News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics...

Started by Triforce_Luigi, April 11, 2009, 05:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on April 18, 2009, 02:52:13 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on April 18, 2009, 02:50:49 PM
Quote from: Macbeth on April 18, 2009, 01:54:34 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on April 16, 2009, 04:01:17 PM
Quote from: Layton on April 16, 2009, 02:47:02 PM
Quote from: JNFS2014 on April 14, 2009, 06:49:30 PM
I can just see Mario killing Chaos drones and Sonic beating the crap out of Goombas.

Anyways, I got the first one. Meh.
I think the first will be way worse than this...or at least I hope. By now they should know what works, and what doesn't. Sega doesn't tend to churn out crap....well, they do, but maybe Nintendo cares about mario.
If they cared about Mario maybe they would make the sports franchises their own series instead of shoving Mario in them to make them more marketable.
This game is going to be worse, only because the balance board is involved, and let's be honest, it's probably going to be crap. If the guys who actually make skateboard and snowboard games for a living couldn't do it well, I doubt Nintendo and SEGA will X_X;;

And I'm STILL waiting for my platformer.
So you want Mii Kart and Random Character Baseball? That sounds fun!
Mario Kart can stay since it was the original spin-off, and is consistently good.
I'd rather have a new sports franchise instead of Nintendo being lazy by putting Mario in anything and everything (remember the end of the Cube's lifecycle? Mario in NBA street that was pathetic)
Or how about SSX: On Tour?
Equally as dumb. Nintendo really had no shame in that last year and a half of the Cube. It's amazing how they went from that to their greedy incredibally gloating selves...

Macawmoses

Those two games had Mario as fan service, nothing more. It was just because they couldn't get rights to exclusives other consoles had...think Link in Soul Calibur.

Nayrman

Quote from: Macbeth on April 18, 2009, 02:59:12 PM
Those two games had Mario as fan service, nothing more. It was just because they couldn't get rights to exclusives other consoles had...think Link in Soul Calibur.
More like it was a desperate attempt to try to make those versions more "marketable" because Nintendo knew the Cube version had no shot of selling well.
Also, at least Link in Soul Calibur made sense, in that he actually fits the world it's in. Mario in those games was just pure marketing because Nintendo was desperate for any third party sales.