News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Activity and Why NSF is Near Dead

Started by Macawmoses, March 16, 2009, 05:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Kids, don't whine and tell me stats are trivial. Take a look at them for yourself.

Peak hours are about now.

Does this look like a peak to you?

"Lord Layton, Trumpy, Juliette, Kilroy, JrDude"

Whooo boy, 5 users.

Yesterdays topics, than posts:

7     162

Impressive yet again.

Last months stats: Topics, Posts, New Members, Most Online, Page Views

343     5924     15     37     185984

Worst month in our history.

The point is - we are unnecessarily dead. We have a larger base than many other forums, yet our posts, topics, and even online list is marginal at best compared to them. When SmashR and Hadaway best you, you know you are growing inactive.

So that brings up the points - why aren't you posting?

Silverhawk79

I'm not posting because I'm busy working on a map for the TF2 server.

Beatnik

At least half of the posts on this site are fluff. Not funny, not thought provoking, not worth reading.

The problem isn't that we're not posting enough, the problem is that we're not posting well enough.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Gwen Khan

I don't really have anything to talk about

Macawmoses

Pete, that would depend on why you are here. I'm not here for constant serious discussions on Obama's policies and Evolution. I am not here to spawn meme's, either. I'm here for genuine discussion about video games and the industry itself, and I feel the discussion spawned from users like Nayrman is more interesting on a hundred levels. Others won't see it that way.

Kilroy

I certainly hope my contest will stimulate things.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Spam

I for one try to stay semi-active with my busy social life, but I'm also try to invite hordes of people the NSF some well see how that works out...
I'll also try and post more we need to get more boards active than Power On. Maybe just close it for one day...

Titus Andronicus

Because Outsid's stats have recently gone up.

February 2009      381 topics     11852 posts

That's a record high coming from around 6000 posts a month.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Java

I've been extremely busy and I have no idea why I'm on here right now...

Beatnik

Quote from: Lord Layton on March 16, 2009, 05:56:51 PM
Pete, that would depend on why you are here. I'm not here for constant serious discussions on Obama's policies and Evolution. I am not here to spawn meme's, either. I'm here for genuine discussion about video games and the industry itself, and I feel the discussion spawned from users like Nayrman is more interesting on a hundred levels. Others won't see it that way.

Fair enough. I don't really care much about video game related stuff, so I guess I can't appreciate the site on the same level that you do.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Linkman

I'm on the forum as much as I can be, but I don't post very often.

えっちーせんぱい

I don't play games anymore?

I don't do much anymore now besides go to school anyway.

Nayrman

School is the major reason.

I'll be on more for this week though, since it's spring break.
Also, I was staffing Momocon (anime convention) this past weekend, and barely had any time to do much of anything. At least I was able to get wasted Sunday night though...that was nice but good god that stuff was strong.

The Baron

School.  Also I never post a lot on any forum =(

Silverhawk79

I'll be more active now. I "finished" my map, even though it's ugly and needs to be redone already.
But hey, that's what v2 is for.