Started by Macawmoses, January 17, 2010, 02:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

"Why are you buying Pokemon?"
"It's fun, so shut the intercourse  up."

Simple.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Violet on January 17, 2010, 06:09:16 PM
Whenever I tell my parents about the next game, they're like "Another Pokemon game? I thought we were done."

This is pretty much what my parents do. Of course, I usually ignore them and buy it anyway. I really don't care what a bunch of random people in stores think about my purchases.

Lotos

Quote from: Red on January 18, 2010, 07:02:54 AM
WHEN I BOUGHT PLATINUM, I TREATED IT LIKE A DRUG DEAL. I WORE A COAT, PAID THE MAN DISCREETLY, AND TUCKED IT AWAY AS I WALKED OUT OF THE STORE.

Quote of the week.

Allegretto

The only time I was embaressed buying anything was condoms. And I payed a friend 10 dollars to do it for me. I'm a ninny.

Pokemon is awesome, if someone thinks it's lame they can go to hell.

Kayo

Quote from: The One Link. on January 20, 2010, 07:56:26 AM
The only time I was embaressed buying anything was condoms. And I payed a friend 10 dollars to do it for me. I'm a ninny.

It's not embarrassing at all, unless you need to buy them in the smallest size.

Wait... :U
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Mystic

Quote from: The One Link. on January 20, 2010, 07:56:26 AM
Yeah, be embarrassed that a girl wants to have sex with you. Ooooooo

Someguy13

No one gave me any crap when I bought Pearl but I sort of distracted from that by paying entirely in quarters, dimes, and nickles...

Rius

None of the people who no me ever bothered me about it, but that may be because they think I'm freaking scary. When buying it, no one ever says anything; probably that scary thing, again.

Allegretto

Quote from: Mystic on January 20, 2010, 05:18:29 PM
Oooo good point.

Magnum and I are going to go to a town where no one knows us and hold hands and buy condoms.

It's going to be really funny.

Rius

Quote from: The One Link. on January 20, 2010, 08:33:02 PM
Oooo good point.

Magnum and I are going to go to a town where no one knows us and hold hands and buy condoms.

It's going to be really funny.
I hate to be off topic, but that sounds like something my friends did. Only they bought condoms, duct tape, rope, coloring books, crayons, and a shovel. Then screamed coitus in the parking lot. I couldn't have participated, since people actually knew me in the town; it was my hometown. >>

Custom

Quote from: Mystic on January 20, 2010, 05:18:29 PM

What if you're buying them from the girl that you want to have sex with?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

Quote from: Lotos on January 18, 2010, 07:37:12 PM
Quote of the week.
Though it was in character, I actually 100% meant that post.

Quote from: Customrobo13 on January 21, 2010, 05:57:39 PM
What if you're buying them from the girl that you want to have sex with?
This reminds me of a joke.
A 17 year old guy walks into a pharmacy. He says to the pharmacist (bragging) "Yeah, my girlfriend is starting to get really hot for some good lovin. I think it's time that I buy some condoms so that I can give it to her good. Tonight we are going to have dinner at her parents house and then going out to inspiration point". The pharmacist recommends a brand of condoms. The guy buys them and leaves.

Later that night at the parents house the family and the guy sit down to dinner. The guy asks to say grace. The family obliges. He starts "Dear god, Please protect us and forgive us for our sins," as he continues his speech gets more and more religious. He begs for forgiveness, he asks for world peace, he wishes that everyone could be all knowing. As he continues the family (and his girlfriend) sit in amazement. Finally he finishes, 'God bless us every one."

"Wow" his girlfriend says, "I didn't know you were so religious."

"Yeah well, I didn't know your dad was a pharmacist".

Zero

lol I don't look like the type of guy that would play these games at all so yeah the cashiers look at me weird, but they don't say anything. I'm intimidating.

I preordered both HG and SS, one's for my girlfriend. I already have one of them paid off too.

Rius

Rob, I was thinking of that same joke.

RX-78-2

I WILL NEVER BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT BUYING A POKÉMON GAME--EVER. I WILL ALWAYS BUY WHATEVER GAME I WANT. I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE SERIES. I AM A DIE-HARD FAN. NONE OF THIS WILL CHANGE.

Call me a crazed nerd, but it's true. =P

In all seriousness though, I've never been embarrassed or anything like that when buying or talking about Pokémon. I'm proud to be a Trainer and fan of the animé, movies, manga, and all that. I'm usually never in a situation when I could be made to feel embarrassed anyway, though. I will recount one story in which I defended my honor as a Trainer.

STORY: Some Random Schoolgirl Bully Tries to Insult a Die-hard Pokémon Fan

Every year since 8th grade (I have yet to this year), I have put about 20 Pokémon and Yu-gi-oh! figurines (including plush toys of Sudowoodo and Bonsly) in my locker and proudly displayed them to all who wanted to see. I made no effort to hide any of them. Most kids would just come over, laugh, play with them a bit, pretend to steal them, etc., but it was all in good fun and they never wronged me in any way. However, one girl came over and decided to be the first one to insult me. Just after other kids left my locker from looking at the various action figures, she comes up and looks at them with her mouth agape. Keep in mind that this girl was nothing special; she was unattractive, very short, crabby, easy to anger, made a big deal out of everything, cursed excessively, was an all-around unpleasant person, and almost no one liked her. I'd never really spoken to her before this incident, but had witnessed her "wrath" before. Anyway, she looked into my locker in disbelief, to which I replied with something like, "Is there a problem?" She looks at me the same way and says something like, "Are you serious? You like Pokémon? You're such a little kid. You're so immature." And she laughs a bit with contempt and arrogance, thinking that she had "won." The next day, I put a cut-out of Pikachu on her locker. The next time I looked at her locker, it was taken down. Then I put a little label (from a label maker) on her locker that said, "You like Pokemon? [sic]" The day after that, I walked down the hall to my locker in the morning and she said, "Hey buddy!" At first, I gave no response, but when she came up to me at my locker, she said something like, "I know you put this on my locker! *Points to label stuck on locker* Why did you do that?" I said something like, "Because you had no right to make fun of me just for something that I like. I didn't deserve that." She just looks at me funny (probably because she can't understand the fact that mature people don't insult each other, especially when they're not even acquainted) and says something like, "The next time you do something like this, I'm telling [the assistant principle that she apparently thinks I'm scared of just like everyone else]!" I finish it off with, "I don't need to do this again; I've made my point!" And that was the end of that.

She transferred by the way (good riddance), so I'll likely never see her again. Muahahahahahahaha. :D
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************