News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

NES/GBA games for free...because the 3DS bites it.

Started by Nayrman, July 28, 2011, 05:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 03, 2011, 07:55:16 PM
Nah, I just hate saying/typing/writing bad words. I rarely ever swear. Don't mind it too much, please.
Your F followed immediately by a U, a C, and finally a K without interruption seems unlike you, then. But typing "FUCK*R but if you take that asterisk out and put an E there" seems over the top for someone even as cautious as you. I really don't see why you don't just type FUCKER and get it over with. No one's going to judge you.

Also I'd like to say something about that whole resolution thing. Obviously NES games look worse on a handheld because the exact game was intended to be played on a full-size TV and they crammed it into a what, 4-inch screen? It only looks "bad" because it's shrunk so much and you're not used to it. Especially when you're used to staring at a big TV while playing a NES game and now looking down into your hands is quite the difference. I'm sure the resolution is as good as it can be.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 03, 2011, 07:53:31 PM
Not like that affects anything, but I just have to argue with you because your argument posts are often extremely stupid and I feel like I have to make an equally stupid post just to be sure you're on the same page I am.

Calm down, I'm not insulting your girlfriend, I'm just saying it could be done. As for X Pokemon not being obtainable, I guess that would be a problem with Yellow, but releasing Red/Blue instead could work.

Zero

Actually I'd like to point out that they look better than ever on the 3DS. The pixels are far more vibrant than the pixels old tvs can output and you don't have the "wtf" blur of an HD screen that you get from trying to play old games on a new television.

So, am I the only one here with perfect vision or what?

Hero_of_Darkness

Kayo, making VC games have multiplayer on 3DS isn't much of a challenge at all, especially for GB/C/A games which are already designed for play on multiple systems. In fact, Nintendo could add online with a few tricks and it wouldn't take a ton of effort or money. (Though, they obviously won't do that.) Nintendo knows they'd make quite a bit of money putting the first- and second-gen games on VC, and the minor adjustments they'd have to make to the emulator would be more than worth it.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on September 03, 2011, 08:04:15 PM
Actually I'd like to point out that they look better than ever on the 3DS. The pixels are far more vibrant than the pixels old tvs can output and you don't have the "wtf" blur of an HD screen that you get from trying to play old games on a new television.

I wasn't sure if I could really judge since I never owned an NES, but I DID own Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on GBC, and I definitely noticed that the 3DS version of SMB looks prettier. I honestly didn't have a problem with any of the games visuals, for that matter, and if they really are as awful as people say, I must have missed some absolutely beautiful television images back in the 80s.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 03, 2011, 08:03:15 PM
Calm down, I'm not insulting your girlfriend, I'm just saying it could be done. As for X Pokemon not being obtainable, I guess that would be a problem with Yellow, but releasing Red/Blue instead could work.
The hell you completely missed what I said yet again. There are still Pokemon that you can't get in Red, and Pokemon you can't get in Blue. Without trading you still wouldn't ever be able to-- Ah forget it this point is stupid and you wouldn't understand me anyway I'll just move down the line here.

Excellent. I'll have to see it for myself before I can offer a firsthand opinion though.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on September 03, 2011, 08:04:46 PM
Kayo, making VC games have multiplayer on 3DS isn't much of a challenge at all, especially for GB/C/A games which are already designed for play on multiple systems. In fact, Nintendo could add online with a few tricks and it wouldn't take a ton of effort or money. (Though, they obviously won't do that.) Nintendo knows they'd make quite a bit of money putting the first- and second-gen games on VC, and the minor adjustments they'd have to make to the emulator would be more than worth it.
That bolded line is what I've been saying. I know what they COULD do with effort. I'm just saying they're not going to. I highly doubt they'd really go through any of the trouble to change up the games. They know that they'd make just as much money with or without fancy new features. Because as Neerb so bluntly said people would apparently buy them anyway for their pure nostalgia value. Got an argument against that? Talk it up with Neerb, because that's not my alley.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

When I said Red/Blue would work, I was implying "if you could trade between them," although I'm sure of people would still pay for them if they couldn't trade (just not as many).

And I'm pretty sure Hero's line "they obviously won't do that" was just referring to the sentence it was in; that is, Nintendo wouldn't add Wi-fi to the games.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 03, 2011, 08:28:28 PM
When I said Red/Blue would work, I was implying "if you could trade between them," although I'm sure of people would still pay for them if they couldn't trade (just not as many).

And I'm pretty sure Hero's line "they obviously won't do that" was just referring to the sentence it was in; that is, Nintendo wouldn't add Wi-fi to the games.
I know what hero meant, I'm just saying that it can be applied to everything I've said. If you read my post you would have gotten that.

Also your first statement contradicts what you said in the past slightly so I'm not quite sure how you truly feel about it.
[move][/move]

Super

My vision sucks and I still think that the NES games look perfectly acceptable.

Also, Kayo, you are arguing pointlessly.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on September 03, 2011, 08:23:25 PM
That bolded line is what I've been saying. I know what they COULD do with effort. I'm just saying they're not going to. I highly doubt they'd really go through any of the trouble to change up the games. They know that they'd make just as much money with or without fancy new features. Because as Neerb so bluntly said people would apparently buy them anyway for their pure nostalgia value. Got an argument against that? Talk it up with Neerb, because that's not my alley.

No, I mean they wouldn't add online. They're already going to add local multi to the NES games, and doing that is harder than doing it for Game Boy games. All it really takes is a few coding tricks with the emulator. There's barely any actual effort at all. It all comes down to money, and they'd definitely earn a lot more money by putting the games on VC and using the emulator to "emulate" a link cable.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on September 04, 2011, 04:49:34 AM
No, I mean they wouldn't add online. They're already going to add local multi to the NES games, and doing that is harder than doing it for Game Boy games. All it really takes is a few coding tricks with the emulator. There's barely any actual effort at all. It all comes down to money, and they'd definitely earn a lot more money by putting the games on VC and using the emulator to "emulate" a link cable.
But Neerb, knowing everything in the world, said people will buy them anyway. What is this madness?

But it doesn't matter how much or how little effort it takes, it's just whether it's worth it. I do think it would be odd to make them tradeable with only each other because, like I said, it's like having a new mini-generation of Pokemon. It would be like Red/Blue that can't link up with Gold/Silver or whatever it is. I'll just wait for the Pokemon remakes, because if there's anything new and exciting coming in the Pokemon world it's more likely to be the heavily speculated Ruby and Sapphire remakes than a new network of 1st or 2nd gen games on the VC.

That being said, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for them even if they were on the VC. I'm the kind of person who would much rather have a physical copy of a Pokemon game than a virtual copy.
[move][/move]

Zero

Fuck carrying carts around all the time.

Having a hacked psp since 2006 has taught me that its fantastic to have 1000 games at your disposal.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 04, 2011, 01:03:58 PM

Having a hacked psp since 2006 has taught me that its fantastic to have 1000 games at your disposal.
How many of those 1000 do you play per day, honestly?
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on September 04, 2011, 01:03:58 PM

I approve the first half of your post.

But I highly disapprove of the second half.

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on September 04, 2011, 01:19:48 PM
How many of those 1000 do you play per day, honestly?

I couldn't really give you an estimate. I'm not the type of person that'll boot up one game, get bored quickly, and move onto another. It's just whatever I'm feeling atm.

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 04, 2011, 01:50:03 PM
I approve the first half of your post.

But I highly disapprove of the second half.

You jelly?