News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Notched Ear Pichu + Pikachu Colored Pichu Seems To Be A Big Event...

Started by JrDude, June 18, 2009, 06:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

If you go to Serebii, the Notched ear'd Pichu has a different pose than the Pikachu Colored Pichu (PC Pichu). So one of them (or both of them) is  super special. I'm starting to want this special PC Pichu, just so I can have the Notched ear'd Pichu, I wonder how they look when evolved to Pikachu/Raichu o.o.
Anyway, any news on how to get the PC Pichu in USA at all? or would we have to trade from a Japanese person?
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

It has a notched ear, of course it's going to have a different sprite.
Pikachu Colored Pichu is likely just a shiny.

Currently, the Pichu is only available at Japanese movie theaters, with no USA release announced yet. Serebii lists the event as sometime in 2009 for US but I'm not sure if they have any good sources for such info or not.

JrDude

Quote from: Bluaki on June 18, 2009, 07:10:40 PM
It has a notched ear, of course it's going to have a different sprite.
Pikachu Colored Pichu is likely just a shiny.

Currently, the Pichu is only available at Japanese movie theaters, with no USA release announced yet. Serebii lists the event as sometime in 2009 for US but I'm not sure if they have any good sources for such info or not.
According to Serebii (I asked), the PC Pichu isn't the shiny color, it's "slightly different."
And what do you mean "of course?" I find it surprising that they made an entirely new sprite just for a different ear.
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on June 19, 2009, 12:53:27 AM
According to Serebii (I asked), the PC Pichu isn't the shiny color, it's "slightly different."
And what do you mean "of course?" I find it surprising that they made an entirely new sprite just for a different ear.
Yes, it's slightly different in that it contains tiny amounts of event-triggering data. Otherwise, it's just a shiny Pichu.
People don't make partial sprites. If the shape of the Pokemon's body is different, then of course they will make a different sprite for that. With its special movie role, it's not unlikely that it would have its own unique art.

JrDude

Quote from: Bluaki on June 19, 2009, 07:38:04 AM
Yes, it's slightly different in that it contains tiny amounts of event-triggering data. Otherwise, it's just a shiny Pichu.
People don't make partial sprites. If the shape of the Pokemon's body is different, then of course they will make a different sprite for that. With its special movie role, it's not unlikely that it would have its own unique art.
By slightly different, I meant color-wise.
And I still find it surprising and didn't know he was in the movie and didn't consider it o.o
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Well, now that blu addressed that, cool.

I really like the notched-ear Pichu, though. It's cute. The Japanese seem to agree with me.

DededeCloneChris

Macawmoses

Quote from: wiiboychris on June 20, 2009, 06:45:33 PM
It feels like Pichu's popularity is returning back.
I think it is the whole "Cute + Japan = selling gold" thing. I've seen a few promotions with Pichu on it now D:

Pascal

Omega12

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

JrDude

Yes it is just a shiny as I just now observed, I wonder why they keep calling it "Pikachu Colored Pichu" though, especially since it's actually not really Pikachu colored. I just thought it may be slightly different because that's what Serebii told me.
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on June 22, 2009, 03:01:00 PM
Yes it is just a shiny as I just now observed, I wonder why they keep calling it "Pikachu Colored Pichu" though, especially since it's actually not really Pikachu colored. I just thought it may be slightly different because that's what Serebii told me.

Frankly, I think regular Pichu is much more similar to Pikachu in coloration than shiny Pichu. Unless the Pikachu you're comparing it to is also shiny.

JrDude

Quote from: Bluaki on June 22, 2009, 11:12:13 PM

Frankly, I think regular Pichu is much more similar to Pikachu in coloration than shiny Pichu. Unless the Pikachu you're comparing it to is also shiny.
No. I compared shiny Pichu with regular Pikachu, it confuses me on why Serebii calls it "Pikachu Colored Pichu" when it's just shiny.
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on June 22, 2009, 11:14:17 PM
No. I compared shiny Pichu with regular Pikachu, it confuses me on why Serebii calls it "Pikachu Colored Pichu" when it's just shiny.
I'm just supporting that it doesn't seem to be "Pikachu Colored".

Going into further detail, both Pikachu and Pichu's sprites seem to use three main shades of yellow. Showing the yellow color palette right of the respective sprite, here's a comparison in order of Pichu, Shiny Pichu, Pikachu, and Shiny Pikachu:

The colors are all slightly different between the four, but it's clear that the palette of regular Pikachu much more closely matches regular Pichu than Shiny Pichu