News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

This is what happens when Youtube tries to please copyright holders.

Started by Cecil_and_Kain, March 21, 2009, 10:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy

Quote from: Tupin on March 24, 2009, 04:23:53 PM
Quote from: (ノ^_^)ノ on March 24, 2009, 04:16:23 PM
Quote from: Rayquarian on March 24, 2009, 01:35:58 PM
...Wouldn't it make more sense to just take down the music video instead of forcing the uploader to change the music?
He's trying to make a point that YouTube is being intercourse ing retarded.
You know what's even worse? I've seen videos of people playing records that have had the sound removed. The records were from the 1940's, and he got a message saying that its copyright was renewed until the year 2067. Oddly enough, it was a song that was in Fallout 3.
...A 58 year renewal?

These businesses are insane.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Tupin

Quote from: (ノ^_^)ノ on March 24, 2009, 04:27:06 PM
Quote from: Tupin on March 24, 2009, 04:23:53 PM
...Wouldn't it make more sense to just take down the music video instead of forcing the uploader to change the music?
He's trying to make a point that YouTube is being intercourse ing retarded.
You know what's even worse? I've seen videos of people playing records that have had the sound removed. The records were from the 1940's, and he got a message saying that its copyright was renewed until the year 2067. Oddly enough, it was a song that was in Fallout 3.
...A 58 year renewal?

These businesses are insane.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE INTERNET MONEY RABBLE RABBLE HINDERING THE INDUSTRY RABBLE RABBLE

I find it funny that they renew songs that old, they don't renew movies that old unless they are really well known, and no one would be looking up the song if it weren't for Fallout 3. Even companies like Nintendo don't care if people pirate their hardware from twenty years ago, you don't see the patents for RCA jacks and color TV being renewed, otherwise only RCA would be able to make them.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Rayquarian

He's trying to make a point that YouTube is being f***ing retarded.
I'm trying to make the same point by pointing out something else.

Lotos

I leave YouTube for five minutes and they remove more poop.  I shouldn't have expected any less.