News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Rush fans?

Started by metroidhunter777, August 02, 2008, 05:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroidhunter777

Anybody like most of their music? I love them, mainly because I love progressive rock in general, and because they are awesome. 2112, Tom Sawyer, Hemispheres, Lakeside Park, Freewill, all the usuals, love em 'all.

I like bands that are musically advanced like that, with odd time signatures and constant tempo or time changes. Plus just good music overall.

If you are a Rush fan, as said on the Colbert Report, you're a Russian. But Rush says their fans actually have their own names. So, you can decide. Ha.

In the end, I don't think anybody can hate Rush. It's, like, impossible, because there's nothing bad about them. And that's a fact, I'm pretty sure.

thunderhero4

I love Rush! Your favorite song? I cant decide! Its a tie between Spirit of Radio and Xanadu

metroidhunter777

Quote from: thunderhero4 on August 03, 2008, 09:47:38 PM
I love Rush! Your favorite song? I cant decide! Its a tie between Spirit of Radio and Xanadu

Xanadu is great, the 7/4 part after Lifeson's volume swell part is awesome, that's the main guitar intro.

I like Freewill a lot, though, it's just an amazing song. 2112 is just as equally amazing, too. So, a tie for first there, and Xanadu, YYZ, and a lot of others following close behind.

Kaz

I love Rush. Can't say I'm too fond of their newest album, Snakes and Arrows, though.

My favorite song by them is "The Trees."
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Zacoftheaxes

They're my second favorite band, I love all of the songs of there that I've heard.

Chloroform?

I like Rush some. Freewill is probably my favorite song of theirs that I know (although I don't know too much, only Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, and Vapor Trails). In the realm of progressive rock though, I enjoy Yes much more. :P

Llama on Steroids

THE SINGER SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL.  =)

Fell

Rush? Yes.  Rush is awesome. I love Limelight. It's just really cool. Therefore, I have nothing else to say about them cause' they're so cool. 8)

Spongebob does not approve

metroidhunter777

Quote from: Llama_on_steroids on August 17, 2008, 11:35:22 AM
THE SINGER SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL.  =)

No he sounds like a guy trying to sing high. That's the way it's supposed to be. And he didn't try. He just did. Now he really has to try, but that's beside the point...