News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Hector's Salvation- Endgame

Started by HTA!, February 15, 2009, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Hint

I am a symbol of everything and nothing.
But I am not alone.
We are the are builders of thought and speech.
The endless din and drone.

To find my name, look at the start
I'm fifth in line to be heard.
Cut in half, across or down.
I'm symmetrical, isn't it absurd?

Lines 1-4
A symbol of everything and nothing, so it must be something that describes things correct?
However, there is more than one of them.
Builders of thought and speech... hey those are letters aren't they?

Lines 5-8
To find the original letter look at the start... of the post.
Fifth letter at the start of the post... hey that's my name!
So, this letter is symmetrical no matter which way you cut it?
It must be...

Of you guys can't solve it now... D:

GreatGonzales106

If you take the route you just took, you'd end up as an answer I already guessed...

SkyMyl

HTA!

Quote from: GreatGonzalez106 on February 21, 2009, 03:22:28 PM
If you take the route you just took, you'd end up as an answer I already guessed...
This line begs to differ.

First we start with the highest ranked
He is your first clue

Oh, two clues?
You should all have it by now.

EDIT

On a side note, Night phase is extended by 1 day.

1 more day for you to solve it.  ::)

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: HTA on February 21, 2009, 07:16:51 PM

On a side note, Night phase is extended by 1 day.

1 more day for you to solve it.  ::)
I wouldn't have guessed again if I knew this... :-\

HTA!

Will post results later.
No one got the riddle, the answer was NSF.
I'll explain that too.  ::)

HTA!

Gonzales glanced around quickly, making sure his wards were in place.
Something bubbled in his fireplace and the wind chimes around his door tinkled eerily.

Re-assured, he laid down in his bed to finally catch some sleep. That's when it all happened.
A claw came crashing down on his back, cutting huge gashes into his flesh. He cried out and sprang  to his feat, wildly searching for his staff. He found it, an ancient ram's skull mounted on a pole of char blackened wood, and started uttering incantations and spells as quickly as he could.

It was no use. The monsters faltered for only a second, and once they came to their senses it was all over. A quick bite to the neck sealed it, and Gonzales the Spell Caster died. With his final breath, he began muttering the spell of protection to help his fellow villagers. But to no avail, with a final groan he passed away, the spell unfinished on his lips.

Hector came crashing through the doorway with a Cross in one hand and a machete in another... but all he found was a bloody body and claw marks all over the walls. And for the first time since he had arrived... Hector felt terrified.

----------------------
Gonzales was a spell caster who could, at the cost of his life, keep any player from dieing permanently. If it was cast on a Monster, they would be converted to an innocent. His ability was unused, a message to the rest of you with secondary powers.

Now for the explanation to the riddle.

From where we left off...

Lines 9-12
You should have used the letter O as your starting place, assigning it the number 1.
From then on, give every letter a number (P = 2, Q = 3) and when you reach Z (12)
start over at A and continue numbering (A = 13, B = 14) until you reach N (26). This is your number code, and the hardest part of the riddle.

Letter 1
Highest ranked = highest number (26 or N)

Letter 2
This one was a little tricky, but which number did we use to find O?
5, and 5 in your code was S.

Letter 3
Voting age is 18, number 18 in your code is F.

So, put together that is NSF, which is why if you had done it correctly the code would be easy.
I'm surprised people just didn't guess NSF because the answer was 3 letters.

Anyway, Gonzales was getting closer to solving it, had he done so he would have survived, tough luck.
Day Phase 3 starts now, you have until 9 tomorrow.

Red

That was a good ability. D:

And I thought we were NSFCD, which is why I refrained from guessing NSF. I figured it out (After my first terrible guess. :P) before your first clue. =/

HTA!

Quote from: Red on February 23, 2009, 03:06:13 PM

And I thought we were NSFCD, which is why I refrained from guessing NSF. I figured it out (After my first terrible guess. :P) before your first clue. =/
A guess is better than no guess at all.
And you would have won.

Doodle

I haven't been trying the riddles. D:
Maybe I should start.
Also, we need to use #werewolf more.
YEAH

Red

Quote from: HTA on February 23, 2009, 03:08:21 PM
Quote from: Red on February 23, 2009, 03:06:13 PM

A guess is better than no guess at all.
And you would have won.
D: I thought I'd come on right before midnight, but I had to do Italian homework. ;-;

Doodle

YEAH

Ridley

I am back. Sorry I haven't been around but I have been busy.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

HTA!

Quote from: Doodle on February 24, 2009, 04:42:10 AM
No results?
I gave the innocents an extra day, so tonight you get results.

Some people still haven't voted!

HTA!

Hector washed his face in the pale of water by his bed.
He wouldn't drink it though, not unless it was boiled. The first night in the village had taught him that. Sunbeams painted the wall of his hut, and he glanced at the nearly completed map of the surrounding area laying by his bed.
Should he need a hasty get-away... he knew where to go.

The group of villagers gathered near the make-shift gallows once again, and sweat pored off of Hector's features. Half from the intense heat... half from fear...
Two warriors readied their spears should anything go amiss... and Hector slowly collected everyone's ballots, making sure everyone got a chance to vote. He read through them slowly... deliberately. "At least we will have a hanging..." he thought to himself.

A bug whizzed past his ear as he cleared his throat to speak. Holding up the same cross he had taken with him the night before, Hector spoke.

"By popular vote of the tribe, Red is sentenced to hang by the neck until dead. May god have mercy one your soul."

The warriors lifted him onto the stool... but Red had a blank expression on his face. He began to breathe heavily, and veins strained on his neck. Then, just as the stool was kicked from under him, he transformed into the same kind of monster Hector had seen before coming to the village. His eyes lolled in his head as the life left his limbs... a monster was slain.

Hector let out a sigh of relief. But he didn't put the cross down. Not for a second.

-------------------------
Red was killed, he was a monster.
That leaves 2 more.

I'll have a riddle by tomorrow afternoon, night phase lasts until Thursday.

Blame the anti-histamine.