Main Menu

So, which are YOU?

Started by Kilroy, February 28, 2009, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syncopathic

3, 13, 19, 23, and 26.

Eizweir

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

PsychoYoshi

Silly_Penguin

10, 23, occasionally a bit of 13 and 22 as well.

Zovistograt

13 because I loved 90's games so much and I think good graphics are ruining gaming right now
16 because even though I think realistic graphics are terrible, games are definitely art in their own right
23...less now than a few years ago.  I blame anime.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Mario583

Quote from: Zovistograt on March 01, 2009, 04:32:34 PM
13 because I loved 90's games so much and I think good graphics are ruining gaming right now
So....you think we should go back to graphics like E.T. or SMB?

Zovistograt

Quote from: Mario583 on March 01, 2009, 04:38:53 PM
I just don't like realistic games.  Good-looking surrealist stuff is great, but things that have a color palette that is akin to dirt and...darker dirt...are kind of ruining it for me.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on March 01, 2009, 04:41:20 PM
I just don't like realistic games.  Good-looking surrealist stuff is great, but things that have a color palette that is akin to dirt and...darker dirt...are kind of ruining it for me.
That's realism.

We have reached realism's saturating point in games, the human eye can only see so detailed. They'll have to come up with something new other than going back to FMVs. I personally nominate hand drawn graphics/cel-shading and more motion capture.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on March 01, 2009, 04:53:17 PM
That's realism.

We have reached realism's saturating point in games, the human eye can only see so detailed. They'll have to come up with something new other than going back to FMVs. I personally nominate hand drawn graphics/cel-shading and more motion capture.
I demand putting gameplay instead of graphics first.
THATS why the early/mid 90's where the real height of gaming. Graphics were good enough to where nothing was confusing, but developers put gameplay above all else. Unfortunately it's all GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS at points (I'm looking at YOU GTA4!)

ThePowerOfOne

Probably 21 and 23.

...And 26

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on March 01, 2009, 05:01:46 PM
That's realism.

THATS why the early/mid 90's where the real height of gaming. Graphics were good enough to where nothing was confusing, but developers put gameplay above all else. Unfortunately it's all GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS at points (I'm looking at YOU GTA4!)
People say GTA IV was realistic, but the graphics seemed stylized to me, especially the shadows.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on March 01, 2009, 05:06:25 PM
That's realism.

People say GTA IV was realistic, but the graphics seemed stylized to me, especially the shadows.

Compared to previous installments, and how the graphics engine was handled, it was annoyingly realistic. Everything was too dark, brown, gritty, and all around unappealing (even though NY really is all those things, but that's why I play videogames, to get away from the "Blech"-ness of everyday life).
That game had a multitude of problems, from graphics to missions to piss poor control for vehicles. The only thing it did overly well was the story.
Oh, and "NICO, COUSIN!" every five seconds

Triforceman22

That's realism.

We know, we know....

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!