News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

LEFT 4 DEAD 2 ANNOUNCED

Started by Omega12, June 01, 2009, 11:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega12

Today at E3 "Left 4 Dead 2" was announced to come out on November 17, one year (minus one day) since the original L4D came out.

So far announced or confirmed are:

The new AI Director 2.0

4 new characters

4 New melee weapons, Axe, Chainsaw, Frying pan, and Baseball Bat (yes it makes the same sound as the scouts =p)

More than 4 campaigns (Possibly, I know it has more maps than L4D and is longer)

More maps, More emphasis on Co-op (MORE emphasis, how)

Survival and versus out of the box (Don't have to wait for survival like with L4D, doesn't mean new game modes won't come out)

New special infected!

Apparently, the pistol can run out of ammo in this one, no more infinite ammo.

Seems the new Ai Director 2.0 can change the games weather, so it could be sunny on one map, play through it again and it's raining.

The Director can now also move world scenery around, and "pathways"

I'll post more and update as more information comes out!

And here is the trailer (on my you tube account)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL9VBAYCCwU

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

Sylvur

This single handedly made E3 the best E3 ever. Even though I forgot about E3. :'D November 17th can't come soon enough. Also lol no PS3.

Omega12

4 NEW MELEE WEAPONS

CHAINSAW, AXE, BASEBALL BAT, AND FRYING PAN D:

also, i believe that the trailer showed one of the new guns, but I'm trying to watch the trailer again to confirm it.

The new AI Director 2.0

4 new charectors

more than 4 campains

more maps, more emphasis on co-op

survival and versus out of the box

new special infected

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

Mario583

Quote from: Omega12 on June 01, 2009, 12:56:11 PM
4 NEW MELEE WEAPONS

CHAINSAW, AXE, BASEBALL BAT, AND FRYING PAN D:

also, i believe that the trailer showed one of the new guns, but I'm trying to watch the trailer again to confirm it.

The new AI Director 2.0

4 new charectors

more than 4 campains

more maps, more emphasis on co-op

survival and versus out of the box

new special infected
I came.

Omega12

it also puts more emphasis on the "Infection" part of the game, and the fact that this is not the Apocalypse. you can tell by how its daytime and the military planes.

NJNETSFAN15

This surprised me.

And not in as good of a way as Valve realesing a new game should.

Saddening that they are quickly realesing the sequel to a multiplayer game, in a years time.

Valve's not one to usually allow this sort of stuff, and HOPEFULLY this isn't a recurring trend. My favorite thing about Valve, is the fact they provide gamers with top notch gaming, for low prices. Tf2 was a game that started off RATHER weak, in terms of content, but had a nice base for which it could be built upon.

However, L4D never had this base, to be built upon, and my fear is, every year Valve will have to realese a new one.

Lets hope they do better with adding a base to L4D2, so it doesn't need to be re-realesed like the first L4D, which honestly I didn't like. It was fun at first, but got repetitive. Hopefully this new AI will help out with this.

Nonetheless, I'm exicted, if for nothing else, than to just see how it turns out.

Omega12

Well you have to remember L4D started out as a HL2 mod by Turtle Rock (The same guys who made Counter Strike) studios. Valve bought out Turtle Rock and they continued L4D as a Game rather than a Mod.  So really you could say L4D was a prototype and L4D2 will be improving on it.

L4D2 is supposed to be longer,a nd hopefully it puts more emphasis on the actual campaign AND THE STORY than just the fact that its multiplayer and that it has VERSUS.

Apparently L4D 2 has been in production for a while now, my guess is that it was being developed alongside the original.

Sylvur

Oh hi there Scout. Ganked Pyro's axe did ya?

But wait. Is it all going to be super southern? :( Looks kinda like hick zombies. Which aren't scary at all. And the suit guy. Ten bucks says he's the new Louis, always getting in the way of yer bullets when you're trying to shoot stuff. But idk. I'm too judgemental on looks. We'll just see how it goes.

Also NJ, it's "released". Just had to correct you on that. :]

Vaatix

Terrible idea. They can just update Left 4 Dead 1 with it. Left 4 Dead hasn't even been out for a full year yet and they're announcing a second one just past the anniversary of the first. I call bullpoop. I'm not going to pay for a gosh darn second version that they could have added to the original one.
<+Clu> my dick is a massive launch title

NJNETSFAN15

See, I think the problem is that L4D WASN'T very expandable. They released it with the bare necessities of a multiplayer game. They didn't leave a lot of room for improvement.

Adding new weapons, characters, bosses, etc would have been complicated, and maybe they are just trying to redo the game, to make it more expandable. The melee weapons are something else that would have been difficult to add into the game already.

Not to mention, on the 360, l4d had a huge playerbase, this may be Valve's way of making extra money off of the console people who will spend money on it easily. I think we may see a discount for people who own the first l4d, or if not, at least a nice discount the first week it's out.

I might actually buy this one. I spent some time with L4D, but I found it boring and despite the AI director, still repetitive. The lack of weapons disapointed me greatly, and the versus was fun, but not reason enough to buy the game.

If this one adds variety, it might make it worth buying.

Of course, the fear is there that Valve will get lazy, and start charging for remakes constantly, which is something that pre-this announcement, I would have never thought possible.

Jono2

Quote from: NJNETSFAN15 on June 01, 2009, 04:53:13 PM
See, I think the problem is that L4D WASN'T very expandable. They released it with the bare necessities of a multiplayer game. They didn't leave a lot of room for improvement.

Adding new weapons, characters, bosses, etc would have been complicated, and maybe they are just trying to redo the game, to make it more expandable. The melee weapons are something else that would have been difficult to add into the game already.

Not to mention, on the 360, l4d had a huge playerbase, this may be Valve's way of making extra money off of the console people who will spend money on it easily. I think we may see a discount for people who own the first l4d, or if not, at least a nice discount the first week it's out.

I might actually buy this one. I spent some time with L4D, but I found it boring and despite the AI director, still repetitive. The lack of weapons disapointed me greatly, and the versus was fun, but not reason enough to buy the game.

If this one adds variety, it might make it worth buying.

Of course, the fear is there that Valve will get lazy, and start charging for remakes constantly, which is something that pre-this announcement, I would have never thought possible.

They're partnered with EA.  They now officially have a licence to rehash the same game year after year and sell kajillions.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

NJNETSFAN15

You make a good point.

However, I could care less how many L4D's they make, as long as they keep TF2 free and don't rehash it, I'll be fine.

As I see it, the money people are putting into other Valve games means the more they can work on Tf2.

Omega12

AllEA does for valve is port their games over to PS3. =/

noodle976

Quote from: Omega12 on June 03, 2009, 01:50:18 PM
AllEA does for valve is port their games over to PS3. =/
I'm pretty sure EA is in charge of selling all retail copies for any system they make the games for. >_>

Linkman

Quote from: noodle976 on June 04, 2009, 03:13:59 PM
I'm pretty sure EA is in charge of selling all retail copies for any system they make the games for. >_>
I told you this Omega. :|

On topic, It is way too soon for them to make a sequel to L4D.
I don't even have the first one yet...