News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Zelda Manga on it's way to English

Started by Silly_Penguin, April 11, 2008, 07:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 20, 2008, 04:23:20 PM
Quote from: Silly_Penguin on April 20, 2008, 04:17:39 PM
I have also read news that Akira Himekawa is making a manga for Phantom Hourglass, although i'm surprised that a Twilight Princess manga was never made. Well, i'm hoping when that's done they will release it here along with the other's.
Yep, along with the Windwaker manga, even though that was made by Oyster.
Right. Though i'm not sure if there are any manga adoptions on Link's Awakening, besides the one by Ataru Cagiva titled "Dreaming Island".

Tupin

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on April 20, 2008, 05:00:03 PM
I have also read news that Akira Himekawa is making a manga for Phantom Hourglass, although i'm surprised that a Twilight Princess manga was never made. Well, i'm hoping when that's done they will release it here along with the other's.
Right. Though i'm not sure if there are any manga adoptions on Link's Awakening, besides the one by Ataru Cagiva titled "Dreaming Island".
Ah, who cares.

The best Zelda games are getting translated mangas, that's all that matters.

I hope the Windwaker one is translated......

There's an A Link to the Past manga also.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 20, 2008, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: Silly_Penguin on April 20, 2008, 05:00:03 PM
Ah, who cares.

The best Zelda games are getting translated mangas, that's all that matters.

I hope the Windwaker one is translated......

There's an A Link to the Past manga also.
I'm hoping that one gets translated. I've read the LTTP "Triforce of the Gods" one by Akira, but not the whole version by Atura. If they translate those, i'm hoping they will be translating the one by Akira first. Since personally i preferred the story and art of that one more (although from what i read of the other, it's not that bad)

Tupin

I just figured out that the Windwaker one is called Link's Logbook. :)

Silly_Penguin

New news as far as the Zelda manga goes!
Since i found the english volumes on amazon, i'm sure they will be released in a regular book store (vol.1 & vol.2).  Now just to state this again, Volume 1 (which is suspected to be the 1st OOT volume) is to be released October 7, 2008. Then the 2nd volume shall be released on December 2, 2008. So if your like me, set aside the $20 for these to manga's *did this for TP and PH*. Anyway, mark your calenders to await the English release. ^_^

Now the other news i have for you all is that the Phantom Hourglass manga by Akira Himekawa looks like it will be released in Japan this June (according to Zelda Legends. link below). I can not wait until there are scanlations of that (since if they release that here as well, it will probably take a while). One thing that bugs me though, is that Akira Himekawa never made a manga for Twilight Princess. That one seems (to me) as if it would be absolutely perfect for one. Oh well, hopefully they will do one eventually.

Zelda Legends Article
The Hylia Article
Akira Himekawa's site can be found here for the information on the Phantom Hourglass or any of the other Zelda manga titles that she worked on. If you wish to read that through google-translator or something along those lines.

-----------

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 20, 2008, 05:36:17 PM
I just figured out that the Windwaker one is called Link's Logbook. :)

Cool. I actually downloaded that so i could read it. It's ok in my opinion, a bit....random though. Meh, guess it's just not my type of manga. But cool find none the less since this will greatly help anyone else looking for that manga :).

Silly_Penguin

For those who have yet to get the June issue of Nintendo Power, on p.18 is is stating the release of the OOT manga. Although it states that both volumes would be released in October, that is most likely an error on their part since from what i can get from Amazon.com, Simon & Schuster, and Zelda Legends; so vol.2 is most likely going to be released in December (...unfortunatly >_>)

--
Also, should i just edit the first page to make this an official Zelda Manga Discussion thread? Or should i just create a new thread for that and let this one slowly die. (At the moment i'm thinking of the first option)

Tupin

I would do the first one and let this one die.