News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

I finally caught a shiny!

Started by ThePowerOfOne, March 07, 2010, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePowerOfOne

Yes, it has taken me since my first Pokemon game, Pokemon Yellow, up until now to catch a shiny.

I was in route 102 in Emerald looking for a Ralts, and found a shiny Wurmple. Still don't know what i'm going to do with it, i've always wanted to find a shiny, but once the initial excitment wears off, you realise how lame a different colored Pokemon is :(

Discuss your first shiny, I guess.

So_So_Man

My first shiny was a numel that I caught earlier this year.  I tend to include numel/camerupt or some other quaker in my party, so it gets some use

Coolguy11

Shiny Hoothoot in Pokemon Silver was my first Shiny. I remember seeing that sparkle, and was like "WOAH!". Plus it was a slightly different color than the other hundred Hoothoots I saw so I decided to catch it. It was a great addition to my team. :D

Only other shinies I caught were the Red Gyarados and a Shiny Kricketot in Diamond.

JrDude

I catch shinies more than most people would when not looking, I've NEVER looked for a shiny (and succeeded), every time I did find a shiny, it was by chance.
My FIRST first one I cheated to get, but I was young and didn't think cheating was that bad, it was on Silver with my cousin's Game Shark, a shiny Scizor. He then became one of my favorite Pokémon of all time.
My first shiny that I caught without cheating was... I wanna say Machoke, but I'm not positive, it was in Leaf Green.
I've caught many random shinies (like 1 per game), and the only other one I remember is a shiny Numel (I think...)
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

In LeafGreen, I wandered through the Altering Cave if there was some kind of hidden trick to it until I saw a green Zubat. I caught it and that was my first shiny ever.

I also found a Shiny Venomoth. The bad thing? Safari Zone, it escaped. :|

Missingno6

I caught a shiny Machop on FireRed. Too bad i for got to save it and my battery died.  :(
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

Spud

Excluding the red Gyarados in G/S/C, my first shiny was a Noctowl in Gold on the path leading to the Lake of Rage.

Zero

Red Gyr never counts

Hell guys, my first shiny was a freaking Ralts in Platinum like...a month ago. I just gave it to my girlfriend though, I don't like Ralts much. I felt better about this because a bit later I got a japanese pidgey and breeded and breeded it until I got a shiny pidgey. Shiny Pidgeots are BA.

Matt

First shiny Pokemon I believe was a shiny Caterpie in Crystal, nothing special.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Coolguy11 on March 07, 2010, 06:23:36 PM
Shiny Hoothoot in Pokemon Silver was my first Shiny. I remember seeing that sparkle, and was like "WOAH!". Plus it was a slightly different color than the other hundred Hoothoots I saw so I decided to catch it. It was a great addition to my team. :D

Only other shinies I caught were the Red Gyarados and a Shiny Kricketot in Diamond.
You're Ash! :O

Lotos

My cousin found a shiny Weedle I think in Gold.  I didn't believe him.

I got my first shiny in Ruby.  A Marill.  Jigglypuff was my next one, in FireRed.

Titus Andronicus

Shiny Togepi in Pearl through the chaining thing. In fact, I caught intercourse ing 5 of them.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

The Riddler

Quote from: Titus Andronicus on March 08, 2010, 07:26:38 PM
Shiny Togepi in Pearl through the chaining thing. In fact, I caught intercourse ing 5 of them.
Do you still have them?
I need a Togekiss for my Flying Team, and a shiny one would be badass. <3

Dorgannn

I remember when I got my first Shiny.

My sister asked to play for a little bit, so I agreed, and she was just fighting Pokemon in the grass, and along comes a Shiny Meditite.
She almost KO'd it but thankfully I saw it before she did.

DededeCloneChris

Oh wait, I happened to catch a Shiny Meditite in Sapphire first.