News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

When did this place become so quiet?

Started by Tupin, July 25, 2012, 06:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on September 29, 2012, 08:27:52 PM
Uh...you do know where the fandom started, right?

That doesn't really matter. The point is that it was destroying the other boards. Is /mu/ a great place for MLP discussion? No, but there were MLP threads there and just about every other board. They'd get banned or redirected to /co/ but it never stopped until /mlp/ was made.

For a while, you'd see similar behavior on Kotaku. Oh, a Skyrim article? The comments are now discussing MLP, because its the perfect place to do it.

Tupin

Quote from: Z on September 29, 2012, 09:04:10 PM
That doesn't really matter. The point is that it was destroying the other boards. Is /mu/ a great place for MLP discussion? No, but there were MLP threads there and just about every other board. They'd get banned or redirected to /co/ but it never stopped until /mlp/ was made.

For a while, you'd see similar behavior on Kotaku. Oh, a Skyrim article? The comments are now discussing MLP, because its the perfect place to do it.
Kotaku does stuff to propagate it, they feature pony-related video games quite a bit. After E3 and people are mad the conferences sucked? Feature a video of a bunch of pony fan games!  Featuring a Skyrim mod?  Why not the pony one? They do it for page views, because they know people will look at it and get emotional. The official game being announced was hilarious. Plus, the clip of one of the ponies going "AND I WANT IT NOW!" was used in comments when it was a game people really wanted.

People asked over and over and over again to have a pony thread in /co/ and every time it ended with them being banned. If they  had just gotten it like every other cartoon, it would have never left that.

/mlp/ spends a lot of time convincing people that the people posting pony in the other boards aren't the people who actually frequent it. Still, should have seen the raging from other boards when Gabe Newell said he liked the show, or when Meet the Pyro was released.

And now, pizza:

Cookies:

Heck, why not both?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Mona

Alright, fine.
If we're doing the food thing...
I will fight back.
They aren't gifs but whatever.

RX-78-2

You haven't lived until you've put this on a cookie and eaten it.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Zovistograt

what is going on here

whatever it is looks delicious
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on September 29, 2012, 09:16:19 PM
Kotaku does stuff to propagate it, they feature pony-related video games quite a bit. After E3 and people are mad the conferences sucked? Feature a video of a bunch of pony fan games!  Featuring a Skyrim mod?  Why not the pony one? They do it for page views, because they know people will look at it and get emotional. The official game being announced was hilarious. Plus, the clip of one of the ponies going "AND I WANT IT NOW!" was used in comments when it was a game people really wanted.

Fair enough on the first point. Kotaku does a lot of things to generate hits. What they don't realize is that they've lost many readers as a result and sort of lost a lot credibility in the eyes of a lot people. Which is fine, I mean, there are plenty of other and arguably better gaming blogs. Vote with your viewership and all that.

And yes, pony discussion is in pony articles. That isn't surprising. Unfortunately it leaks out into other articles more often than any other off-topic item in the history of the internet. That's the issue, and you've already mentioned you find it annoying too. So, moving on.

People asked over and over and over again to have a pony thread in /co/ and every time it ended with them being banned. If they  had just gotten it like every other cartoon, it would have never left that.

This is unfortunately due to how elitist the 4chan community is at its core. Dragonball Z and One Piece threads are redirected from /a/ to /v/ for no reason other than it isn't hipster enough for /a/. Meanwhile, Fist of the North Star, another generic fighting anime(which is decent but w/e), is perfectly acceptable, probably because barely anyone in the West knows what the intercourse  FotNS is. Just one example, but /a/ and /mu/ when combined probably are more elitist than 10000 Kanye Wests. You probably know all this but, I guess its just nice to talk about, haha.

/mlp/ spends a lot of time convincing people that the people posting pony in the other boards aren't the people who actually frequent it. Still, should have seen the raging from other boards when Gabe Newell said he liked the show, or when Meet the Pyro was released.

It's difficult to prove any of that, so they're probably fighting a battle they can't win. Yeah, I saw /v/ blow a casket or two over Gabe's comments on the show and Meet the Pyro. They were all waiting for MtP for years only to start raging over it instead of enjoying it. Personally, I thought it was great.

Tupin

People go to Kotaku and expecting decent gaming news coverage? Yeah, and your summary of what happened pretty much sums it all up. Funny how not letting people talk about something doesn't stop them from doing it, huh?

Ran out of .gifs for now, just enjoy the delicious food.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

The Seventh

meh

Mona

Psilocybin

i wasn't aware this place was still around, anyone remember me? :o

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Psilocybin on October 02, 2012, 09:39:16 PM
No. But your name is familiar.

Psilocybin

Quote from: Flying Chickens on October 02, 2012, 09:39:50 PM
No. But your name is familiar.
nsider original! i got some email about how this place is still alive. so... yeah. darn.

Custom

Quote from: Psilocybin on October 02, 2012, 09:39:16 PM

I do! You were super rad!

Also, I was from the original NSider as well. I also remember you, TuppyLover.

(also i'm not staying here i'm trying to find something for TK)
(Your search function doesn't work unless I log in. :( )

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Custom on October 03, 2012, 12:44:33 AM
I do! You were super rad!

Also, I was from the original NSider as well. I also remember you, TuppyLover.

(also i'm not staying here i'm trying to find something for TK)
(Your search function doesn't work unless I log in. :( )
I think we made it like that because bots kept spamming it and slowing the site down.

Rae

Make JMV admin again. Put this in your sig to show support and/or a heron will make a mess of your pots and pans.