News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

How they can do Gen 5 right and an Eeveetastic idea.

Started by The Riddler, February 27, 2010, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Quote from: bluaki on February 28, 2010, 10:22:10 AM
Not all pokemon are breedable with each other, of course, there are egg groups.
I think he meant only to be geared towards just a few select species.
This.
Think of it as getting Munchlax from Snorlax, Snorlax has to be holding a special item to get the Munchlax egg, otherwise a Snorlax would come out, same for this except with 2 Pokémon, but only a select few, not even all Poké in the same egg groups would be breedable to make new Pokés.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Going on that idea, what other Pokemon (like Tauros/Miltank) could be breedable?
This could be another potential plot point - since they broke the breeding rules with Manaphy they could have two special Legendaries that the bad guys are trying to breed against their will. (Latios, Latias maybe?)

Volbeat and Illumise are one set I can think of.

JrDude

Plusle and Minun, they obviously have to be different genders.
The result is either a rat thingy with =,X,or (insert division sign here) on their face & tail. That rat thingy would be more powerful than the parents when it levels up enough. I don't like the idea myself, but it's just something I thought of.
or maybe they can make a Male Kangaroo Poké in the next game, what came to mind is a kangaroo with boxing gloves (doesn't have to be like that, but not that bizarre due to Hitmonchan), that Pokémon can breed with Kangaskan and make the cub that is in Kangaskan's pouch.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Now that I think about it, what about that baby Kangaskan? It's been there for a long time. It SHOULD be a singular Pokemon.

JrDude

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on February 28, 2010, 03:32:37 PM
Now that I think about it, what about that baby Kangaskan? It's been there for a long time. It SHOULD be a singular Pokemon.
Read my last post.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Nayrman on February 27, 2010, 09:00:19 PM
I still like my idea of a special Eevee (only 1 in game) that can change it's evolution based on a held item, or some form of item also aquired in game. That way it can be "legendary" (I assume it would also have much better base stats overall than any normal Eevee), without having a "legendary" form. But that's just me....so meh. :P
This is actually how the Pokemon manga addressed Red's Eevee in the series.  It was genetically modified so that it could change between its evolutions based on the stone it was holding at the time.

Zero

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on February 27, 2010, 11:58:06 PM
I've said this idea before and I'll say it again.
A good way for new Pokémon, is breeding.
Ex: In life this happens, Get a tiger and a lion and get a liger (or a tigon [they do exist, look it up])
They can do this with Pokémon, whether the new Pokémon can evolve into the parents is a different story.
Maybe they can have an obvious Lion Poké, and an obvious Tiger Poké, breed to make a Liger Poké, it's evo will be neither.
But have either Tauros or Miltank (or both) hold a special item, then they can breed to have a calf, the gender determines who it can evolve into (Miltank or Taurous)

I like this idea.

Get Zoruark and Ninetales to breed and bam a new type of Fox pokemon. Something along those lines would be great....on paper anyways.

Turok

Tigon - WTF pokemon - 3'1, 120lbs

A tiger pokemon...... if nothing comes of this breeding thing, I want a tiger pokemon

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Cornwad

Quote from: Turok on February 28, 2010, 10:35:53 PM
A tiger pokemon...... if nothing comes of this breeding thing, I want a tiger pokemon
I would like to see it as a fighting/dark type. That would be cool.

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on March 01, 2010, 07:05:55 PM
I would like to see it as a fighting/dark type. That would be cool.
That would give it a blatant type advantage over things it really shouldn't, but yea it'd be interesting.

The Riddler

JrDude

Tigers have stripes, lighting designs can easily be stripes. I'd choose electric
Lion's mane looks like it would work with fire.
Together, it makes a Liger which is Electric/Fire. Actually, maybe they could make a Tigon too, but it would be the same Pokémon, just a slightly different look. Whether it's a Liger or a Tigon determines which type it's better at using (electric or fire)
Sounds cool, no?
(and yes, I noticed the similarities with Raikou and Entei)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Raikou and Entei are dogs though so it's all good

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on March 02, 2010, 04:47:02 AM
Raikou and Entei are dogs though so it's all good
Raikou is a Sabre Tooth Tiger sir.
Entei looks like he could be a lion, but that might be wrong.
If you didn't know, the "official" name for these things are the legendary beasts
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Raikou, Entei, and Suicune don't have an official title.
They're generally accepted as "Legendary Dogs", but they're just beasts. We don't know what they are, and no type of beast is confirmed for any of them. We don't know Raikou is a Sabretooth tiger.