News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Wiiviews

Started by Macawmoses, April 07, 2009, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Not surprising...the Wii has only 12 titles with a score of 85% or more (from Edge). I'm not sure that trend would be exactly consistent across all publications, but we need to realize how much crap is being churned out.

The good news, though, is that 42% of games fall under the "good category" (60-85%), meaning those that are fans of the series/genre could very well get into it.

But should this trend worry Nintendo, or even game analysts? Or should profit be their first concern?

Nayrman

Nintendo SHOULD worry...remember that article I wrote that still isn't up on the front page like you said X_X;;

Macawmoses

The amazing wonders of a cut hand and partial lack of internet past two days, coupled with an episode of House. :|

And I don't just mean Nintendo. Third Parties is more or less the point - this comes from 8C's last podcast, in a sense.

Nayrman

Quote from: Lord Layton on April 07, 2009, 04:01:12 PM
The amazing wonders of a cut hand and partial lack of internet past two days, coupled with an episode of House. :|

And I don't just mean Nintendo. Third Parties is more or less the point - this comes from 8C's last podcast, in a sense.
Of course the third parties have to worry. Everyone besides the big three (EA, Capcom, and SEGA) have had piss poor sales on the Wii, especially the casual stuff that isn't Nintendo

Macawmoses

I wouldn't say piss poor. Keep in mind they don't need huge sales to make a profit. So if they keep churning crap out, they still make cash. I'm trying to open this into more a discussion in that sense.

Silverhawk79

I blame CASUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS.

Macawmoses

Why not blame the hardcore market for not supporting the "good" games early on?

Doodle

As long as Nintendo is making a profit, they have no reason to care.
They will start to care when they start to lose profit.
YEAH

Mario583