News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Zelda is Getting Revamped

Started by Apollo, December 06, 2008, 06:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

yeah so apparently the creators are looking for a new way to revamp the zelda universe
there has been a lot of discussion about how they would do this
ive heard lots of good ideas and crazy ideas
some of these can only make me imagine
heres my idea
1. for the first time we see a a much older link, zelda, and ganondorf (adult age)
2. the 3 are known throughout hyrule as the triforce and link is a huge hero
3. ganondorf tries bringing together the triforce like in WW, but this time he traps link
4. in order to contain the last piece of the triforce ganondorf must build and army to invade hyrule
5. the whole game is played from a new character (perhaps links son but maaaaybe)
6. youll go on the usual styled quest of dungeons and using familiar items
7. of course new items and noooo master sword
8. when all mission are complete it somehow leads up to the final battle
9. for the first time our hero will engage in a full blown war and must defend hyrule and take down ganondorf

Neerb

I've wanted a full-scale war in a Zelda game for quite a while, preferably one with all of the major races.  I'd also like to have co-op, and a good combination of these two ideas could result in an awesome game with you and a friend fighting the war as members of different races.

Also, remember the ghostly aliens of Majora's Mask?  Well, I was thinking that maybe they could make a game where the aliens invade Hyrule, Link is captured and taken to their world, and then the game becomes partly futuristic as Link wields hi-tech alien armor and weapons and travels back and forth between Hyrule and the alien world.  Now that would be awesome.

JrDude

Here's an idea.
In the begining, Ganondorf thought about doing what he usually tried, but finally realized that he'd most likely be killed again by some form of Hero (Link), so before the Hero realizes he is the hero, Ganondorf visits the village and wipes it out, killed everyone, including Link. Now, there is nothing to stand in Ganondorf's way, so he takes over Hyrule as planed. But, Link may be dead, but his Triforce Spirit is still in existance, just has no body to use. So you get to walk around as a ghostly Link~ You must obtain pieces of something (you always do), something that will resurrect(SP?) your body, but you can't do that without a body, so you must use a body of someone else in the meantime. So you go to a village with Gorons and go through a long sidequest where you must find the most worthy to be a hero in the village. You somehow convince them to allow you to use their body then complete a dungeon as the Goron (and different races in later dungeons) (You will still use swords and stuff, but you also have that race's abilities). After you get every piece of the thing, you go back to the village to your death spot and revive yourself. So you then must go back to the villages where you used someone else's body to obtain something that belonged to an ancestor, you will then be able to transform into that race again (not in front of people though). If you do this with races you meet later, you will be able to transform into that race too (Majora's Mask feel anyone?). Then you collect more stuff, then you destroy Ganondorf (Who is suprised to see you alive). Of course you will have a guide with you the whole way, maybe a ghost, or a fairy.
[move][/move]
Dude .

ThePowerOfOne

I want a Zelda game that focuses on the Sheikah. I really want to know more about them. I've always loved the Well of Three Features and Shadow Temple, they are so mysterious and weird. What did the Sheikah use them for? Before you enter, it says: "Shadow Temple... Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred..."

I want to know more about Hyrule's bloody history and the Sheikah's role in it D:  Play as a Shiekah, before Ganondorf or anything. That would be so awesome.

Triforceman22

Having a full out war would be awesome.
Maybe have Link and his army charge on horseback while the monsters/Gerudos fightback
(Ala Pellenor fields)
((The big battle in Return of the king))

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Mutilator7

Quote from: Triforceman22 on December 10, 2008, 07:31:38 PM
Having a full out war would be awesome.
Maybe have Link and his army charge on horseback while the monsters/Gerudos fightback
(Ala Pellenor fields)
((The big battle in Return of the king))

Yeah the monsters could ride on those big hogs/boars like in TP.

Allegretto

No, dont revamp it. Keep it the way its been. Dont turn the Zelda series into another Sonic saga.

If you want to revamp Link then stop trying to revamp it.

Zero

Quote from: Allegretto on December 19, 2008, 10:33:11 PM
No, dont revamp it. Keep it the way its been. Dont turn the Zelda series into another Sonic saga.

The most innovative thing they've done with the Zelda series in recent years is the sailing in Wind Waker not including the wii-mote controls of TP and the Touch-screen features of PH.

There's also the Z-targeting introduced in OoT and the complete rehash of Zelda I to Zelda II, but the latter I think applies to what you might be afraid of.

Other than those things, Zelda has been the same ever since the first game for the most part.

And you need to remember, Nintendo isn't SonicTeam.

Jono2

Zelda doesn't need revamping.  It just needs to up the difficulty level of everything.  The games are far too simple, and when they're stretched out, they become incredibly boring (triforce pieces in WW).

But nintendo won't do that.  They've abandoned their old fanbase, and given their souls to the casual market.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on December 20, 2008, 06:49:02 PM
Quote from: Allegretto on December 19, 2008, 10:33:11 PM

The most innovative thing they've done with the Zelda series in recent years is the sailing in Wind Waker not including the wii-mote controls of TP and the Touch-screen features of PH.

There's also the Z-targeting introduced in OoT and the complete rehash of Zelda I to Zelda II, but the latter I think applies to what you might be afraid of.

Other than those things, Zelda has been the same ever since the first game for the most part.

And you need to remember, Nintendo isn't SonicTeam.
Yes, Nintendo isn't Sonic team. They're afraid to take risks with their established franchises. As much as I give SEGA crap for doing something different every game, Nintendo doesn't do enough.
Z-targeting was good, and it was the first 3D game. The sailing was the only risk they ever took since then **gameplay wise** and it was crap.
Every 3D Zelda game **Minus MM, best 3D game IMO** follows this formula:
Meet Link
Collect three arbitrary thingamajigs for an equally arbitrary reason
Plot point + Meet Ganondorf + Get Master Sword
Go to four to six more dungeons to get more watchamacallits cuz the game says so
Go up Ganon's castle
Fight Ganon/Ganondorf
Save Princess
End

Tupin

Zelda needs a revamp, for sure. The thing is, it needs a Resident Evil 4 style revamp, not a Sonic 2006 one.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

I actually didn't mind the sailing in WW. Gave you a sense of adventure.

Gwen Khan

the problem is if they do something different people will complain that it ruins the game, but if they don't change people will complain that it is getting old and stale

Nayrman

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on December 24, 2008, 10:41:08 AM
the problem is if they do something different people will complain that it ruins the game, but if they don't change people will complain that it is getting old and stale
It's already old and stale. That was the biggest complaint of TP...that it was too similar to OoT and WW in terms of deseign and story. Next biggest complaint: Too darn easy X_X;;

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on December 24, 2008, 11:34:23 AM
Quote from: Commissar Torgo on December 24, 2008, 10:41:08 AM
It's already old and stale. That was the biggest complaint of TP...that it was too similar to OoT and WW in terms of deseign and story. Next biggest complaint: Too dang easy X_X;;

I'd wager that the difficulty was the main issue. The game is unbearably easy. I like games that stick to their respective formulas, so the former wasn't much of a problem with me.

Though I bet you were just referring to a consensus. I don't keep track of these things, so I wouldn't know how everyone else in the community felt about it .