News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Zelda Goes Casual?

Started by Triforce_Luigi, July 21, 2008, 03:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforce_Luigi

JrDude

Owch, after being hit in the balls that hard, I think my kids won't be able to have kids after I have kids.
[move][/move]
Dude .

thunderhero4

SkyMyl

ThePowerOfOne

Fuck new gamers. Play something else. LEAVE ZELDA ALONE D:

Doodle

Well, that's just fantastic. >:(
They already made Super Mario Galaxy easy. Zelda is supposed to be hard!
YEAH

Tupin

Zelda isn't appealing to casual gamers anyway, so why change it?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 21, 2008, 04:32:46 PM
Zelda isn't appealing to casual gamers anyway, so why change it?
Because Nintendo is losing it.

Neerb

The first ever Donkey Kong is known as "the hardest game of all time" by the guys who set the world records for it.  The first Super Mario Bros. was harder than Sunshine or Galaxy.  The first Zelda was harder than Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker combined.  If the first gamers were drawn in by hard games, why are they downgrading the new games to try to get new gamers?  I never thought it would happed, but at this rate, with all their casual gimmicky crap, Nintendo might get beat worse than Sega did.  Casual gamers suck.

Silly_Penguin

When i read about that, i was really disappointed. I mean, isn't Zelda easy enough already? If anything, wouldn't making harder games (maybe more puzzle wise in difficulty) be better as far as their whole fanbase, then just making it easier? Since it's really the core gamers who would stick with a company, while the casual gamers, just play some games some of the time... (that's just my opinion anyway)

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gamingnintendo-news/iwata-and-the-wii/
I just hope that this article about what Iwata said is more accurate then the other interview :-\ Since i really don't want Zelda to get any easier than it already is.

QingXin

Nintendo obviously favors business over their fans... Seriously, Zelda isn't even appealing to the casual gamer, anyway.

Java

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on July 21, 2008, 07:13:48 PM
When i read about that, i was really disappointed. I mean, isn't Zelda easy enough already? If anything, wouldn't making harder games (maybe more puzzle wise in difficulty) be better as far as their whole fanbase, then just making it easier? Since it's really the core gamers who would stick with a company, while the casual gamers, just play some games some of the time... (that's just my opinion anyway)

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gamingnintendo-news/iwata-and-the-wii/
I just hope that this article about what Iwata said is more accurate then the other interview :-\ Since i really don't want Zelda to get any easier than it already is.
If you play a casual game for a long time.

What does that technically make you?

Cornwad

Oh boy! I always thought that lack of a challenge really made me want to try new experiences more!  ;D

Couldn't they just make it have an easy interface and make it start out easy? If it was a long enough game, they could just ramp up the difficulty later. Make the first three dungeons like tutorials, the last six actually challenging like the good old days :P

Friendly Hostile

This is actually pushing me to give up on Nintendo.  I've never been a devoted fan, but honestly, I need something worth playing from them.

Cecil_and_Kain

I will only give up Nintendo when they turn Metroid into garbage. Metroid is still good.