News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Chickens

Y'know, this game doesn't look like anything special to me. I'll keep on saving my money, I guess.

Neerb

Quote from: Flying Chickens on March 14, 2012, 07:46:37 PM
Y'know, this game doesn't look like anything special to me. I'll keep on saving my money, I guess.

For Luigi's Mansion 2, I would hope...

Or, you know, something important in real life, I guess...

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on March 14, 2012, 06:12:45 PM
Geez, let's calm down everyone.

How can I remain calm? If this game sells well Sakurai will have an excuse to not do Smash Bros.

Obviously this game needs to be boycotted.

Neerb

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 14, 2012, 09:59:23 PM
How can I remain calm? If this game sells well Sakurai will have an excuse to not do Smash Bros.

Well, he already said he'd start Smash once this came out, and it's not like Sakurai would ever lie to us...  :)

Doodle

Quote from: Neerb on March 14, 2012, 01:50:50 PM
A perfect score is nothing to scoff at, though
Yes it is. The most mediocre and broken games manage perfect scores nowadays :U
Fucking Minecraft got a perfect score
YEAH

Neerb

Quote from: Doodle on March 15, 2012, 08:33:14 AM
Yes it is. The most mediocre and broken games manage perfect scores nowadays :U
Fucking Minecraft got a perfect score

Opinion? Not to mention none of the reviewers I follow gave that game a perfect score.

And sure, 10s aren't as hard to come by as they should be (Famitsu's last 40/40 was FFXIII-2, which, at 79 on Metacritic, was the worst game they've ever given a 40/40), but I don't recall the last time a mediocre game got a perfect score. Out of Edge, GI, IGN, and Famitsu, I've never played a perfectly rated game and thought it was sub-par, even when the genre isn't really my thing or it's the 16th title in the series.

Is KIU a truly 10/10 game? I'd guess "no." However, is it a "meh" game that got blown out of proportion? Judging from the videos I've seen, opinions I've heard, and three review scores we've seen, I'd again say "no." I don't think reviewers are THAT untrustworthy just yet.

Doodle

Quote from: Neerb on March 15, 2012, 10:24:09 AM
Opinion? Not to mention none of the reviewers I follow gave that game a perfect score.
Minecraft is not at all a perfect game. Not even close to one. Not even really a "good" game design-wise :U
YEAH

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Neerb on March 14, 2012, 09:51:33 PM
For Luigi's Mansion 2, I would hope...

Or, you know, something important in real life, I guess...
Luigi's Mansion 2, definitely. Or I'll finally get around to buying Star Fox 64 or Super Mario 3D Land. Or any other 3DS game for that matter, considering I only have OoT3D

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on March 15, 2012, 05:38:25 AM
Well, he already said he'd start Smash once this came out, and it's not like Sakurai would ever lie to us...  :)

Nonsense. Boycott away.

Also for the record, a 10/10 rating has never meant perfect. J/S

Kayo

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 14, 2012, 09:59:23 PM

Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, I saw a TV commercial for this on the big screen tonight. It looked really good up there. I know that that has nothing to do with the quality of the game, but darn. It looks awesome.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 15, 2012, 09:44:40 PM
Don't even bother. Gamers will never get this. :/

Nayrman

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 15, 2012, 09:44:40 PM

And that's why I hate the 1-10 or 1-5 rating scales. Having a 10/10 may not necessarily mean perfect (it could be described at being more or less flawless in execution, excellent gameplay, etc.) but being "perfect" is what it implies. I kind of think that's why everyone gets in a spitz every time people hand out 10/10's and such.

*boycotts reviewers til they get a more sensible rating scale.* (boycott ALL the things!)

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on March 16, 2012, 06:57:34 AM
And that's why I hate the 1-10 or 1-5 rating scales. Having a 10/10 may not necessarily mean perfect (it could be described at being more or less flawless in execution, excellent gameplay, etc.) but being "perfect" is what it implies. I kind of think that's why everyone gets in a spitz every time people hand out 10/10's and such.

*boycotts reviewers til they get a more sensible rating scale.* (boycott ALL the things!)
I guess you mean one without numbers?

Neerb

So, the Medusa short from Studio 4C is up, and DANG is it better than the Thanatos shorts. Like, MILES ahead of it. Voice actors aren't awkwardly reading their lines, action's better, the thing looks beautiful. Now I just hope the two Palutena shorts from Shaft can compare.

Also, does anybody [who cares] know the actual voice actors from the game? For months I've seen "Johnny Yong Bosch as Pit and Tara Strong as Palutena" on all kinds of sites, and it definitely sounds like them (at least Tara Strong) in the trailers, but lately a bunch of sites have changed to give the anime VAs (Antony Del Rio and Ali Hillis) credit for the game, and now I'm just confused, especially given that I haven't found a single official source for either claim.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 16, 2012, 02:54:32 PM
So, the Medusa short from Studio 4C is up, and DANG is it better than the Thanatos shorts. Like, MILES ahead of it. Voice actors aren't awkwardly reading their lines, action's better, the thing looks beautiful. Now I just hope the two Palutena shorts from Shaft can compare.

Also, does anybody [who cares] know the actual voice actors from the game? For months I've seen "Johnny Yong Bosch as Pit and Tara Strong as Palutena" on all kinds of sites, and it definitely sounds like them (at least Tara Strong) in the trailers, but lately a bunch of sites have changed to give the anime VAs (Antony Del Rio and Ali Hillis) credit for the game, and now I'm just confused, especially given that I haven't found a single official source for either claim.
...I heard Antony Del Rio and Tara Strong. The former's Twitter account confirms that he did, in fact, voice Pit (and Dark Pit) for Kid Icarus: Uprising. As for the latter, I haven't seen any confirmation.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]