News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Triple Typing

Started by GreatGonzales106, May 28, 2009, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatGonzales106

Okay people disregard the intercourse ing competitive battling part! I know it would make things complicated, you guys are just +1ing at this point.

What I mean is, are there any Pokémon who should have another type to fit them, behavior and appearance-wise?

Juliette

Quote from: GreatGonzales106 on May 30, 2009, 08:57:24 PM
Okay people disregard the f***ing competitive battling part! I know it would make things complicated, you guys are just +1ing at this point.

What I mean is, are there any Pokémon who should have another type to fit them, behavior and appearance-wise?
Actually I didn't read any of the replies prior.

The thing is I consider pokemon to be only competitive at this point; I don't get any enjoyment from playing through the story any more, so my pokemon-related thoughts are analyzed with competitive use in mind.
Thus; no, I don't believe any pokemon should have triple types.

JrDude

Type replacements only, triple types should never ever happen, I don't care if it's a metal fish with wings, there should be no triple types. Nor will there ever be a triple type.
[move][/move]
Dude .

chaosgear

well, if pokemon wasnt competitive, it might be different. but pokemon not being competitive is like football not being physical. or chuck norris not being awesome. it doesnt work! pokemon is almost ENTIRELY competition. the first games had no other options.

Lotos

I say we make a space type for a few certain Pokémon like Clafairy and Jirachi :B

JrDude

Quote from: Lotos on May 31, 2009, 06:06:28 PM
I say we make a space type for a few certain Pokémon like Clafairy and Jirachi :B
It would qualify for many others too, but it's a dumb idea that will never happen. What's up with all of you and your retarded ideas? I often hear people say "They should make a rainbow type! and Normal is super effective against it OLOL!" and "The DS should have 3D battles because they can! Then when it happens, we can all complain about how much it sucks ;D"
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on May 28, 2009, 10:17:52 PM
Whoever actually wants triple types should just go die. Triple types would be retarded, and mostly agree with Chaos. Nobody, no one, NONE think Heracross should be a steel type (except you obviously), and Charizard looks like a Dragon is a dragon, but is still a Flying type, which is fine. Gyarados is a different matter though, it's a f***ing flying type with no wings, and no ability to fly whatsoever, what the f*** is up with that?

I distinctly remember Gyrados having the ability to fly in the manga and even in the anime. He's based off the chinese dragon.

Yeah Heracross looks nothing like a steel type.

JrDude

Exactly, the Chinese dragon, therefore should be Dragon, not fly.
[move][/move]
Dude .

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on June 02, 2009, 03:29:49 PM
Exactly, the Chinese dragon, therefore should be Dragon, not fly.
The Chinese dragon flies, is what he's trying to say.

JrDude

Quote from: GreatGonzales106 on June 02, 2009, 07:49:58 PM
The Chinese dragon flies, is what he's trying to say.
With that logic Flygon and his prevo should be a Fly/Ground instead, yes?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on June 02, 2009, 10:47:45 PM
With that logic Flygon and his prevo should be a Fly/Ground instead, yes?

Neither of them even look like dragons. The entire Flygon line look like insects. If Gyrados should be a dragon type, then Vibrava and the like should be Bug. Trapinch is based off of an ant-lion, which has virtually no relation to dragons whatsoever. Which brings me to my next point:

The only explanation there is to this really is that Pokemon is of japanese origin, and things are going to be all over the place. Best not to think about it too hard.

chaosgear

Quote from: Lotos on May 31, 2009, 06:06:28 PM
I say we make a space type for a few certain Pok?mon like Clafairy and Jirachi :B
yah i once made up an alien type. it would be weak to water. lol

Pascal

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on May 31, 2009, 10:21:32 PM
It would qualify for many others too, but it's a dumb idea that will never happen. What's up with all of you and your retarded ideas? I often hear people say "They should make a rainbow type! and Normal is super effective against it OLOL!" and "The DS should have 3D battles because they can! Then when it happens, we can all complain about how much it sucks ;D"
Try not flaming everyone in the thread for having an idea. I think if they ever make another type, it might be Light (though I doubt they will.) Gogogo, flame me now :/

JrDude

Quote from: Pascal on July 09, 2009, 07:23:01 PM
Try not flaming everyone in the thread for having an idea. I think if they ever make another type, it might be Light (though I doubt they will.) Gogogo, flame me now :/
I don't flame everyone who has an idea, I just point out the dumb ideas.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Pascal

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 09, 2009, 07:26:30 PM
I don't flame everyone who has an idea, I just point out the dumb ideas.
Really? I think not, pointing them out is not posting a paragraph on why you find them stupid, and calling the idea retarded multiple times. The opinions aren't even stupid at all :/

Also to everyone else, they probably made Gyarados Water/Flying instead of Dragon so it wouldn't be broken as hell.
Kingdra has lesser stats and a smaller movepool, and still fairs extremely well in OU.