<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

You know what we need?

Started by Rayquarian, May 31, 2010, 05:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night the Lucario

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 09, 2010, 04:33:56 PM
?_?

Um... I just checked Bulbapedia, Serebii, Smogon, Wikipedia, Pojo, and a variety of random sites on Google, and they all agree that even in the oldest games, Bulbasaur was Grass/Poison and Gyarados was Water/Flying. Oh, and Dragon has always been around too.

Dragon is no more an original type that Ghost, Dark, Bug, or Poison. Or, for that matter, Rock or Steel. Or Ice. Or Flying. There was Ground, Fighting, Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Psychic, and the Normal catch all. Then, in Gen II when they divided up most of the types(i.e., Ground into Rock, Ground, and Steel, Water into Water and Ice(and, arguably, Dragon), Grass into Grass, Bug, and Poison, Psychic into Psychic, Ghost, and Dark, Normal into Normal and Flying) and gave Pokemon dual typing, Gyarados was Water/Dragon. However, in Gen I, Bulbasaur, due to the lack of dual typing, was just Grass type.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Night the Lucario on June 10, 2010, 01:00:51 PM
Dragon is no more an original type that Ghost, Dark, Bug, or Poison. Or, for that matter, Rock or Steel. Or Ice. Or Flying. There was Ground, Fighting, Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Psychic, and the Normal catch all. Then, in Gen II when they divided up most of the types(i.e., Ground into Rock, Ground, and Steel, Water into Water and Ice(and, arguably, Dragon), Grass into Grass, Bug, and Poison, Psychic into Psychic, Ghost, and Dark, Normal into Normal and Flying) and gave Pokemon dual typing, Gyarados was Water/Dragon. However, in Gen I, Bulbasaur, due to the lack of dual typing, was just Grass type.
I'm gonna have to call BS on this one.  Give me a few minutes and i'll show you a screenshot of 1st gen dual typing

So_So_Man

there, proof of first gen dual typing.

Turok

If the need arises, I can take/post pics of dual-typing in Pokemon Stadium, as thats the only Gen 1 game I own. Gen 2 just made more Pokemon dual-typed, like Magnemite. (still hate that to this day)

Pre-Post Edit: Guess I don't need to.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Neerb

:|  :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

What the heck are you talking about?!?!?

So since Poison and Ice didn't exist back then, why does this Pokemon Stadium 1 fight have Blizzard as an attack? And how come Earthquake is super effective against Nidoking?

And what the heck type is Dragonair in this battle against Lance the DRAGON tamer to where Dragonite can super-effective it with ICE BEAM?! And what type is Dragonite to where Nidoking can get super effective with ROCK SLIDE?

Look dude, I have no idea where the heck you're getting your info from, but dual typing has always existed, as have all types except for Dark and Steel, both of which were 2nd gen inventions. Bulbasaur has always been Grass/Poison, Gyarados has always been Water/Flying, Dragonite has always been Dragon/Flying... I'd really really like to know who told you this crap. Also, if you get the chance, go back and play them yourself; they were the best anyway.

Rius

Umm... what? Dual types have always existed. The only change in Gen II was the addition of Steel and Dark, and that was because Psychic was too God-mode. As for Gyarados, it was always Water/Flying; there are strong hints that it would have been Dragon type, but the addition of Dragon at the end of the development process and the fact that Gyarados would have had no weaknesses (since Dragon Rage was the only Dragon-type move) nullified that idea. There were some changes in type effectiveness, like Bug no longer weak to Poison, but that shouldn't have confused anyone to these scales.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Rius on June 10, 2010, 04:39:53 PMBug no longer weak to Poison, but that shouldn't have confused anyone to these scales.
I'm pretty sure that Bug Types are weak to Poison. It's been that way since Generation III at least and I'm pretty sure that's it's always been that way. I basically agree with everything else though.

Maybe Night is somehow talking about the TCG? In that case, there were only the types of Fire, Water (which includes Ice), Grass (which includes Poison and Bug), Electric, Fighting (which includes Ground and Rock), Colorless (also called Normal, which includes Flying and Dragon), and Psychic (which includes Ghost). Dark and Steel were added to the TCG the same time as the games.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

DededeCloneChris

Bug moves aren't very effective against Poison types. Poison types deal normal damage to Bug types.

Shujinco2

This is just about the biggest fail in all of video game history.

I do believe others have stated as to why, and I don't feel like repeating them.

RX-78-2

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on June 11, 2010, 10:13:05 PM
Bug moves aren't very effective against Poison types. Poison types deal normal damage to Bug types.
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I got confused because so many Poison-type moves were super effective against my Bug-type Pokémon--it must have also been a Grass-type or something.

tibar21

an evil pokemon?
Jigglypuff duh
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Neerb

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 14, 2010, 08:16:27 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I got confused because so many Poison-type moves were super effective against my Bug-type Pokémon--it must have also been a Grass-type or something.

I'm pretty sure Poison>Bug in first gen, but they changed it in 2nd gen or something.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 14, 2010, 08:50:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Poison>Bug in first gen, but they changed it in 2nd gen or something.
Yep, and thats confused the intercourse  out of me ever since

Rayquarian

Ground, Fighting, Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Psychic, and Normal...those are the types from the TCG, not from the actual game.  Of course the TCG would only have that many types to start with.  Imagine trying to fix 15 types into a TCG.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Rayquarian on June 18, 2010, 03:03:13 PM
Ground, Fighting, Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Psychic, and Normal...those are the types from the TCG, not from the actual game.  Of course the TCG would only have that many types to start with.  Imagine trying to fix 15 types into a TCG.
Well, the Yu-gi-oh! TCG has about that many, if not more, but I think that the attributes of that game would correspond better to what you mean (in which case, there are six--technically seven).