Main Menu

Pokemon HoF

Started by KingBoo, July 25, 2009, 12:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingBoo

I'll just put this here:
http://www.pkmnhof.com/

Rundown of the features:
-All the known regions in the Pok?mon universe including Kanto, Orange Archipelago, Sevii Islands, Johto, Fiore, Hoenn, Orre, Almia, Holon, and Sinnoh!
-Day/night system and the weather system!
-All Pok?mon catchable in-game, but they're harder to find and take longer to evolve
-Newly modified national dex with existing Pokemon and derived Pokemon added to make a total of around 500 Pok?mon
-Combination of features from various games, including some of our own
-Pok?mon League matches are actual tournaments instead of just fights with the Elite Four. The elite four will be challenged in a different way and only for once.
-Because the Orange Islands are not included in any game, you will see our creativity shine
-Pok?mon and things have been adjusted to account for balance issues, and to make things more realistic
-New pokemon types and attacks for the new types
-Battle animations for most of the moves included in Gen III games.
-There are more things to do in each map
-The NPC's have personalities and interact with you, the main character
-You will enjoy talking to people and reading signposts
-Plenty of new stuff
-More, better in-game trades

There's more. Go to the site :3
Anyways, I'm about to download it, go try it out.

Thirteenthorder

Are the battles at least close to like R/S/E with the effects and movement of the Pokemon?

Basically, what game does it resemble most in the series?
When you're not lookin'...

KingBoo

Quote from: Thirteenthorder on July 25, 2009, 03:45:05 PM
Are the battles at least close to like R/S/E with the effects and movement of the Pokemon?

Basically, what game does it resemble most in the series?
You could say they're closest to Gold/Silver/Crystal but with other elements and smoother animation. The battles work great, it's just like in regular pokemon. A warning though is that this is harder than the pokemon games on gameboy. I tried it out, I'm in pewter, and it's good so far. It takes longer than the regular pokemon games due to other story elements.

Thirteenthorder

I see. I will most definitely try it out as soon as I get home.

JrDude

Sounds interesting, but new types sounds kinda stupid to me, same with new Pok?mon, they should leave the Pok?-making to the professionals.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

It's not a full game. They're releasing each region in chapters, it's story driven like a manga.
I suggest you guys read the faqs. No offense, this sounds like poop because it's incomplete.
Also, new pokemon/types = fail.

They increased the level every pokemon levels at. The creator says "If you really wanna complete your pokedex youll work harder"

The only thing I find interesting is Project New Kanto.

KingBoo

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on July 26, 2009, 01:44:27 AM
It's not a full game. They're releasing each region in chapters, it's story driven like a manga.
I suggest you guys read the faqs. No offense, this sounds like s*** because it's incomplete.
Also, new pokemon/types = fail.

They increased the level every pokemon levels at. The creator says "If you really wanna complete your pokedex youll work harder"

The only thing I find interesting is Project New Kanto.
No they aren't, and if you'd read you know that. The story is divided into chapters. The game has every chapter in it. The only thing that isn't complete to the point of full playability is 2 orange island islands. The chapters simply appear as part of the story, in the bottom of your screen it would just say "chapter 1: blablabla". New pokemon types=not that bad. You can do with them.

Yes they increased the levels. It's meant for a challenge, the pokemon games are pretty easy. This game actually offers a bit of a challenge.

I.e., stfu, use reading comprehension, and try the game before you knock it.

Thirteenthorder

I won't knock the new types until I try them or see them, I still haven't gotten around to downloading. But I've read the FAQ and it looks pretty decent to me.

KingBoo

Quote from: Thirteenthorder on July 26, 2009, 11:35:23 AM
I won't knock the new types until I try them or see them, I still haven't gotten around to downloading. But I've read the FAQ and it looks pretty decent to me.
Well I'm now past Mt. Moon, and so far, it's quite a bit of fun. It's actually pretty hard too, somewhat long. I've already noticed a few of the cartoon's references. The story doesn't differ too much from the game (so far) and it flows pretty well. So far I like it just as much as the real games.

Thirteenthorder

Tell me, are there special effects when the Pokemon attack? And what style are the Pokemon rendered in (Crystal, Emerald, D/P/Pt, etc.)?

Lotos

Project New Kanto looks... Amazing... :D

JrDude

Can you provide a link to where it shows all the new Pok?mon and types?
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 26, 2009, 07:09:30 PM
Can you provide a link to where it shows all the new Pok?mon and types?
I only know of Undead type.

KingBoo

Quote from: Thirteenthorder on July 26, 2009, 05:13:10 PM
Tell me, are there special effects when the Pokemon attack? And what style are the Pokemon rendered in (Crystal, Emerald, D/P/Pt, etc.)?
Yes, and it depends on the pokemon. As far as I can tell most of them are FR/LG, but I haven't even gotten past Vermillion yet.
@JrDude- I'm not quite sure. As far as I know the only new types are Holy, Mystic, and Undead. I haven't encountered any new pokemon yet.
@Lotos- Haha ya. Sadly it's not done yet, and with the recent disbanding it could be October before it is :'(. Luckily it's getting back together though.

JrDude

I tried to download it, but I for some reason can't download .rar files. I also can't download torrents (<- off topic)
Anyone know how to fix that?
[move][/move]
Dude .