<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The NSFCD Olympics: BEHOLD CHAMPION ROB

Started by Rius, May 30, 2010, 11:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

THE NSFCD OLYMPICS HAVE ARRIVED!
logo coming

Greetings, denizens of NSFCD! Welcome to the competition thread for the NSFCD Olympics! I am the Chairman and sponsor of the Games, Rius! Formerly known as NINNIN6.

Hold up, what are the NSFCD Olympics?!

Well my child, the NSFCD Olympics is a series of contests and games among you, the users of NSFCD! As I looked upon the pettiness and infighting that has taken place this year, I decided that this forum needed something to bring its users together again and harken back to older days. The NSFCD Olympics is a period to set aside our differences and squabbles; instead, we shall rejoice in the brotherhood and bonds we have formed over these almost three years. Oh yeah, and compete for $200.

Wait, what? $200, for serious?!

Yes, for serious! While this is a time of brotherhood and compassion for your fellow user, this is also a time to fight against each other for cold, hard cash!! And I mean the cold, hard part. It'll be in the form of a giftcard. However, be forewarned: only the most awesome, versatile NSFer will lay his hands on this card. Lower, less awesome users only get $100 or $50 gift cards.

Hey... these aren't going to be gift cards to lame stores like Petco or Billy's Possum Shack, right?

Of course not! When I found out the Possum Shack didn't sell $200 gift cards, I decided to go with GameStop instead. However, if the winner so asks, this gift card can be exchanged for one of equal value at another store. Though I don't see why you would wan-

Cool! How do I win?
Don't interrupt me. *ahem* As I said, only the most awesome, versatile NSFer can win. Starting Sunday, 20 June, 14 competitions of artistic mastery, literary prowess, physical and mental endurance, intelligence, and gaming skills will commence. It's rather simple. Each competition awards up to a certain number, usually 100, of points. As you participate and emerge victorious in these challenges, you gain said points. There are also a few achievements that one can earn for bonus points. The person who has accumulated the most points at the end wins!

What if there's a tie?
I pick the person I like best.

Hey, that's no fair!
Sucks to be the person I don't like.

Well, whatever. Sign me up!
Hold on there son! There are few entry requirements before you can participate in the games. I highly recommend that each user who intends to participate to read the competition rules in the next post. It will be rather unfortunate if you worked so hard to win, only to find out you were not eligible. If you are eligible, send me a PM stating your intent to compete. Please include the username you originally joined the forums under, for nostalgia. If you make a post in this thread saying you want to participate, it will not count. There will be no exceptions. You do not have to pick which ones to participate in, and I recommend you try as many as you can. See the rules for more details.

I hope to see much participation in these contests! Whether this the spark of a new beginning for NSFCD or our blaze of glory to the end, let's make it a great one! Farewell, and good luck to each of you in the coming weeks!

Rius

NSFCD Olympics: Competition Rules

1. Eligibility
- Only current (as of the date and time of this post) users of NSFCD may participate in the Competition. There are a few posting requirements in order to participate in the games.

• The user must have made at least 1 post in the past two months to participate in the games.
  • The user must make at least 60 posts in the next three weeks to qualify. That's 3 posts a day for the next 20 days, so it is more than feasible.
  • If a user feels they are an active user of NSFCD, they may attempt to claim exemption from the eligibility requirements by PMing the Chairman of the NSFCD Olympics (Rius) with this request. However, there is no guarantee this exemption will be granted, so it's better to be safe than sorry.
  • Active users of #nsider chat, but not the forum, meet the first requirement, but still must meet the second requirement. However, based on how active they are in chat, the required number of posts may be reduced if they request so and it is approved.
  • Users who are "Watched" are free to participate in the Olympics, but may not seek exemption. Users who are "Moderated" must send a request to join to a member of the NSFCD Olympics Board (see Judging), who will then consider the matter with the other Board Members. If approved, the "Moderated" User may participate in the games, but may not seek exemption.
The last day to register for the Competition is Saturday, 19 June at 11:59 PM CST.

2. Competition Period
- The Competition officially begins Sunday, 20 June at 12:00 AM CST and ends
Sunday, 4 July at 12:00 AM CST. Each Contest of the Competition has its own Contest Period; see the Contest Thread for more details.

3. Board Members
- In addition to the Chairman of NSFCD Olympics, there is a Competition Board which serves a dual role as support and referees for the Competition and various Contests. The Board Members do not participate in judging and are free to participate in the Competition. Any questions or concerns about a particular contest should be submitted to the Board Member of the Contest; see the Contests section for more details. The Board Members are as follows:

• NSFCD Olympics Board Member, Rius
  • NSFCD Olympics Board Member, MackorMoses
  • NSFCD Olympics Board Member, Silverhawk79
  • NSFCD Olympics Board Member, PsychoYoshi
  • NSFCD Olympics Board Member, Light

Each Contest has its own Judging Criteria; see the Contest Thread for more details.

4. Winner Notification
- The Winners of the Competition will be announced in #NSFCD_Olympics at the conclusion of the Final Contest on Saturday, 3 July. The Competition Thread will be updated with the names of the Winners, and a PM will be sent to each of the Winners. The Winner must claim the Prize within 7 days by replying to the PM with the information requested in the PM. See the Contest Threads for Contest information pertaining to Winner Notification.

5. Prizes - One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $200 GameStop Gift Card and the rank NSFCD Champion (ARV: $200). One (1) First Prize Winner will receive a $100 GameStop Gift Card (ARV: $100). One (1) Second Prize Winner will receive a $50 GameStop Gift Card. (ARV: $50). No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Chairman. For individual Contest Prizes, see the Contest Threads.

