News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Server issues

Started by Jono2, February 26, 2009, 10:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

Well, the server seems to be more full than ever these days, and that's a good thing.  But something raised the other day caught my attention.

We are the people that house the server (well, Silver is).  Someone (can't remember who) thought it to be a good idea that there would be a reserved slot for when the server was full.

I figured that it would be a good idea, providing that there was some benefit to Silver.

We really should help him out with this, because he pays for it all himself.

My proposition:  $5 for a month for:

-Immunity to teamswap
-A reserved slot
-Two votes on mapvotes
-Temporary powers (say, an hour on wednesday evenings, Wicked Wednesdays or something), consisting of, say, noclip or godmode, or something)

I'm sure that someone would pay a measly $5 for a reserved slot, providing we give a good community.  It would help out Silver, and bring more traffic.  DiG manages to charge $35 for what... 6 months?

We're getting plenty of traffic, and I think that it can help Silver.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

BOSSNIG

We can set it up for free. Should just kick people who aren't members.

I think Mani comes with this function actually.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Kilroy

I hate reserved slots of all kinds. You're going to far by giving them mini-cheat powers, too D:
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

BOSSNIG

Looking into it. Don't have FTP access so I have to wait for silver to give me a copy of a cfg.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Silverhawk79

I like Jono's idea. Really, it's $5 for...probably lifetime. I never get donations for the server, and it bothers me. You all play on it without expecting to at least give a little bit back.
whine complain moan

Red Alert

i think it has a lot to do with the fact that the majority of your members have 0 income.

Jono2

Quote from: Byte on February 26, 2009, 12:59:05 PM
I hate reserved slots of all kinds. You're going to far by giving them mini-cheat powers, too D:

the idea would be that it would only give them these powers say, for 1 hour for 1 day of the week.  All of them would even be on at that time, which could either increase traffic or decrease it.  It wouldn't be spread out throughout the week.

I don't like reserved slots that much either, but if we can find a way to support Silver while getting the support from outside the forum, it's better for all of us.

Mario583

Quote from: Darklink on February 26, 2009, 12:57:27 PM
Should just kick people who aren't members.
I second this motion...with AVENGENCE!!! :robotangry:  *shoots gun into a server full of non-NSF moochers*

TheDarkChief

-Immunity to teamswap I can see that.
-A reserved slot Sigh, reserved slots suck. Find a way to just kick a player when the reserver wants in, not for all eternity.
-Two votes on mapvotes Just no.
-Temporary powers (say, an hour on wednesday evenings, Wicked Wednesdays or something), consisting of, say, noclip or godmode, or something) ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha we already have power abusers, don't need more plox

Daft Pink

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 26, 2009, 02:03:57 PM
I like Jono's idea. Really, it's $5 for...probably lifetime. I never get donations for the server, and it bothers me. You all play on it without expecting to at least give a little bit back.
whine complain moan
Do my maps count as payment. Pretty please? <33

Red Alert

Quote from: Daft Pink on February 28, 2009, 05:40:12 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 26, 2009, 02:03:57 PM
whine complain moan
Do my maps count as payment. Pretty please? <33
LOL

Jono2

Quote from: TheDarkChief on February 27, 2009, 09:29:15 PM
-Immunity to teamswap I can see that.
-A reserved slot Sigh, reserved slots suck. Find a way to just kick a player when the reserver wants in, not for all eternity.
-Two votes on mapvotes Just no.
-Temporary powers (say, an hour on wednesday evenings, Wicked Wednesdays or something), consisting of, say, noclip or godmode, or something) ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha we already have power abusers, don't need more plox

the idea would be that it's a benefit worth paying for.  Silver wants donations, and it's basically money with no real life return for Silver.

what I meant by reserved slots is the system we now have in place.