News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

TMs = HMs ?

Started by Neerb, June 08, 2010, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

All they should do is make HM moves not permanent. It's pretty intercourse ing annoying.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Zero on June 11, 2010, 12:26:24 PM
All they should do is make HM moves not permanent. It's pretty intercourse ing annoying.
yeah, but then you could delete surf from all your pokemon while surfing, and the game would be broken.

Zero

Quote from: So_So_Man on June 11, 2010, 12:56:03 PM
yeah, but then you could delete surf from all your pokemon while surfing, and the game would be broken.

lol

The game could prevent you from deleting the HM while its in use on the field. It's not that hard.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 11, 2010, 01:00:02 PM
lol

The game could prevent you from deleting the HM while its in use on the field. It's not that hard.
If you saw my example, it would still not work. Being on one of those little islands that have fisherman, bird keepers, etc. Level up, delete surf, "OSHI I'M STUCK"
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 11, 2010, 01:23:12 PM
If you saw my example, it would still not work. Being on one of those little islands that have fisherman, bird keepers, etc. Level up, delete surf, "OSHI I'M STUCK"

Once again, you have infinite surfs; you can just teach it back again.  :|

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 11, 2010, 01:23:12 PM

...and the thought of HM's still being infinite never occurred to you?

RX-78-2

I thought all you guys knew how TM's and HM's worked. Maybe some of you are forgetting some things or somehow disregarding basic facts, but I'll list some things that I feel should be remembered:

• HM's are reuseable
  • HM's can be forgotten with the help of a Move Deleter
  • HM's can otherwise not be forgotten

I think that all HM's from previous games should stay as HM's in future games. Diving was so much fun and very cool in Hoenn; I was disappointed when it wasn't included in Sinnoh.

HM's being abilities is a good idea though. Pokémon are inherently able to do some things like fly, cut, and swim, so why do there have to be actual battle moves for them? It's impractical. Just about any Pokémon that knows Cut is already at a disadvantage in competitive battling.

Overall though, I think that TM's should only be single-use, but that all should be "re-attainable." All TM's for sale should be 10 times as expensive, but there should be about twice as much of a selection. As for the TM's obtained from Gym Leaders, beating them in a rematch should give the player another "copy" of the TM that was previously earned. That would also give the player more incentive to rematch Gym Leaders.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

JrDude

When I said that Zero/Mewtwo, I combined the idea of them being deletable and not-infinite.

Also, RX, people are complaining because sometimes a Pokémon will level up to get a new attack that they want them to have, but can't get due to HM, then the only way to get the move is to delete a move they like, and this could happen before the Move Deleter/Fly becomes available, so it's a nuisance. Though even with that it isn't that bad, just delete a move it learns while it's in the evo form, then take it to the Heart Scale guy (after you delete the HM with the move deleter)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Rius

There's one more way of deleting moves... If your Pokemon's nearing a level where it will learn a move you want, take it to the Daycare and put the HM move at the bottom of the list; in Gen IV at least, the HM is treated as a normal move and will be forgotten in lieu of the new move. Though, it's still a nuisance, yes.

Shujinco2

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 11, 2010, 11:56:20 PM
When I said that Zero/Mewtwo, I combined the idea of them being deletable and not-infinite.

Also, RX, people are complaining because sometimes a Pokémon will level up to get a new attack that they want them to have, but can't get due to HM, then the only way to get the move is to delete a move they like, and this could happen before the Move Deleter/Fly becomes available, so it's a nuisance. Though even with that it isn't that bad, just delete a move it learns while it's in the evo form, then take it to the Heart Scale guy (after you delete the HM with the move deleter)
I'm not sure, but I believe that is limited. Because there is a limited amount of Heart Scales......... I think.

Zero

Heart Scales are limited without hacking, not to mention you have to make the trip there and what not.

You guys are over-complicating this. 

And RX, thanks for pointing poop that WE ALREADY KNOW. We aren't disregarding how they work(at least I'm not), we're saying that the way they work has always been a nuisance and its time for change. Making them impermanent isn't something in the slightest that would be difficult to do, and even if you DID run into the problems that JrDude mentioned(which isn't likely seeing as they're intercourse ing infinite and you can just reteach it to your pokemon), it wouldn't be the first time a game forced you into a spot that you can't get out of without having to restart your last save.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Barbaloot on June 12, 2010, 09:28:00 AM
I'm not sure, but I believe that is limited. Because there is a limited amount of Heart Scales......... I think.
No, heart scales are unlimited.  3rd Gen has luvdisc (which can have heart scales when caught), gen 4 pt1 has underground, and hgss have rock smash.

tibar21

i like the hms & tms as they are. the only thing i want to change is to make hms forgetable and all tms available for purchase. its a pain in the ass having to interupt what I'm in the middle of and go to the move deleter.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Zero

Quote from: So_So_Man on June 12, 2010, 10:50:47 AM
No, heart scales are unlimited.  3rd Gen has luvdisc (which can have heart scales when caught), gen 4 pt1 has underground, and hgss have rock smash.

They're still a pain in the ass to get

jnfs2014

Pokemon is serious business.