News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

New Pokémon Stuff Ideas

Started by JrDude, December 30, 2009, 04:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

Quote from: Red on January 20, 2010, 05:38:32 PM
Evasion clause sounds like the biggest load of poop ever.
Sleep/Freeze clause makes sense, but not allowed to use double-team? Lame.

Also, Gwen, Ice floats, but they're not made of ice. :3
I don't know, when two opponents just keep double teaming, the ensuing battle is annoying. I've had that problem with Syndey's Shiftry. I don't know if there's an evasion clause outside of the metagame, though.

Kayo

Quote from: Red on January 20, 2010, 05:38:32 PM
Evasion clause sounds like the biggest load of poop ever.
Sleep/Freeze clause makes sense, but not allowed to use double-team? Lame.

Also, Gwen, Ice floats, but they're not made of ice. :3
Would you like your opposing Blissey use 6 Double Teams? While your first Close Combat misses out of bad luck then her evasion keeps getting higher? I didn't think so.

Not made of ice? Glalie, Regice, and Froslass say hi.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: K on January 21, 2010, 04:14:36 AM
Would you like your opposing Blissey use 6 Double Teams? While your first Close Combat misses out of bad luck then her evasion keeps getting higher? I didn't think so.

Not made of ice? Glalie, Regice, and Froslass say hi.
Use evasion droppers and No-Miss Moves. Duh.
If your opponents Blissey can get off 6 Double Teams, something is wrong.

Regice is the only one in there definitely made of ice.

Kayo

Quote from: Red on January 21, 2010, 05:14:43 AM
Use evasion droppers and No-Miss Moves. Duh.
If your opponents Blissey can get off 6 Double Teams, something is wrong.

Regice is the only one in there definitely made of ice.
Kthx. Now I have to load my pokemon with Swift and Aerial Ace to counter the now-invincible double team garchomp. :|
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: K on January 21, 2010, 12:51:54 PM
Kthx. Now I have to load my pokemon with Swift and Aerial Ace to counter the now-invincible double team garchomp. :|
Then do it. Or use mud-slap or sand-attack or flash, or evade yourself.
There are counters to it. Sure, it'll get annoying if everyone does it, so it should be looked down on, but not have it's own intercourse ing clause.

Kayo

Quote from: Red on January 21, 2010, 12:54:06 PM
Then do it. Or use mud-slap or sand-attack or flash, or evade yourself.
There are counters to it. Sure, it'll get annoying if everyone does it, so it should be looked down on, but not have it's own intercourse ing clause.
Also, its considered "hax" because, your opponent might evade every attack after 2 DTs, yet you can use 6 and then die. It deserves it's own intercourse ing clause because most people don't want to deal with it. So if you don't have any defense to your side, I suggest shutting the intercourse  up.
[move][/move]

Friendly Hostile

Hey yet another reason I don't like competitive battling.  You guys throw entire aspects of the battle system out because it makes thing too hard.

The Riddler

Quote from: K on January 21, 2010, 01:00:39 PM
Also, its considered "hax" because, your opponent might evade every attack after 2 DTs, yet you can use 6 and then die. It deserves it's own intercourse ing clause because most people don't want to deal with it. So if you don't have any defense to your side, I suggest shutting the intercourse  up.
Calm down. It's a game.

FH, I don't get into competitive battling either, probably why I don't see as many issues with certain things. I always understood the sleep/freeze clause, but I figure there are counters to almost everything.

Kayo

Quote from: Red on January 21, 2010, 01:12:08 PM
Calm down. It's a game.

FH, I don't get into competitive battling either, probably why I don't see as many issues with certain things. I always understood the sleep/freeze clause, but I figure there are counters to almost everything.
I don't battle competitively because of Stealth Rock, etc. However, I don't use Double team. And when i DO battle somebody, i make them use the evasion clause.
[move][/move]

Friendly Hostile

If it's available in game, it's fair game to use in a battle in my eyes.  No matter how cheap or annoying it is.

jnfs2014

There is no single counter in OU to every set of a full health Garchomp.

Kayo

Quote from: Violet on January 21, 2010, 02:00:01 PM
There is no single counter in OU to every set of a full health Garchomp.
There's always Starmie with Ice beam is there not?

Give it focus sash if you suspect Sucker Punch or Choice Scarf if you expect Choice Scarf.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on January 21, 2010, 01:24:54 PM
If it's available in game, it's fair game to use in a battle in my eyes.  No matter how cheap or annoying it is.
That's kinda dependent on the game, though. Games like Pokemon don't get patched, so you gotta deal with what's in there.

If you wanna talk about things in games like MW2 though, see the pre-patch Akimbo Model 1886's. Good god those were broken.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Red on January 21, 2010, 02:20:55 PM
That's kinda dependent on the game, though. Games like Pokemon don't get patched, so you gotta deal with what's in there.

If you wanna talk about things in games like MW2 though, see the pre-patch Akimbo Model 1886's. Good god those were broken.
I was speaking only of Pokemon, seeing how as that's what we're talking about. :B

Red

I don't mean to change the subject, but I'm going to post what I want in the next one.

More/Useful Key Items. Seriously, the map is good and so is some other stuff, but come on. It's basically been the same ones for years, give or take a few.

More useless towns/places/people. I like exploring in RPGs. I don't want to have to go to every city as part of story; I want there to be completely useless places that you can buy a few items at and meet the locals. Makes the game have much more replay value and way more interesting. Especially if there are some hidden ones.

A training place. It'd function as Shoddy basically. See how much damage a certain move does, what nature works best for your play style, etc. Maybe give it online capabilities, but I couldn't care less.

Sell items to people in game. I'm not sure if you can sell them to pokemarts, but I just want to go up to someone and have him/her say, "I'll give you $500 or that potion!" or the like.

There might be more I want to add later, but that's it for now.