News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

How to hack Brawl

Started by Ridley, August 06, 2008, 07:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridley

Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a game that seems to have infinite possibilities but every now and then you feel it is not enough. This is where hacking can help. In this guide, I will list all of the possible ways to hack brawl and how to exploit them.

Table of contents

1. How can hacking enhance my experience?

I. Texture hacks

II. Stage builder hacks

III. Future possibilities

2. The Homebrew Channel

I. How to download the Homebrew Channel

3. Ocarina Application

I. How to download and input codes

4. Action Replay Wii

I. Codes

How can hacking enhance my experience

So you want to know why you should hack? It is simple, have you ever wanted to have more control over what is in the game? Or maybe you wanted to make intricate stage builder stages and ran out of room? Sakurai forget to put something in? Well with this guide, all of that is about to change.

Texture Hacks

With texture hacks, you can change a characters appearance and costumes. Texture hacks are the fastest way to play as a new character, although they only recolor a current character that is in the roster. Some examples are shown below.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I know a lot of these still need some work but please try to remember that hacking is new to brawl and they are still working out the bugs.

Stage builder hacks

As I have said above, stage builder hacks can let you have and infinite amount of space and pieces to use. With stage builder hacks you could build anything form character art, to ships, to castles! The video below shows you what is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMH8nb3hixI

As you can see , and infinite amount of possibilities just opened up with the stage builder. Want more? Well hackers are discovering that by just changing some coding, they can make entirely new stage builder pieces that are not normally accessible. Imagine a stage made entirely out of pieces you never saw before! It won't be long before we get professional stage hazards if this rate of progress keeps moving up!

Future Possibilities

At the rate hackers are producing new codes, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new character some time in the future. If a large team of hackers get enough requests, I bet we could finally get those characters that should have been in but aren't. The only question is, which character do you want?

Alright the old guide is still here for reading but there is a new much more efficient way of downloading it. Just follow the instructions here and you will have it in a matter of minuets.

http://lifehacker.com/400581/hack-your-wii-for-homebrew-apps-and-dvd-playback

The Homebrew Channel

The Homebrew Channel is probably your cheapest option if you want to start hacking, however it is only one part of two. But first we have to download it before we can do anything else. You can follow the YouTube video below or the readable version if you prefer. (This guide is for people who have updated to version 3.3 Although if you have a version below it might save you some trouble)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTYWpGFgul8

Copy your twilight princess savegame from your Nintendo Wii to an SD card and then delete it from the wii's memory:

On your computer, copy the folder " wii " ( that folder is inside your SD card ) where you want, then delete from your SD the file " data.BIN ", but leave alone the other folders inside the SD:

Now, you must download the Twilight Hack, to do so, go to: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

and click under Download:

Inside the Twilight hack, open: private - wii - title, here you'll find 3 folders.
If your Wii is PAL ( Europe ) choose the folder " RZDP ", if your Wii is American or Japanese try the other 2 until it works ( see next passages ) and put the file in SD

Now you're ready to bring the Twilight Hack to your Wii, and don't worry, it won't ruin your wii and you're able to delete it when you want:

Delete EVERYTHING from your SD card on your computer and then download the Homebrew Channel from the official website: http://hbc.hackmii.com/

Inside the Archive you'll find 3 files:
the folder Wiiload
Readme
Boot.elf

Copy Boot.elf on your SD that must be completely empty

Put the SD inside your Wii and Run Zelda Twilight Princess.

Speak with the guy and then continue to press 1 on your wiimote to accept the questions

Now that you've installed the Homebrew Channel on your wii delete everything on your SD card and download the Gecko Freeloader OS here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Gecko_Region_Free

Inside the SD create a new folder called " apps " and put there the folder " geckoos " wich is in GeckoOS - HBC - geckoos

Put the SD on your Wii and run the Homebrew Channel:

Then, you know what to do, right? :D
There are many programs that can run with the Homebrew channel, like emulators, media players etc etc etc
It's all up to you! bye!

Credit to,
FrankyDThanatos for making this guide.

