News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Lost in translation & goof-ups thread

Started by Lotos, April 06, 2010, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

You know, things you dislike that they've changed in HG/SS.  Not a complaint thread.  Let's just point stuff out.

I don't like how the bikers are kind.  I remember the old ones trying to get you to hand over your bike (or was this R/B/Y/FR/LG?).  Also, the slots obviously.  Fucking parents.  I don't see a problem with false slots.  The Voltorb game is fun, but I was hoping for slots in Celadon :(  Speaking of Celadon, they changed how the old man was gawking at the women in the gym (or was this only in R/B/Y/FR/LG too?).  I guess they don't want to promote pedophilia.

Goof-ups I've seen:  Red and Green's carpets match their names.  In the North American release, they changed his name, but the carpet is still green.  Also, one of the exhibits in the Pewter Museum has the same caption as the bookshelves near the fossil reviver.

jnfs2014

How in the Burned Tower, you can plainly see the three dogs when you're on the first floor. Oh, and you don't fall through, you go down a ladder. :|

Lotos

Quote from: Jason Rose on April 06, 2010, 08:47:39 PM
How in the Burned Tower, you can plainly see the three dogs when you're on the first floor. Oh, and you don't fall through, you go down a ladder. :|

That reminds me.  I dislike how they renamed the Tin Tower as the Bell Tower.  But the way Bulbapedia explained it, it makes sense.

Missingno6

The GB Sounds wasn't exactly the same to original soundtrack. That disapointed me.
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

DededeCloneChris

Morty says "competely" when you ask him for a rematch.

Quote from: Missingno6 on April 06, 2010, 08:55:56 PM
The GB Sounds wasn't exactly the same to original soundtrack. That disapointed me.
It does to me.

Missingno6

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 06, 2010, 08:57:02 PM
Morty says "competely" when you ask him for a rematch.
It does to me.
A lot were pretty close though. Some did seem the same though
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

jnfs2014

Oh, and they removed:

"Oops, dropped my balls."

DededeCloneChris

Friendly Hostile

Surge's gym sign says "An Electric American" and I cringed so badly when I read that.

Someguy13

When your rival runs off after your first fight he doesn't say "my name is ??? blah blah blah" anymore but he says "hey you picked you my trainer card...oh no you saw my name!"

This is probably because a bunch of people actually named their rival "???" in the originals.

えっちーせんぱい

But ??? is fun to name someone.

Some of the odder things I've seen are the sayings some trainers use at start and end of match, there's someone near the house you get the Super Rod in that doesn't even say anything understandable.

Lotos

Quote from: Jason Rose on April 06, 2010, 09:08:33 PM
Oh, and they removed:

"Oops, dropped my balls."

I remember finding that while playing on an emulator.  I lol'd.

Quote from: Someguy13 on April 07, 2010, 01:00:40 AM
This is probably because a bunch of people actually named their rival "???" in the originals.

I did that.  :x

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 06, 2010, 10:04:43 PM
Surge's gym sign says "An Electric American" and I cringed so badly when I read that.

He's no longer a Lieutenant?

Spud

I tried to name my rival Passerby Boy but it wouldn't fit. ;-;

DededeCloneChris

Should the fact that Brock says "Ah hah hah! It itches! It itches!" when you corner him with his last Pokemon in a rematch be worth mentioning? I find this really creepy.

Lotos

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 10, 2010, 09:57:40 PM
Should the fact that Brock says "Ah hah hah! It itches! It itches!" when you corner him with his last Pokemon in a rematch be worth mentioning? I find this really creepy.

Maybe he gets itchy when he panics?