News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Fuck cancer.

Started by Silverhawk79, August 26, 2014, 09:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

So they stopped my mom's chemo. They gave her 3 months or less to live. Fuck cancer. I don't even know what to do now.

JrDude

Sucks man, it really does.
The only advice I can really give is advice most will give. Spend a lot of quality time with her, have fun with each other. But don't mourn it yet, because she's still here. Do things she would love to do, and things you would love to do with her. The focus now should be on the happy, and barely, if any, on the sad.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

I can't say how sorry I am, Silver. We're all here for you, however little comfort that may seem to be.

Tupin

Whatever it means to you, we're here for you. I know we joke a lot, but most of us here really care.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Sorry Silver. I know the feel. My mother's bladder comes out on the 10th, and now they want to remove her uterus. The cancer is spreading.

She's becoming very recluse as this is developing. If there is anything I hate, it is the feeling of powerlessness.

Custom

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on August 26, 2014, 09:12:41 PM
So they stopped my mom's chemo. They gave her 3 months or less to live. Fuck cancer. I don't even know what to do now.
This sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. Just focus on the positive and spend as much time with her as you can.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Bowser81889

I lost my mom last year to cancer, just about ten days shy of what would have been her 55th birthday.  She had bile duct pancreatic cancer.  It was a really rare form of it more commonly found in Asian men, as she had told me at one point.  She had so many treatments and never lost the fight to live.  It really, really bites because cancer has claimed so many of my loved ones. 

I'm terribly sorry to hear of this news.  Please take heart that you have people who care about you and your family, and try to focus on spending as much time with her as you can and focus on the good times...as much as you can possibly help it.  It makes me really sad to hear of this.

I really wish I could have my Mom back.  I miss her so much.

Silverhawk79

She passed away yesterday, about half an hour before my sister's wedding.

The Riddler

I don't know if you saw my message on facebook but here it is again.

Dude you're going to hear this from a thousand people, but if you need to talk about anything, you know where to find me. my mom didn't have cancer so i can't imagine what you all went through, but she was a very sick woman for a very long time and she passed completely without warning, just a month and a half ago. it's hard, it's going to be hard. every single night i go to bed i still have visions of how i found her - but your friends and family will help, hold them as closely as you can right now.

Again, I am so sorry.

Tupin

Whatever I say will probably not be able to effectively articulate my feelings at this point. Just remember that we're here for you. Thinking of you.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on August 31, 2014, 03:42:40 PM
Whatever I say will probably not be able to effectively articulate my feelings at this point. Just remember that we're here for you. Thinking of you.

Viewtifulboy

I don't like commenting on something unimaginably devastating... And my dog is being put down tomorrow...

buttlord420

sorry aaron silver feel better  :( :( :(   sadbot; sadbot; sadbot;

L10

As a former regular; my condolences Silver.

Hang in there.
0o!f

TheDarkChief

Quote from: Tupin on August 31, 2014, 03:42:40 PM
this

my prayers and condolences