Ocarina Application

Here is a great example of the Ocarina in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl6TgINNS9c

The Ocarina application is what allows you to hack Wii games. You need the homebrew to download this. Anyway, as I have said above, you can follow the video or the readable version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LVKN2f1YI

So, first of all you must download the program here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mfwdyel4kt1

Inside this archive you'll find 3 folders:
apps
Ocarina version Canale
pc

Copy the folder " apps " inside your SD card that must be COMPLETELY EMPTY

Now, let's try some Super smash bros Brawl codes:
1 step ) Open the program " codemgr " which is inside the folder called " pc "
2 step ) Click on File and then on OPEN TXT FILE
3 step ) Choose the folder you want, " ntsc-jp " if you have a Japanese Wii, " ntsc-us " if you have an American Wii and " pal-eu " if you have a European Wii

4 step ) Super smash bros Brawl is the file " rsbp " in the European folder so i'm going to use that ( you can also open the files to see what game is it )

5 step ) I'm going to activate the character modifier code for Player 1, Giga Bowser is 2C so you must write 2C instead of XX inside the code.

6 step ) Now i'll activate the 2 stage builder codes

7 step ) Now that you've activated the codes you wanted to use, click on EXPORT TO GCT

8 step ) Choose your SD card where it says " Drive letter " and then click on " store "

9 step ) Now inside your SD card, near the " apps " folder you can see the " codes " folder

10 step ) Put the SD on your Wii and run The Homebrew channel, then the Ocarina program

11 step ) Put Super smash bros Brawl in your Wii and then press A on your wiimote, after that... enjoy the fun :D

Hopefully no, it doesn't work. That would be the worst using codes online -_-

If you want to use other codes or another game just delete the " codes " folder from your SD card and start again with what you want!

and if you want to search NEW codes, just go to: http://usbgecko.com/codes/index.php?r=u&l=all

Credit to,
FrankyDThanatos for making this guide.

Continued...
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

StarWindWizard7

I Would get the action replay Wii thingy, but I heard it might break my Wii or something...
(well that rumor is going back to the Cube era)...

I don't know..I'm very iffy on a device like that, That can harm my system/games... ya know...
:(

Ridley

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 06, 2008, 08:32:02 AM
I Would get the action replay Wii thingy, but I heard it might break my Wii or something...

I don't know..I'm very iffy on a device like that, That can harm my system/games... ya know...

You don't need an action replay, just use the homebrew/orcarina.
...It's quite obvious...

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Ridley on August 06, 2008, 08:33:14 AM

Sounds like a lot of trouble....
I don't care about character reanimated really, and I don't build stages...
I have no creativity like I thought I would have. :D

We'll see.
>_<

Ridley

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 06, 2008, 08:41:49 AM
Quote from: Ridley on August 06, 2008, 08:33:14 AM

Sounds like a lot of trouble....
I don't care about character reanimated really, and I don't build stages...
I have no creativity like I thought I would have. :D

We'll see.
>_<

Um messed up quote and it won't harm your wii as long as you do the twighlight hack.
...It's quite obvious...

QingXin

I'm fine with playing Brawl without hacks.

Besides, Nintendo is gonna find out, and come up with a System Update that makes every Wii with the Homebrew Channel break down  :|

Ridley

Quote from: TamJammerz on August 06, 2008, 10:05:01 AM

Besides, Nintendo is gonna find out, and come up with a System Update that makes every Wii with the Homebrew Channel break down  :|

Um that is why I am not going to update it with their poopty parental controls.
...It's quite obvious...

tibar21

that does look like pretty cool stuff, but i think i'll wait a while to be safe. this sounds risky.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

QingXin

Quote from: Ridley on August 06, 2008, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: TamJammerz on August 06, 2008, 10:05:01 AM

Um that is why I am not going to update it with their s***ty parental controls.
Don't certain games require you to update, though?  :O

Macawmoses

I'd like to remind everyone that your warranty is null and void by hacking.

Doodle

Sounds cool and all, but I don't want to risk breaking my Wii or anything.
And plus, I have TP for the Gamecube, so I can't.
YEAH

Ridley

Quote from: mackormoses on August 06, 2008, 01:37:12 PM
I'd like to remind everyone that your warranty is null and void by hacking.

My warrenty already ran out...
...It's quite obvious...

JrDude

Damn how I'd LOVE to do that........
But I gotta wait a while, to see if anything makes it intercourse  up the Wii, like maybe a Wii update. 'Cause some games need a Wii update to work, so I'm not taking the chance.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Ridley

Quote from: JrDude on August 06, 2008, 05:48:16 PM
dang how I'd LOVE to do that........
But I gotta wait a while, to see if anything makes it f*** up the Wii, like maybe a Wii update. 'Cause some games need a Wii update to work, so I'm not taking the chance.

The twighlight hack is made to work around the updates.
...It's quite obvious...