News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Mario Kart 7

Started by Doodle, October 22, 2011, 10:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on November 03, 2011, 08:53:59 AM
I just wish they'd stop milking the SNES courses that look like poop and are boring minute-long races when put in the newer games.
Yeah, this. They're all flat and pretty much featureless, as with the GBA ones, but the good news is they're running out of usable tracks. They can't use any with the jumping-over-the-track feature because of the way the jumps worked and... at least that's what I thought until I saw Mario Circuit 2 (SNES) was in there. That has a track jump, and I want to see how they do that. I remember it was kind of awkward with the flatness of the track. I'm assuming they'll put a full dash panel ramp in instead of those weird flat jump-panel things we used to have.

Confirmed retro courses:
[spoiler]Luigi's Raceway (N64) -ehh, okay.
Bowser's Castle 1 (GBA): Oh god why? This was one of the smallest courses in the game; you can do all 3 laps in under 45 seconds. And it's boring. Just flat land with a few lava jumps. I hope they add to it some.
Mushroom Gorge (Wii): I liked this one. Then again I liked most of the Wii's tracks. But I'm okay with this one completely.
Luigi's Mansion (DS): Oh man walking trees.

Koopa Troopa Beach (N64): are they keeping that obvious-but-slightly-tricky-to-do behind the waterfall shortcut?
Mario Circuit 2 (SNES): I commented on this earlier. Ugh.
Coconut Mall (Wii): I'm okay with this.
Waluigi Pinball (DS): I'm also okay with this.

[/spoiler]
Also Chris, they were out of era order in the Wii too, since there were more than 4 old games to choose from (Once each cup couldn't have one from every game, there's no reason to do that) so I'm completely unsurprised.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Kayo

Quote from: Nightmare Zero on November 03, 2011, 12:41:34 PM
I love MC2
Especially when you can do the shortcut. Which I'm sure will be taken out.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayghost on November 03, 2011, 03:34:58 PM
Especially when you can do the shortcut. Which I'm sure will be taken out.

gay

Kayo

Quote from: Nightmare Zero on November 03, 2011, 08:52:27 PM
gay
Well it WAS a glitch, so there's no way it'll still be there.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayghost on November 04, 2011, 03:35:13 AM
Well it WAS a glitch, so there's no way it'll still be there.

:[

Neerb

I've been trying to unlock everything on Mario Kart Wii, so now I'm really psyched for 7, so I guess I should go ahead and give my opinion on what's happening. Also, warning: if there's a SINGLE THING in the game you don't want spoiled, don't read on.

[spoiler]According to the official site, the characters so far are:
[spoiler]Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Daisy
Wario
Rosalina
Shy Guy
Metal Mario
Lakitu
Honey Queen
Wiggler[/spoiler]

Out of the four new characters, I'm actually fairly balanced. I don't like that Honey Queen is in when Rosalina is already the perfect and only needed Galaxy rep, I'm totally indifferent to Metal Mario and Wiggler, and I actually really like that Lakitu made it in.

As for the other characters, I'm really glad Shy Guy's coming back from the DS game, but I'll be severely ticked off if this is the final list. Many of the characters that have not been confirmed to come back, like Waluigi, Toadette, and my THREE FAVORITE CHARACTERS, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., and King Boo, have grown on me as staples of the series, and I would be very disappointed if they didn't come back just because someone wanted another Galaxy rep. Furthermore, if any more newcomers appear, I hope they're characters I'd actually want such as Professor E. Gadd, Toadsworth, or even Fawful, instead of another generic enemy like "Goomba" (although, if a Penguin makes it as playable, I'm gonna be all over that).

As for the tracks, apparently IGN has listed ALL of them, and unlike the character list, I REALLY like this line-up. Dino Dino Jungle and Daisy Cruiser's returns alone are making me really excited, and I'm also glad Luigi's Mansion is back (although I would have preferred a new level based on the game, as I never liked the fact that most of the track isn't actually IN the mansion). As for the new courses, holy crap are they awesome. The Wuhu Island gets two tracks, the musical level looks cool, there's one course that looks like it's straight out of F-Zero, and, in my opinion, the Special Cup has NEVER looked so good; heck, I'd say NO Cup has ever looked so good.[/spoiler]

Neerb

Well, IGN reviewed it and gave it a 9/10.

The good news: it has the best online from any Nintendo game ever (doesn't sound impressive at first, until you remember that the last two Mario Karts weren't that bad online) and the optional motion-controlled first-person mode works great.

The bad news: balloon battle now works on points instead of stock, which is stupid, and the currently revealed roster is the ENTIRE roster, meaning that Waluigi, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., King Boo, Toadette, and several other recurring characters are not in the game (because Nintendo apparently thought Wiggler, Metal Mario, and a bee were better choices).

JrDude

Quote from: Penguin Pie on November 29, 2011, 08:42:58 AM
Well, IGN reviewed it and gave it a 9/10.

The good news: it has the best online from any Nintendo game ever (doesn't sound impressive at first, until you remember that the last two Mario Karts weren't that bad online) and the optional motion-controlled first-person mode works great.

The bad news: balloon battle now works on points instead of stock, which is stupid, and the currently revealed roster is the ENTIRE roster, meaning that Waluigi, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., King Boo, Toadette, and several other recurring characters are not in the game (because Nintendo apparently thought Wiggler, Metal Mario, and a bee were better choices).
What. Either you're stupid, or Nintendo is.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on November 29, 2011, 10:26:23 AM
What. Either you're stupid, or Nintendo is.

What? Why am I stupid?

DededeCloneChris

There's a super deal for Mario Kart 7 in Wal-Mart. How much is the deal? A dollar and three cents cheaper!

Nayrman

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on November 30, 2011, 04:23:46 PM
There's a super deal for Mario Kart 7 in Wal-Mart. How much is the deal? A dollar and three cents cheaper!

ZOMG, I could buy a whole candy bar for that! Maybe even three or four gumballs! <_<;;

Doodle

>no Toadette
This disappointed me. Now I can't abuse off-road anymore :(
YEAH

Super

I think the character selection is fine. The new battle mode kind of makes me sad, but it'll probably be fun anyway, just not Mario Kart 64 fun.

Mutilator7

I stat it up, and automatically go with a Kart that has high acceleration and handling to snake better and what not.
No snaking, oh well.

It seems the only real way to gain an advantage in a race is to know shortcuts, boost of of all the jumps, and get 10 coins as quick as possible. Which isn't that bad.

A lot of people complained about the character selection and how they didn't change much from previous Mario Kart games, but the underwater and gliding are very fun and interesting game mechanics. And i have Rosalina, so i don't care if Dry Bones was replaced by Koopa.

Playing online is fun, the community ting is cool, but i haven't really tried it out. The fact that you only need one friend code for every game is a step forward from the DS' system. I think you can play races with no items, which will be very fun. Overall a nice game, but they removed some things that shouldn't have been removed. I never played MK Wii, jumping directly from DS to 3DS, so i'm not sure how Mario Kart Wii played.