
i'd assume the same for most of us

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Viewtifulboy

Now I just think at LEAST one of you is lying.  If ONE of us having a girlfriend is a statistical impossibility, then 3 of us having one is a COMPLETE impossibility.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on September 18, 2014, 05:51:19 PM
Now I just think at LEAST one of you is lying.  If ONE of us having a girlfriend is a statistical impossibility, then 3 of us having one is a COMPLETE impossibility.

i guess you're the odd one out, pal

i think we were all grown out of that "awkward and nerdy outcast" phase when we turned 17. for some of us 18 and 19, but for sure we were all done with that poop by 20. at some point you gotta stop being a loser, stop looking like garbage, and go outside

i'm pretty sure everyone here as had a significant other at some point in their lives. like everyone, every single person.

Viewtifulboy

Nope.  I'm 23 and have never even been on a date.  I'm calling bull on your statement.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on September 18, 2014, 08:12:16 PM
Nope.  I'm 23 and have never even been on a date.  I'm calling bull on your statement.

that's something personal to you. it's not the norm for these forums. i'm just giving you the facts, i know most of the users here pretty well and keep up with them on other social media sites (and i still go to the irc channel maybe like 25 times a year). it's probably why nobody comes here anymore, they got real life poop to deal with. maybe the mindset you like is the norm for some obscure -chan offshoot, so check out one of those if you want to be around people that still have your mindset about being social.

it's important to grasp social norms to be successful in life. start dressing better, picking up on social cues, listening more, and interacting with people you find interesting. it's not nearly as hard as you think it is. i was there when i was 16 and it took a lot for me to get out of it. i still don't have as much confidence as I would like to, but I've been working on it. it's all about improving and doing your best, I guess. i don't know why i'm telling you this, i still think you're trolling 90% of the time. maybe it's because i had that mindset when I was young and regret having it now. not much can be done about what's in my past, but i'm trying to make sure the future counts, even if i don't get very far.

whatwewishfor

Quote from: Custom on September 18, 2014, 08:52:35 PM
that's something personal to you. it's not the norm for these forums. i'm just giving you the facts, i know most of the users here pretty well and keep up with them on other social media sites (and i still go to the irc channel maybe like 25 times a year). it's probably why nobody comes here anymore, they got real life poop to deal with. maybe the mindset you like is the norm for some obscure -chan offshoot, so check out one of those if you want to be around people that still have your mindset about being social.

it's important to grasp social norms to be successful in life. start dressing better, picking up on social cues, listening more, and interacting with people you find interesting. it's not nearly as hard as you think it is. i was there when i was 16 and it took a lot for me to get out of it. i still don't have as much confidence as I would like to, but I've been working on it. it's all about improving and doing your best, I guess. i don't know why i'm telling you this, i still think you're trolling 90% of the time. maybe it's because i had that mindset when I was young and regret having it now. not much can be done about what's in my past, but i'm trying to make sure the future counts, even if i don't get very far.
whatever