Harvest Moon: Pepper Town

Started by Savage Syn, October 09, 2007, 11:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeofmars

Clink.

Clink.

Clink.

The rock finnaly broke.

Boog stood in the mines,sweaty.He had found a lot of god ores and called it a day.He went to go sleep in his hammock when he heard an announcement coming from the town square.He really wanted to go,but didn't want to see how people reacted to him.

FearItself

Deciding that it may be a fun experience to head into town, regardless of how much she hated settled civilization for destroying her beloved forest, Shaelyn stood up, brushing off her knees which were exposed by the black jean shorts that didn't extend far enough to cover them. She gave a deep sigh, keeping her composure as she began to walk towards the city, and then making her way into the center of the city where the fountain stood. There, Shaelyn saw a familiar face.

"Link... Great. What is he up to?" Shaelyn thought out loud.

MD_Slider

Miles, wandering along the shore taking pictures of various sea creatures in the tide pools, hears the announcement. 

"Ugh, horrible lighting."

He runs home to get the best equipment for his camera.  After clicking and twisting a few parts to his camera, he dashes out to the Fountain.  He grabs a cup of punch while he surveys the scene.

He mutters, "I wonder what other wackos live here beside me" as he leans against a table.  He spots a young woman and hears her remark. 

"Oooh, this could get interested," as he begins to focus his lens.

Joeofmars

"You really should go."

Boog looked up.His boss saw his face and knew what he wanted to do.

Boog walked out of the mine and headed for the town square.his mind raced at thoughts of people being afraid of him.He hid behind trees so no one would see him.

FearItself

Shaelyn gave another deep sigh, one that had more of an "ugh" feel to it. She walked over to where the young man with the camera was standing, not even realizing that maybe she was the target of his lengs before. Another, shorter sigh passed her lips as she leaned against the punch table, though being sure not to lean too hard, she was no klutz.

"I see you're into photography." Shaelyn remarked, seeing the man with the many impliments for his camera. She never understood the technical aspects of photography, but she always wanted to be able to take pictures of the animals she sees professionally. Perhaps this man could be a resource for that later on.

MD_Slider

"Oh yes, definitely.  Ever since I was 14 I have loved photography.  I'm just freelance though so I just kinda wander around and shoot whatever I find interest.  OH! And by shoot I mean with my camera, of course.  You'd be surprised to find out how many people think I'm a serial killer, haha.  Well, this is quite the dud.  How long have you lived here?  I moved in about two days ago."

Joeofmars

Boog finnaly made it to the town square.He was hiding behind a tree and looked around.He triped on a rock and fell down with a hard thump.He wondered if anyone else noticed him as he got up.

MD_Slider

Being distracted by the loud thump, Miles quickly turns to see Boog.  He whispers sarcastically, "Don't worry, no one noticed."

Joeofmars

Quote from: MD_Slider on October 17, 2007, 02:22:36 PM
Being distracted by the loud thump, Miles quickly turns to see Boog.  He whispers sarcastically, "Don't worry, no one noticed."

Boog looked up.He was surprised that he didn't freak out.He didn't go back behind the tree and walked more out in the open,cautiously still.

FearItself

"Just moved in, huh? Then it's no wonder why I didn't recognize you." Shaelyn remarked, taking a cup of punch and taking a very slight sip. She was never one to eat or drink in public, it was just uncomfortable. When she did eat, she took small bites or sips to try to be lady-like, but a lot of people knew her as "one of the guys", always hanging out with men, so they assume she has crude eating habits, but that's completely the opposite. Just because she hangs out around mostly men doesn't mean they mold her into one of them. She is very lady-like, and the slight sip of punch she took was an example.

"The people who think you're a serial killer are ignorant. Obviously, if you have a camera with you, you're a pedophile." she remarked, laughing slightly at the joke she made and putting the punch down on the table. "I'm kidding, of course."

She sighed one last time, though very slightly, looking up to the sky for a moment, but then her eyes redirected themselves to the young man. "I'm an environmentalist, by the way. I research, observe, and keep track of animals in the area, and I can do veteranary work for people with sick farm animals as well. It's not much of a job, more like a walk in the park, literally, and that's why I like it."

MD_Slider

Miles grabs his cup of punch and loudly slurps it up  and tilts his head back to ensure to get every last drop, not caring if others see him.  He then replies to Shaelyn, "Haha, funny.  Environmentalist?  Cool, I'm a vegetarian.  However, I don't do it for the animals.  Less eating of meat equals less big factories which equals less pollution which equals better environment and we actually get to live.  I've actually found animals a bit annoying, kind of like children.  Require too much attention, very selfish little creatures. 

He then yells over to Boog after studying his appearance and looking a little confused, "Uhhh, you gonna get a drink?  You can just stand there if that floats your boat but I think it'd be more fun if you came over here."

Joeofmars

Boog grabed some punch and walked back over to Miles and took awkward sips.

FearItself

Shaelyn didn't turn her attention away from the man, even though he was apparently talking to someone else, therefore oblivious to who, or what, rather, the man was talking to. This man seemed to have her sense of humor to a certain extent. Sarcastic, not too expressive, and even better, he liked preserving the environment. The two of them would get along quite nicely.

"I know, sometimes animals can be a hassle. That's why I don't live on a farm." Shaelyn remarked, taking another slight sip of her punch and again putting it back down on the table once she was done. "I'm actually not a vegetarian, technically, but I consider myself one. I just don't like meat because it tastes so dry, especially chicken, it's gross. But I like eggs and milk and all that stuff that comes from animals without them being killed in the process, of course."

MD_Slider

"Erm, hi.  I'm Miles.  Just moved in.  You?  People here are way to quiet, they need someone to stir things up...," Miles says to Boog as he smiles a small smile.

"I know, it's nasty.  Oh yeah, I usually have to mention that I still eat seafood and dairy.  Most people equate vegetarian with vegan.  Big difference.  So is this place always so quiet?"

FearItself

"It's only this quiet when Link calls meetings to the Town Square. Usually, the meetings are called after old residents move elsewhere and new residents move in, so no one really knows each other, and therefore no real talking happens." Shaelyn explained, taking a final sip of her punch and then placing the empty cup in the nearby trash bin. She crossed her arms, looking up to the man, remembering he had said his name, and choosing to do the same. "Miles, huh? that's a nice name. I'm Shaelyn." she added, feeling obliged to give her name.