News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The 2's In Pairs

Started by Macawmoses, July 29, 2008, 08:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

It's fun, movies and games that are released side by side, often get announcements of sequels, side by side......even though development is often varying, and the actual release can be months apart.

The two I am referring to, are both sequels to Wii launches, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Red Steel.

Red Steel was just officially confirmed, and MUA:2 has been for a small time now, so, let's take a look at both.

Both of which....didn't receive the best reception. Reviews were often mixed, garnishing high 8's at best, and each title received as low as the 6 mark. That's quite a range of scores, and that is because some weight things differently, as well, both had their own targets.

Red Steel 2 has been known about for some time, a British Magazine reported on it, but hearing the confirmation from Ubi is great, especially hearing that they'll use Motion Plus to their advantage. Maybe the sword aspect will be a bit more fun, maybe not. Ubi pumped games out for the Wii in the early days, but for the most part, they were jokes.....which is one reason Red Steel didn't live up to its' potential. Another issue was the controller, sometimes they just couldn't nail it, so, Motion Plus could be a huge help, and with the Wii being at the top now, Ubi has to take it seriously. So, with that, I am excited to see a title that should be better than the last, but they may try a freebie sequel too. Red Steel had a lot of bad points, so, hopefully this sequel helps.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

MUA:2 is a bit different. The game was generally criticized, mainly for not offering customizable enough controls, as well as offering too much for pure Marvel fans, and not enough for the outsider. With a few successful Marvel movies out there, now, I think this won't be a problem at all.....Marvel is gaining fans left and right. The other issue was the fact that the Wii couldn't support graphics on par with the rest, and motion "gimmick" isn't enough to make a person get the Wii version over any other. With games like the Conduit in development, and released titles like Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, though, I fully imagine that this issue could be resolved. The other interesting tidbit is the fact it is called Fusion, apparently the ploy is to merge one characters attack with another, think of the big Metal guy throwing Wolverine like in the movies (and yes, I know his name is Colossus). I am not sure if this will help the gameplay, but it is a fresh look, so, we'll see. Finally, MUA was praised for having the largest cast of villains and heroes out of any hero game, so, you can bet that feature will return. MUA2 has been hinted at for some time (the end of the first title, actually), so, it is good news to hear it has come along.

Oh, and Green Goblin is playable, hehe.

So, thoughts? Did you like the games before? You excited?