News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I have a Theory...

Started by Shujinco2, October 02, 2007, 02:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

Ok, they said that on this stage, snake will get info on his enemies, right?

I don't really think that's possible in just a regular vs. match.

I think that Shadow Moses stage is part of the Subspace Emmisary storyline! And, since Snake is third party (Which was sopposedly said to be unlockable), it would make sense to fight him there, sometime within the Subspace Emmisary storyline, as it would be the PERFECT means for unlocking him!

What do you think?

Kitchensink 3

That's an interesting theory

IAMTHEGAMER

you lost me after the second sentence  :-[
Many fans clamored for Wario to join the fray, and so now he finally makes his appearance...

Cornwad

Well according to the stage it is possible in vs matches :D

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on October 02, 2007, 05:07:28 PM
Unless you can't play it in vs. matches! Much like the Metal mario stage and Final Destination stage in 64!

Triforce_Luigi

Then what would be the point of updating it?

Shujinco2

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on October 02, 2007, 07:51:03 PM
Then what would be the point of updating it?
That's a good point.

*thinks*

Can't think of a comeback!

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Shujinco on October 02, 2007, 05:12:17 PM
Unless you can't play it in vs. matches! Much like the Metal mario stage and Final Destination stage in 64!
There's a difference, on those stages it was in single player, if it was in single player, why in the hell are there 4 players on screen? so far subspace matches appear to be 1 on 1. not to mention both of those stages belonged to non playable characters.

X-3

That would be retarded. Not to mention Sakurai wouldn't even update on it if that was so.

My thoughts: those are activated once a battle by Snake taunting or something.

Shujinco2

Quote from: X-3 on October 03, 2007, 03:03:45 PM

That would be retarded. Not to mention Sakurai wouldn't even update on it if that was so.

My thoughts: those are activated once a battle by Snake taunting or something.
I doubt it. They wouldn't interupt a game just to do a sequance for Snake's taunt.

I bet that this stage is in BOTH vs. mode AND the subspace emmisary, but ONLY in the subspace emmisary will that sequence initiate!

Xanatos

I think it's preposterous to think that those will be incorporated into Versus Matches.  If you had to watch those everytime before a battle, few people would choose Snake.  And it would make no sense at all for those to interrupt the battle.

There are two likely explanations, in my opinion: 

- One is, like you said, that the dialogue is only part of the Subspace Emmisary similar to the Starfox Team communicating to Fox in Adventure Mode before each fight. 

- The other is one of my own theories, that these dialogues will only appear in a small box in the corner of the screen at the beginning of a battle.  From the Official Site, we do not know if these videos will take up the full screen or if they will be much smaller so they can play during a battle.

It's hard to tell what it will be like, but I'm leaning toward your theory that it will only happen in the Subspace Emmisary.  That seems to be the most logical possibility so far.

PeachFan

I came up with a theory, maybe it happens when Snake uses his taunt on the Shadow Moses stage, though, on further thought I don't know if I like this idea, even if they limit the videos to a single play. (In other words, if you taunt a second time it doesn't start them again.)