News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

do you guys even play video games anymore

Started by Custom, July 27, 2014, 02:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

i don't as much as i used to
i recently picked up kirby triple deluxe on 3ds and that's kind of fun but also too easy and kinda boring so idk

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

I had started fading out from them a while back. I don't know why, because I was busy all the time or just didn't care as much, but I simply didn't have the enthusiasm I used to. I'd still play Smash sometimes and CoD with my friends, but I couldn't bring myself to sit down and finish a real single player experience.

Then I played Xenoblade Chronicles. I'd owned it for a year now and never had the will to start it. Next thing I know, I'm blazing through it as fast as I can, and now I'm done and I want more. Xenoblade is a freaking amazing game; I was shocked at just how much I liked it, and in fact I would definitely put it in my top 10 games ever, maybe even top 5.

Now I'm back into video games. Still not as much as I once was, mind you, but I actually like to play them again. Also, I am definitely looking forward to several games coming out in the future, specifically Smash Bros, Arkham Knight, Zelda U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kingdom Hearts 3, OmegaRuby, and if I get an Xbox One I'd like to get back to Halo.

Zero

From like 2011 to the beginning of 2014 I barely played video games and when I did it was Smash Bros. or Guilty Gear/Blazblue/Marvel/SFIV/SFIIITS/Halo/Borderlands/TF2 with friends. We briefly played Injustice too when it released.

For the most part, if I played video games by myself it was an MMO like WoW or FFXIV and even then I'd also be playing with friends 99% of the time and dropped out of things like hardcore raiding/pvping soon after clearing all the content once because I didn't have time to grind the content. School, work, and relationships ate into any other free time I'd have so I really just didn't play single player poop much at all for a long time. Gradually I found myself  growing disinterested in games, especially new releases. I still hadn't even finished Pokemon Y by that point so I knew I needed a break, and for about 3 months I pretty much just played Smash with friends or the occasional Hearthstone match with a buddy online just to keep him happy I guess.

Then last summer I found myself with a week of no responsibility and got the urge to play some games. I marathon'd the Classic Mega Man series, the X series, and the Zero series. Started on Battle Network but ended up dropping it when school started back up. That semester was a lot less intense than previous semesters and I started playing games again, working on that backlog and actually getting some real usage out of my intercourse ing Wii U. I 100%'d Super Metroid for the first time a couple weeks ago(its been something I've wanted to do since I was like 11). Went on to play Demon's Souls, still working on NG+ off and on when I feel like it.

I've been playing Shovel Knight, Earthbound, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Wind Waker HD lately, and I still really want to pick up One Piece Unlimited World Red, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Metal Gear Rising Revengence. Before I pick those up, I need to finish some more of my backlog like I had been a few months ago(Completed some Gamecube games like Eternal Darkness and beat Telltales The Walking Dead, as well as platinuming Kingdom Hearts Final Mix).

I'm back into video games and done with MMOs again, and it looks like I'll be moving to Maine to work as an engineer by next Spring. I'm looking forward to Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, Smash Bros. 4, the new Zelda, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade 2, Captain Toad, and Bloodborne. Honestly I didn't see much else at e3 on Sony's end that made me interested, but that's okay I can wait.

Feels good man

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Spud

I got back into FFXIV last week. I also bought an xbone because it was $70 off but I can't really see myself using it often enough to justify the purchase.

Super

Quote from: Spud on July 27, 2014, 12:58:33 PM
I got back into FFXIV last week. I also bought an xbone because it was $70 off but I can't really see myself using it often enough to justify the purchase.
Keep it so we can play Halo later on this year.

Zero

Spud

Quote from: Zero on July 27, 2014, 03:23:01 PM
How's the new patch?
I just hit 50 a few days ago so I haven't really touched the end game stuff yet.

Quote from: Super on July 27, 2014, 01:13:47 PM
Keep it so we can play Halo later on this year.
Now I have to buy Halo when it comes out?

Silverhawk79

Not very often. Latest game I played was Shadow of the Colossus, which is pretty neat.

Super

Quote from: Spud on July 27, 2014, 06:41:18 PM
I just hit 50 a few days ago so I haven't really touched the end game stuff yet.
Yeah, you do. How are we gonna rape noobs if you're not there to help me rape noobs?

The Seventh

I still do...but mostly with friends here and there.  But it's primarly PC...with some WiiU on the side.  Beyond that I'm either too busy to do any gaming or just don't feel like it.
meh

Zero

Ah. Endgame is fun and all, but playing through that game was a lot of fun itself.

Flying Chickens

I don't think I've touched a video game for a few months. Even before then it was infrequent. I tried to finish Pokemon Y a month ago but only caught one Pokemon then got bored.
So, no. No.

Matt

dah master chief collection hype