News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

best book ever?

Started by Zovistograt, December 28, 2007, 11:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

Every page of this book is filled with major win.  Even if you hate reading, you will love this book.  I assure you.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Light

[spoiler]V_V O_O X_x[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'd rather read my favorite book, White Fang, again rather than this.[/spoiler]
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Fell

Spongebob does not approve

Subach

His Dark Materials FTW while we're on the topic of which book is the best ever.

Light

Quote from: Subach on December 28, 2007, 03:58:55 PM
Yay! Another HDM lover! =) I loved those books.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: LightningSword on December 28, 2007, 04:34:07 PM
Quote from: Subach on December 28, 2007, 03:58:55 PM
Yay! Another HDM lover! =) I loved those books.
I love His Dark Materials!

B9M

1984, by George Orwell -- it was one of the scariest books that I have ever read, it was eerie seeing just how accurate a lot of the book was to the present day itself.

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: Zovistograt on December 28, 2007, 11:24:32 AM

Every page of this book is filled with major win.  Even if you hate reading, you will love this book.  I assure you.
Hellz yeah that book is good! Sereously! XD

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: B9M on December 28, 2007, 05:47:52 PM
1984, by George Orwell -- it was one of the scariest books that I have ever read, it was eerie seeing just how accurate a lot of the book was to the present day itself.

I liked the book, though it's not my favorite. It wasn't scary, per se. It just had that eerie feel to it that you are always being watched.

B9M

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on December 28, 2007, 06:11:30 PM

I liked the book, though it's not my favorite. It wasn't scary, per se. It just had that eerie feel to it that you are always being watched.
Yea I know, it just was scary and eerie to me due to that. Also someone made a book discussion post in Power On on Nsider on one of the last days that it was open and we were talking about this book along with books by Kurt Vonnegut, another one of my favorite writers. It was nice seeing some discussion on that board.

Apollo

Zovistograt

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on December 28, 2007, 05:57:03 PM

how did I know the first person to respond that read the book would be a hobo?

:)
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: Zovistograt on December 29, 2007, 09:09:19 AM

Well maybe it's because it has 700 (+ an extra 100 in the one I have) hobo names. :D

Zovistograt

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on December 29, 2007, 11:21:19 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on December 29, 2007, 09:09:19 AM

Well maybe it's because it has 700 (+ an extra 100 in the one I have) hobo names. :D
yeah I have the paperback too.

WHEN IS "MORE INFORMATION THAN YOU REQUIRE" COMING OUT I WANT AHHHHH

I definitely need 700 moleman names and the history of the war between the hoboes and the molemen

FTL

I completely agree. Beautifully written, excellent quotation material, dystopian theme... just an overall awesome book.

My favorite book would have to be Haruki Murakami's Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World.