News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

That new game -- it will be canon

Started by Lotos, February 08, 2010, 09:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

[spoiler=silhouette of a new Pokemon and timeline(more of a circle) of Pokemon games][/spoiler]
Found on Kotaku.  A new RPG already?  Mark your calenders for February 15, as we'll be getting more scans from March CoroCoro issue released on that date.

Gwen Khan

Nayrman

why does that look like a Lucario evolution to me?

I guess since they're making a new gen (sort of) that the DS2 won't be coming anytime soon?

Cornwad

Quote from: Nayrman on February 08, 2010, 01:15:02 PM

I guess since they're making a new gen (sort of) that the DS2 won't be coming anytime soon?
Or maybe it's coming so soon that the new Pokemon games will be a launch title.

Lotos

Quote from: Nayrman on February 08, 2010, 01:15:02 PM

Or with our luck, it will be a DSi exclusive.  And I know what they're doing with the camera.  Remember Chatot's attack with the mic?  They'll probably do something with the camera and a new Pokemon.

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on February 08, 2010, 01:19:17 PM
Or maybe it's coming so soon that the new Pokemon games will be a launch title.
then we would've heard about the system by now... I know Nintendo loves the Pokemon franchise, but they've never launched a handheld with a pokemon game, usually some kind of Mario thing. But whatever, I guess we'll see the 15th.

Quote from: Lotos on February 08, 2010, 01:27:43 PM
Or with our luck, it will be a DSi exclusive.  And I know what they're doing with the camera.  Remember Chatot's attack with the mic?  They'll probably do something with the camera and a new Pokemon.
Well then I guess I'm not getting it then, screw the DSi and it's incredibly minimal "advancements"

Rayquarian

Silhouette
(Silhouette)
Silhouette
(Silhouette)
Silhouette
(Silhouette)
Oh,
Oh

Rayquarian

What do you mean "already?"  The gap between Platinum and mysterious 5th gen game is the same as the gap between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl.

Lotos

Quote from: Dontimpersonateadminskthx on February 08, 2010, 02:52:10 PM
What do you mean "already?"  The gap between Platinum and mysterious 5th gen game is the same as the gap between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl.

If you meant Ruby/Sapphire instead of Emerald, you'd be more correct.  Eh, I guess I just didn't notice that they let that big of a gap between D/P and Platinum, and also that they released FR/LG after R/S instead of Emerald first before FR/LG.  I guess I was hoping for a pattern like that and thought we'd be a few years away until we got a new Pokemon game.  Or maybe I don't like how I'm getting old and I clearly remember staying home in 9th grade to play Diamond and I'm in my second semester of 12th grade now.

Zero

Quote from: Lotos on February 08, 2010, 04:54:27 PM
Or maybe I don't like how I'm getting old and I clearly remember staying home in 9th grade to play Diamond and I'm in my second semester of 12th grade now.

Ditto

No pun intended

Thirdkoopa

Canon? As in spin-off? As in not like the main series?

If so holy intercourse yes.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Mystic

Canon = part of official products/storylines/etc.

Why would it not be canon? The only game I can think of that qouldn't be canon is the TCG for GB.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Mystic on February 08, 2010, 11:11:58 PM
Canon = part of official products/storylines/etc.

Why would it not be canon? The only game I can think of that qouldn't be canon is the TCG for GB.
Anything outside of the Pokemon: Insert Color Version here is technically a spinoff and not "canon" to the series continuum.  So Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Ranger, hell even the Stadium games wouldn't be considered canon if we really think about it.

bluaki

Quote from: Third K on February 08, 2010, 10:15:47 PM
Canon? As in spin-off? As in not like the main series?

If so holy intercourse yes.
You've got the definition backwards

Kayo

Hm, I figured as much. We'll probably get it in 2011, 4 years after the release of the 4th gen.

It follows the pattern... they've all been 4 years apart. (All US release dates that i'm talking about)

As for the pokemon, I'm hoping it's a Mightyena evo. But it could just be a completely new pokemon. Like Lucario was
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]