News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Megaman Legends 3 cancelled

Started by Nayrman, July 18, 2011, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Apparently it wasn't up to par, so Capcom is pulling the plug on Legends 3 for the 3DS. Kinda sad, but not really since I wasn't a fan of Legends to begin with. But between that and Universe being cancelled, the loss of Inafune looks to be bigger than expected. I have to wonder what Capcom plans to do with Megaman in general since everything seems to be falling apart around him lately.

DededeCloneChris

Inafune leaving wasn't exactly the reason ML3 was cancelled.

And to show my sadness to losing such a good sequel...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Nayrman

It may not have been the primary reason to it being cancelled, but not doubt it certainly had some effect.

Kayo

What's happening to Megaman ;_;
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

Capcom is pretty much a joke now. It's good that Inafune got out when he did.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Let's see...
-Cancel Megaman Universe
-Don't put Megaman in Marvel vs Capcom 3
-Pull the plug on Megaman Legends 3

I'm pretty sure they just hate their fans now. Honestly, they were letting fans design characters for them AND those same fans were going to PAY for a DEMO, and they still couldn't get this game going? It's like, the single most anticipated Megaman game in years! I don't understand the reasoning behind this...

Tupin

They seem to not want to release a Mega Man game for some reason. I wonder what they are going to do next...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on July 18, 2011, 07:34:26 PM
Let's see...
-Cancel Megaman Universe
-Don't put Megaman in Marvel vs Capcom 3
-Pull the plug on Megaman Legends 3

I'm pretty sure they just hate their fans now. Honestly, they were letting fans design characters for them AND those same fans were going to PAY for a DEMO, and they still couldn't get this game going? It's like, the single most anticipated Megaman game in years! I don't understand the reasoning behind this...
Didn't meet their criteria as they said, apparently.

Kayo

Poor Mega Man... his legacy is coming to an end ;~;
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Not "up to par?" lol. It's because the 3DS flopped. Don't worry guys, it might get moved to Vita.

Tupin

Do they expect 20 million people to have a 3DS after being out for four months? People will only buy it if you make games for it, but most developers don't want to develop something they aren't sure will be a hit. It's a sad cycle of development.

Still, the 3DS is going to have to keep up. Being the same price as a Vita is pretty bad for it. Vita can compete since it's not a ridiculous price compared to the Nintendo handheld like the PSP was.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Tupin on July 18, 2011, 10:06:21 PM
Do they expect 20 million people to have a 3DS after being out for four months? People will only buy it if you make games for it, but most developers don't want to develop something they aren't sure will be a hit. It's a sad cycle of development.

Still, the 3DS is going to have to keep up. Being the same price as a Vita is pretty bad for it. Vita can compete since it's not a ridiculous price compared to the Nintendo handheld like the PSP was.
Price isn't the issue; the fact that it's the worse piece of gaming hardware since the N-Gage is. It was screwed out of the gate. I really hope that Nintendo learns from its mistake and replaces it before Vita has PS2-level control of the market.

Kayo

The 3DS has nothing without games. No one will make games for a system with nothing.

The cycle never ends.
[move][/move]

Zero

Yeah

It's a sad day when you compare your former favorite developer to Activision.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 18, 2011, 10:28:46 PM
Price isn't the issue; the fact that it's the worse piece of gaming hardware since the N-Gage is.

Declaring your opinions as facts, are we? Alright, not surprised. It's NSF. Though I will admit I'm interested as to what your reasoning may be. Kindly elaborate, because comparing the device to something as horrible as an N-Gage is a very clear sign you haven't had much time with a 3DS.

About the only thing the handheld is missing is a solid library. Two of its biggest selling games are updates of old games(Tales/Zelda), granted, however it has a solid upcoming games line-up. Shit sucks, but it is what it is. Even then, it doesn't make it as terrible as the intercourse ing N-Gage.

Custom

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 18, 2011, 10:28:46 PM
Price isn't the issue; the fact that it's the worse piece of gaming hardware since the N-Gage is. It was screwed out of the gate. I really hope that Nintendo learns from its mistake and replaces it before Vita has PS2-level control of the market.

what's wrong with you lol

also this is a sadness
capcom has been making me sad a lot lately :(

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!