6. General Conditions - All Forum Rules apply. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Board may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Competition to address the impairment and then resume the Competition in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Board reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The Board's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Most importantly, any User who acts in an offensive manner, as detailed in the Forum Rules, towards another user during the Competition period shall be disqualified. The Competition is one of bonding and friendship; anyone who compromises this ideal shall be disqualified without appeal. The Board reserves the right to disqualify both parties involve if the targeted user responds in an offensive manner. Just report the person and move on. If a Winner acts in an offensive manner and the Prize has not been awarded, the Chairman reserves the right to disqualify the Winner post-contest and elevate the ranks of the participants below the Winner.

7. Release and Limitations of Liability
- By participating in the Competition, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Forum from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Competition; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Competition or receipt of any prize. The answer to the 13th Grand Quiz question is "The Apotheosis". Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Forum's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Competition, and in no event shall the Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.

Rius

NSFCD Olympics: Contest Schedule

DateCompetitionMax PointsWinner
Sun, Jun 20User Photography100RiddlerRob
Mon, Jun 21Super Smash Bros. Brawl100Dawei
Tue, Jun 22Silver Fan Art100RiddlerRob
Thu, Jun 24NSFCD Review100Light
Sat, Jun 26MW2100RiddlerRob
Sat, Jun 26Movie SleepoverTBDLight, EvilSpud
Sun, Jun 27Trivia100Light
Mon, Jun 28Pac-Man Tournament100Kianglo
Tue, Jun 29NSFCD Fan Fic250RiddlerRob
Wed, Jun 30Mario Kart Wii100?
Thu, Jul 1NSFCD Signature250RiddlerRob
Fri, Jul 2Pokemon League200?
Sat, Jul 3Grand Trivia500?

All of the details are being hammered out; look for the final schedule and individual contest threads this Sunday, June 6.

Please Vote in the Polls for Game Contests and Movie Sleepover Themes!

Rius

NSFCD Olympians
BOREDFANBOY
Cornwad
Dawei
EvilSpud
Jatoskep
Jayat
Jr Dude
Kami of the Silver Flame
KAOS
Kill Joy
Kilroy
LightningSword
MackorMoses
MagnumSonic
Marth_Xero
MasterYoungLink
Missingno6
Mystic Swampert
NintendoMan74
Rayquarian
Relichris
RiddlerRob
RedSox
SilverHawk35
Silverhawk79
So_So_Man
Thirdkoopa
Tibar
Totla
Wiiboychris

The Riddler

Word yo. Once I see the rules, I'll PM my entry, but I'm nervous about certain games. I don't have a Wii, so any Wii games are out for me...  I can't do TF2... and if I do Rock Band it has to be guitars only with non-dlc. ;__;

Dog Food

Quoteonly the most awesome, versatile NSFer will lay his hands on this card.
This offends me.

Also, I'm in (of course I'll PM you later, don't worry). Hopefully I'm eligible. Eh, I'm not eligible. Same goes with most of the things happening on these forums soon. But this should be interesting, I'll look forward to the results.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

The Riddler

Quote from: الذئب لص on May 30, 2010, 11:15:36 PM
This offends me.

Also, I'm in (of course I'll PM you later, don't worry). Hopefully I'm eligible. Eh, I'm not eligible. Same goes with most of the things happening on these forums soon. But this should be interesting, I'll look forward to the results.
How are you not eligible? You could pull of 60 topics in three weeks, I saw you pull off 21 topics in a day.

Macawmoses

I'd like to note that content taken from any other site and used without permission, and as such, claimed as your own, is a bit of a piss off, as I don't like getting emailed about it (happened constantly on NS2...). As such, and as always, I need that added in as separate Rius :)

Light

I think... this is just what we need to get NSFCD up and running again. Needless to say, I love you, Rius. <3
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Dog Food

Quote from: Riddler on May 30, 2010, 11:32:21 PM
How are you not eligible? You could pull of 60 topics in three weeks, I saw you pull off 21 topics in a day.
I won't be around for a majority of the competition. I won't start something that I can't finish.

Light

Quote from: الذئب لص on May 30, 2010, 11:59:34 PM
I won't be around for a majority of the competition. I won't start something that I can't finish.
No harm in entering and trying your hardest for what you're around for, right? This should be for fun; not the end result.

Rius

Quote from: Murrow on May 30, 2010, 11:35:40 PM
I'd like to note that content taken from any other site and used without permission, and as such, claimed as your own, is a bit of a piss off, as I don't like getting emailed about it (happened constantly on NS2...). As such, and as always, I need that added in as separate Rius :)
A point I was going to elaborate on in individual contest threads, but should be mentioned here. If you are caught cheating in anyway, you will be disqualified.

Quote from: الذئب لص on May 30, 2010, 11:59:34 PM
Nonsense, it's about having fun. Besides, several contests have their own prizes, so you could still walk away with a rank or $10 gift card. ^_^

Dog Food

There is really only one thing missing that I would have really wanted to participate in. Movie Sleepover ;-;. At least the majority of things that interested me are at the beginning.

Light

Quote from: الذئب لص on May 31, 2010, 12:24:34 AM
There is really only one thing missing that I would have really wanted to participate in. Movie Sleepover ;-;. At least the majority of things that interested me are at the beginning.
Wait what? You won't be here for the sleepover?! But-but-but- :(

Dog Food

Quote from: Friendly on May 31, 2010, 12:28:51 AM
Wait what? You won't be here for the sleepover?! But-but-but- :(
I know, it sucks ;-;. I'm leaving June 25th and getting back July 5th. I JUST miss the sleepover, and I get back JUST after the end of the competition.