News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

How they can do Gen 5 right and an Eeveetastic idea.

Started by The Riddler, February 27, 2010, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on February 27, 2010, 07:28:44 PM
Eevee is unique, remember?
Oh yes, he evolves to many different types.

Oh wait, he doesn't evolve to Legendaries.

Nayrman

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on February 27, 2010, 07:49:00 PM
Oh yes, he evolves to many different types.

Oh wait, he doesn't evolve to Legendaries.
More uniqueness?
Besides, it's not like the legendaries are all that impressive anymore. Hell, the legendary trio of last generation were just wannabe Mews in terms of appearance/design...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on February 27, 2010, 07:56:31 PM
More uniqueness?
Besides, it's not like the legendaries are all that impressive anymore. Hell, the legendary trio of last generation were just wannabe Mews in terms of appearance/design...
Phione, albeit born from an egg, can't evolve, but it's a Legendary.

Making Eevee evolve into one...is just breaking the law of evolution, and unfair for all other Pokemon.

bluaki

Hm, just putting the swimming idea in a little weird change of perspective.
Quote from: JrDude ♦ on February 27, 2010, 06:45:37 PM
I was thinking an item called Swimsuit could replace surf
And let's recall a little detail from what Pokemon has done recently done with the female playable characters' design. Incredibly short skirt (even to a point of having revealing winter clothing) and even noticeable breasts, although supposedly 10 years old. And how do swimsuits compare? Right.

Let's just hope they don't go that far, but if they do, then it's EVEN MORE stuff for the internet to freak out about.
Quote from: Violet on February 27, 2010, 07:21:46 PM
-End on 600. Gen 1 ended on 151, Gen 2 on 252, Gen 3 on 386, Gen 4 on 493. Now the chances that Ninty will add 105 pokemon EXACTLY is slim to none.
Gen 4 added... 107. Notice how many more we need to reach a smooth number? Quite decent chance we'll get the same number again in my opinion. Also, Gen 1 did in all intents and purposes end on 150 because Mew wasn't really considered a true part of the games.
Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on February 27, 2010, 07:24:47 PM
Pfft, anyone knows a normal Pokemon can't evolve into a Legendary.
Gen IV is already destroying this idea. Phione nulled the inverse; a legendary cannot breed and also a legendary cannot have a lower form. Lucario is so highly targeted as a "legendary" that he very well may be considered one to them, but evolves from Riolu.

Cornwad

8 directional movement sounds good. I also enjoy eeveelutions. A normal typed one would be really cool.

JrDude

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on February 27, 2010, 07:58:54 PM
Phione, albeit born from an egg, can't evolve, but it's a Legendary.

Making Eevee evolve into one...is just breaking the law of evolution, and unfair for all other Pokemon.
Hi, welcome to Pokémon.
1. Law: Legendaries could never breed. Gen 4: OSHI A LEGENDARY CAN BREED AND A NEW LEGENDARY IS BORN.
2. They invent new laws of evolution in ever gen, it wouldn't be THAT bizzare to add a legendary evo.
3. If you read my message on how Eevee evolves into it, then it would still follow the law in a way, kinda like the loophole with the legendary breeding: The bred Pokémon can't evolve into the parent.

Even though I like the Eevee idea and the legend Eeveelution, I still have VERY high doubts it will happen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on February 27, 2010, 08:55:14 PM
Hi, welcome to Pokémon.
1. Law: Legendaries could never breed. Gen 4: OSHI A LEGENDARY CAN BREED AND A NEW LEGENDARY IS BORN.
2. They invent new laws of evolution in ever gen, it wouldn't be THAT bizzare to add a legendary evo.
3. If you read my message on how Eevee evolves into it, then it would still follow the law in a way, kinda like the loophole with the legendary breeding: The bred Pokémon can't evolve into the parent.

Even though I like the Eevee idea and the legend Eeveelution, I still have VERY high doubts it will happen.
I doubt it'll happen either, but it's fun to speculate.

I still like my idea of a special Eevee (only 1 in game) that can change it's evolution based on a held item, or some form of item also aquired in game. That way it can be "legendary" (I assume it would also have much better base stats overall than any normal Eevee), without having a "legendary" form. But that's just me....so meh. :P

JrDude

Quote from: Nayrman on February 27, 2010, 09:00:19 PM
I doubt it'll happen either, but it's fun to speculate.

I still like my idea of a special Eevee (only 1 in game) that can change it's evolution based on a held item, or some form of item also aquired in game. That way it can be "legendary" (I assume it would also have much better base stats overall than any normal Eevee), without having a "legendary" form. But that's just me....so meh. :P
It would have to appear in an episode/movie, then be an event Pokémon.
[move][/move]
Dude .

So_So_Man

You know what would be awesome? A plot based around war instead of gangsters and criminals.

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on February 27, 2010, 09:03:17 PM
It would have to appear in an episode/movie, then be an event Pokémon.
As I said, one of the manga already toyed with this idea by having the main characters Eevee being able to switch between Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon until it just naturally evolved into Espeon permanently.

Mikoyan

Although the idea of completing the set of Eeveelutions sounds pretty good, I doubt it's something Nintendo would invest in right now. There would be nothing to milk if they release all of its variations right now; the fact that they only added 2 (4 cumulative) in both Gen2 and Gen4 is proof of this. The probability of them entirely changing the existing paradigm is, as like you said, quite possible, and the probability that it will bring new types is equally likely (thus making even more molds for Eevee to fit into).

Drezford_the_Rebell

I'd like to see them get original with game mechanics. Other than exploring their already established areas like priority moves (I'd like to see special ones), entry hazards (I don't know if I want them to add more, but I'd like them to expand on that aspect of the metagame. You know, more ways to get rid of them and such), abilities, and such, which I'd really like to see by the way, I want to see them add new aspects in ways like:

Special Speed stat. It could change things, give some Pokemon new life (or kill a few depending on how it's handled)
new battle effects (like, for instance, a move that saps PP. Not a necessarily GOOD idea, but you get where I'm heading)
more ways to explode.

I mean, it's a new generation, possibilities are endless.

JrDude

I've said this idea before and I'll say it again.
A good way for new Pokémon, is breeding.
Ex: In life this happens, Get a tiger and a lion and get a liger (or a tigon [they do exist, look it up])
They can do this with Pokémon, whether the new Pokémon can evolve into the parents is a different story.
Maybe they can have an obvious Lion Poké, and an obvious Tiger Poké, breed to make a Liger Poké, it's evo will be neither.
But have either Tauros or Miltank (or both) hold a special item, then they can breed to have a calf, the gender determines who it can evolve into (Miltank or Taurous)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mikoyan

This is about (493+whatevernewpooptheyputin)! (factorial) which is a pretty huge number. Or are you suggesting that this be more geared towards only a few select species?

bluaki

Quote from: Mikoyan on February 28, 2010, 12:45:56 AM
This is about (493+whatevernewpooptheyputin)! (factorial) which is a pretty huge number. Or are you suggesting that this be more geared towards only a few select species?
Not all pokemon are breedable with each other, of course, there are egg groups.
I think he meant only to be geared towards just a few select species.