<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: zephilicious on October 21, 2013, 12:46:41 AM
Drizzletoed and heliolisk are the perfect doubles team

I got sandy Heliolisk, so I pair her with Tyrannitar.

Not nearly as effective, with the earthquake and all (plus Heliolisk has never actually managed to dodge anything), but it'll have to do for now.

Also, I finally beat the Champion. My final team:
Gawain, the Chesnaught
Flameo, the Charizard (he's Timid, too! on the first try!)
Morpheus, the Malamar (Adamant, and a freaking psychopath)
Eliza, the Heliolisk
Toph, the Tyrannitar
Renard, the Sylveon (Modest, but only after a friend and I did a lot of searching)

I've yet to find that Mareep I need for Amfabios, but Heliolisk is so much better than I thought it was, now I'm not even sure I can bring myself to drop her.

Zero

I only just beat the 4th gym leader and I'm in the Power planet now. Been catching everything before moving on. Still haven't found that Male Litleo.

Neerb, Mareep is on Route 12. You get Amphorosite around there too.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on October 21, 2013, 10:22:07 AM
I only just beat the 4th gym leader and I'm in the Power planet now. Been catching everything before moving on. Still haven't found that Male Litleo.

Neerb, Mareep is on Route 12. You get Amphorosite around there too.

yooo that's where i am
cool someone else is taking their time
most of my friends are almost done or done with this game

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on October 21, 2013, 10:28:43 AM
yooo that's where i am
cool someone else is taking their time
most of my friends are almost done or done with this game

It's a pretty cool game.

The Riddler

I beat it. 3ds broke though. Charger port shot. Nintendo is repairing it for free since I'm a loyal customer, booya.

The Riddler

The game gets really dark btw, at least in Y.

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on October 21, 2013, 11:58:23 AM
The game gets really dark btw, at least in Y.

i really doubt this
it's probably some generic thing like "omg da end of the world"

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

Quote from: Custom on October 21, 2013, 03:23:53 PM
i really doubt this
it's probably some generic thing like "omg da end of the world"
nah it just has some adult themes that hit your heartstrings but also some really dark stuff

The Riddler

there's gonna be one point where youre like

oh wow this took a turn

The Riddler

although i think x's story is slightly different so idk if it's the same for both games

Neerb

Gosh dang it I was THERE, I HAVE the Ampharosite! I must have just completely missed the Mareep there. Well, time to go hunting.

Also, I'm just going to say, this is my favorite Pokemon game ever by a ridiculous landslide. Huge world, some of my favorite environments (the fall and winter areas particularly), more forgiving quantities of surf and cave areas, custom clothing and appearance, PR videos (spent 30 min. making mine, it's awesome), tons of daily stuff to do, and of course beautiful 3D graphics with lots and lots of detailed arena and moving animation. Granted, it's not my favorite story ever, I guess, but it's still pretty good, and the villain is definitely awesome with his straightforwardly evil plan and his hilariously over-the-top final boss fight.

Plus, the 3 touch screen apps are freaking amazing.

PokemonAmie is BRILLIANT and here's why. Every game since R/S/E has tried to come up with a 3rd option besides "catch 'em all" and "be the very best," and frankly I get why they'd want to have some new appeal after several games. However, everything so far has been super shoehorned in, getting worse every gen. Contests, Super Contests, Pokeathelon, Musicals, Movies? It started with "why bother" and turned into "what the heck?" Now, however, is something that finally feels NATURAL, like it actually belongs in a Pokemon game: bonding. Pokemon are your companions, right? Like teammates mixed with pets, they travel with you and you bond with them, with Happiness already having been a feature since 2nd gen. So, if you want something to do besides fight with them, what's the logical way to go? Actually treat them like pets! Any Pokemon at any time at any place can be let out of its Pokeball and you can pet it, feed it, and play with it. There's practicality to it as well, as some Pokemon must be bonded with to evolve. Plus, maxing your Pokemon's affection will bring a anime-like quality to the single-player battles; your Pokemon will look back at you occasionally, you can tell what emotions its going through, it gains heightened evasiveness and crit chance due to your bond as trainer and Pokemon. The entire experience just feels so much like Pokemon SHOULD, like this could have been in the original game had the tech allowed. I just pray they keep it around.

Next is Super Training, which shows that GameFreak is finally willing to address how competitive this series really is. By being able to see and boost EVs at any time, as well as reset them if you trained something wrong, we can finally get past the wall that has separated the elite from the plebeians and ruined the online fun of the last 2 gens. EVERYONE can train properly, without impossibly rare berries or hours of repetitive grinding or tracking invisible stats on pen and paper. Now you can play minigames (admittedly random and shoehorned ones, but still very fun and strangely Kid Icarus-y) to boost EVs quickly, throw out a punching bag and have your Pokemon train automatically while you do other activities, or at least have a rough in-game estimate of your progress while you do the same old grinding song-and-dance. Pokemon training can be FUN and relatively simple for the first time since the Game Boy.

