News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Earth Hour, will you participate?

Started by dawnwolfNxhoj, March 27, 2010, 02:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawnwolfNxhoj

Hello, just thought I should ask about this particular event and who shall be participating on it. 1st however, moi asks that you read this article 1st to get a clear idea of what moi is talking and asking about.
http://green.yahoo.com/blog/greenpicks/274/turn-it-off-take-action-for-earth-hour.html
Now, I you've read the above shall you be participating in it?  Personally, I'll be participating considering all I've been doing that must have been affecting the planet, even if it's not such a big deal. However, it isn't a big deal RIGHT NOW. I wish to do my part for those of the future and provide one that doesn't involve trash and pollution.
So in particular, are you gonna try something that can help our Earth of right now? If anything, try what I've asked before and turn off your lights and most, if not all electrical appliances when your city has done so. Now, I'm only gonna hypothesise that some of the people that read this may wonder:
"Well, if I do participate in this and don't do anything that involves electricity, what can I do for the things that DO involve electricity like cooking, lighting, and entertainment?"
Now I shall do what I can to answer to these questions that might be asked.
1st, cooking; Cook a meal 2 hours b4 this event and eat when the electricity is off, eat things that don't need cooking(crackers, fruit, veggies, dried meats, etc.), eat a big meal before getting this started, or try to get a fire started IN A SAFE PLACE and attempt to cook with that.
2nd, lighting; think about the past and remember what they used to get light when it was dark before electricity. Personal suggestions would be candles & flashlights. And yes, I do know that flashlights do use electricity, but there are not many other options that I can think of. Well, there is another thing, but I'd strongly go against it considering the risks and how old school it is. The 3rd option, find a big wooden club and light yourself a torch, if you know the proper way to do so  of course.
3rd, entertainment; play some old fashioned board or card games, read a book, or tell stories by the candlelight(or whatever source of light you're using)! Considering all the talk that involves video games, there hasn't been any reminiscence about the good old board or card games. When was the last time you've played one?
And if that isn't good enough for you, read a good book or tell a story! Be that big brother or sister that is so commonly stereotyped and play with your younger sibling!(unless there's feuds between yourselves, of course)
secret 4th, try to stargaze! When's the last time you've seen stars? Considering that I'm living in Las Vegas, I haven't been able to do proper stargazing in quite a long time!
And that'll just about wrap this up, but now it's time for...
Ultra special random stuff...
Has anyone ever heard of the game "Rune Factory Frontier" for the Wii? Wondering if it's a good play
Will you be trying anything that has been mentioned here?
Can you stargaze properly?

Thirdkoopa

Already know; I've been contributing in many huge grains in Dubai compared to the US. Great to see some people here contributing.

you guys better get back to posting after it's done l:
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Macawmoses

Glad you supported it. I would have had I been home.