News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Nintendo's holding a 3DS event on September 13th!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, August 23, 2011, 03:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I would say it's probably not going to be optional, but then again how many games really used WiiMotionPlus exclusively? I hope it's not an attachment they never use.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

It'll be covering face buttons.

How could you make that required?

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2011, 08:11:19 PM
Wait, you guys are whining about an OPTIONAL attachment?

Why?
Because it's not optional and will be required for some games?

And because it makes the current 3DS a lame prototype that will be obsolete in a few months? (I'm betting February.)

R&D is supposed to prevent stuff like this. Nintendo just became the laughingstock of the industry.

Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2011, 08:19:23 PM
It'll be covering face buttons.

How could you make that required?
It'll be next to the face buttons.

Go to NeoGAF and read the thread there.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2011, 08:11:19 PM
Wait, you guys are whining about an OPTIONAL attachment?

Why?
I'm not going to go out and buy a 3DS now that it's clear a revision will come out with this thing built in. I swear, Nintendo is getting REALLY sloppy with the whole 3DS thing.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

EDIT:

Yeah. Nothing I'm finding indicates this poop is going to be "required".

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2011, 08:25:43 PM
I didn't see where it said its going to be required.

It's still most likely going to be USEFUL, and I don't want to risk having an awesome game come out in which gameplay is severely hindered with the lack of the second pad. Point is, why buy a system when a clearly better one is due out in months? If there's going to be a new 3DS with it BUILT-IN, obviously I'm not going to sit here with a soon-to-be-obsolete handheld. It should have had the second stick to begin with.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Honestly this add on makes no sense

no one complained about the lack of a second touch pad

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2011, 08:37:33 PM
Honestly this add on makes no sense

no one complained about the lack of a second touch pad
Yeah they did. I heard a lot of "Why couldn't they put two on?"

But face it: People aren't going to argue as much about something that DOESN'T exist. You have to remember that if people don't KNOW about it, they won't argue with it. Back when the popular system was the Gameboy, no one complained that it didn't have two screens. When the DS came out, no one complained that it wasn't 3D.

But now that it's here it's placed in everyone's mind, and they're all reminded of its potential and begin to want it. That's how it works.
[move][/move]

Tupin

From GoNintendo- Attachment sticks out 1cm on the left, 3 on the right, 2 at bottom, and is 3cm thick. Fits over the whole bottom of the 3DS.

This whole thing is turning out to be a huge mess. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like to hold the thing.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2011, 08:25:43 PM
EDIT:

Yeah. Nothing I'm finding indicates this poop is going to be "required".
It's obviously going to be required for some games, like every peripheral that isn't just a piece of plastic. Face it; Nintendo has jumped the shark and is going downhill at lightning speed. The only thing dropping faster than their fanbase is their stock price.

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on September 06, 2011, 08:40:46 PM
Yeah they did. I heard a lot of "Why couldn't they put two on?

I certainly didn't

Wow. That looks dumb. But at the same time doesn't affect me much. When some games I want come out and require it, then I'll ninny. Until then I see no real reason to.

Stop jumping the gun. Odds are it'll end up like the HDD add on the N64 had and people will forget about it.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2011, 09:24:38 PM
I certainly didn't

Wow. That looks dumb. But at the same time doesn't affect me much. When some games I want come out and require it, then I'll ninny. Until then I see no real reason to.

Stop jumping the gun. Odds are it'll end up like the HDD add on the N64 had and people will forget about it.
Except that this is totally different in that it affects controls...

Also, it apparently adds L2 and R2 shoulder buttons and triples the 3DS's thickness. No, I'm not kidding.

DededeCloneChris

God, you people, it's just an add-on. If you're going to complain about getting it, well, guess what? You're GOING to get it sooner if you're really complaining about getting it in the future if it's really required to some of your favorite games.

I mean, haven't we done the same old thing with controllers and the like? Are you really going to say you lost 10, 20 or so bucks over this? This is how gaming industries work. Live with it. Sacrifices must be done.

And on the good side, that added space fixes my issue with handling a 3DS. I'll probably reach that control pad with no problems.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 06, 2011, 09:54:12 PM
God, you people, it's just an add-on. If you're going to complain about getting it, well, guess what? You're GOING to get it sooner if you're really complaining about getting it in the future if it's really required to some of your favorite games.

I mean, haven't we done the same old thing with controllers and the like? Are you really going to say you lost 10, 20 or so bucks over this? This is how gaming industries work. Live with it. Sacrifices must be done.

And on the good side, that added space fixes my issue with handling a 3DS. I'll probably reach that control pad with no problems.
Too bad you need a intercourse ing breifcase to carry it around.