Finally, the online. Holy crap, this is Nintendo's crowning online achievement. Pokemon is basically now an MMO, and in an actually GOOD way. If you are playing X or Y and you have an internet connection, you are ALWAYS online playing with EVERYONE else. You can see your friends, acquaintances, and hundreds of random strangers passing you by at any given moment. Fight with or trade with or watch a PR video of ANYONE at ANY TIME YOU WANT. Wanna use the GTS? Yeah, it's still there, but why bother when you can pick specific players, or even use the addicting WonderTrade and have fun trading at random. In a battling mood? Call out any specific player for a showdown, set up a match and wait for an offer, or just jump in randomly. You can even use your VS Recorder to record fights, then battle an AI version of the enemy team, meaning you can fight your friends even when you/they aren't online anymore. Too filthy and casual for your taste? Sync up to the Pokemon Global Link and start doing ranked battles. That's right, RANKED, and right now we're in SEASON 1, like it's the freaking Pro Gaming League (WHOLLY CRAP THAT'S PGL TOO). You can also use the PGL (Pokemon, not LoL) website to check out players' profile, including their in-game single player medals, as in ACHIEVEMENTS. Welcome to freaking 2013, Nintendo fans.

Sirwaddy

Quote from: The Riddler on October 21, 2013, 03:45:16 PM
nah it just has some adult themes that hit your heartstrings but also some really dark stuff

I wouldn't go that far. I beat the game and there were no "adult themes", there's I guess a slightly dark thing but that's it really.

The story wasn't necessarily bad, but I wouldn't say it deserves all this praise either. It's just there. The stories of the main series have never been their strong suit.

zephilicious

Yeah thats all bullpoop. games can be ok and fun to play without being the best game ever.

The graphics are terrible by 3ds standards, and on top of that they couldnt maintain consistent 3d or fix the really obvious framerate issues when it is on? The style has the potential to age better than some games, but they're going to need to fix these issues in upcoming releases.

Inconsistency is a huge problem in the animations too. Hyper beam and focus blast look cool as intercourse , but then you've got something like wood hammer. The lazy pokemon animations really hurt the experience at times. Pokemon like meditite and hitmontop completely lost what made them unique in the transition.

Amie is just as much pointless grinding as happiness has been since gen 2 (and really they should be the same thing). Shoving muffins down his through and rubbing his penis for half an hour doesn't make me feel any closer to my pokemon.

Super training is just as irrelevant. The graphical representation of the evs is nice, but really evs were the easiest part of training pokemon and if you need cute little minigames to figure them out you're still going to lose to anyone that knows what they're doing. And it's not even fast. Spend some time grinding battle mansion for the power items, turn on exp. all and you can simultaneously grind 6 pokemon up to max stats in like 10 minutes. Breeding for ivs and egg moves is super easy now too. So they're catering a little bit to competitive players, but not through super training.

The online play is nice, but giving them that much praise for catching up to what everyone else has been doing for the better part of a decade?
~~ <3

The Riddler

There's a new method of catching Shinies, if none of you have read about it yet.

I just confirmed it and nearly poop myself.

Basically, get an octillery with suction cups and surf next to a rock or a wall. Then fish. Run away. Fish. Run away. etc, until you have a shiny.

New to this game is "consecutive fishing" - if you keep fishing in a single spot without moving and without failing to hook something, your odds of finding a "Rare" pokemon (read: shiny) increases.

the octillery is to make it so you catch more often, because if you get "not even a nibble..." it breaks the streak. you cannot move from your spot either. apparently being against a rock or a wall increases the likeliness of catching something too.

at first i thought it was just referring to all the seadra i was finding

then a shiny relicanth showed up

Zero

The graphics aren't terrible. When I look at Pangoro's model for example I'm pretty impressed though enemy pokemon tend to look worse. I guess its because they're further away. 3D sucks my battery life to nothing to I don't really use it for long periods. Frame rate issues when using it are for the most part irrelevant.

Meditite goes into a meditation stance when using certain moves, and I haven't seen hitmontop yet.

In Pokemon Amie, you do more than touch their dicks and shove food down their throats. You can give high fives with certain pokemon, make others dizzy, wake others up, and so on there are probably things I haven't even discovered yet. But the main benefit is how it takes far less time to evolve Pokemon via happiness because of it. I evolved my Riolu and one of my Eevee by getting them to max Amie and just using them normally. They evolved much faster than they did in past games. I had a Lucario by level 19 instead of by level 35-40 for once. I had an Umbreon by level intercourse ing 20. FINALLY happiness isn't intercourse ing retardedly time consuming. Also its cute as intercourse .

And dude what. Turning on the EXP All shares EVs too. How often do you find yourself needing to train 6 pokemon in all the exact same stat? You can't control what Pokemon are fought in the Battle Mansion, can you? So you have NO control over what EVs you get. How is that better than Super Training? It really isn't.

After using vitamins to reach 100 in a stat it takes about 10 minutes to get a stat maxed, plus I get special bags along the way including Reset bags which are pretty intercourse ing important. The EV berries are very inefficient. Super Training is pretty great.