News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Dating

Started by JrDude, February 05, 2010, 07:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegretto

Quote from: RX-78-2 on March 12, 2010, 11:52:52 PM
The park. Hold hands. I don't know; that's where I'd go.
That's where we ended up doing :/

Thirteenthorder

I have to admit to something that I didn't put into my original answer.

When I first started getting interested in the romantic side of things, I was a very timid person, and I didn't really know how to approach a woman (who really does?). On my very first GF I didn't approach her, she approached me.

I really didn't consider myself very attractive until women started approaching me themselves. Up to then I had really been a self-conscious person who couldn't really compete with the "Guy Who Everyone Liked". But yeah, I guess the moral of this short snippet is that good things really do come to those who wait.
When you're not lookin'...

L10

Quote from: Verity on March 15, 2010, 11:02:28 AM
I have to admit to something that I didn't put into my original answer.

When I first started getting interested in the romantic side of things, I was a very timid person, and I didn't really know how to approach a woman (who really does?). On my very first GF I didn't approach her, she approached me.

I really didn't consider myself very attractive until women started approaching me themselves. Up to then I had really been a self-conscious person who couldn't really compete with the "Guy Who Everyone Liked". But yeah, I guess the moral of this short snippet is that good things really do come to those who wait.
He speaks the truth.

I never really considered myself attractive, but after talking to someone last night, I realized, I had been "asked out" three times in the past three years. The first one I hardly ever consider, second one I feel really guilty about, and the third one last year, she never really asked me out, I was just told that this one girl liked me. Each time I never saw it coming it was just like "oh by the way-"
0o!f

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Verity on March 15, 2010, 11:02:28 AM
But yeah, I guess the moral of this short snippet is that good things really do come to those who wait.

Not those who wait to shower, though.  Grooming is important, nerds!

Syncopathic

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on March 15, 2010, 02:49:26 PM
I groom, I shower, and I apparently have an awesome personality.
Why am I lonely right now? ;__;

The Riddler

Quote from: Lina Mayfleet on March 16, 2010, 02:23:03 AM
I groom, I shower, and I apparently have an awesome personality.
Why am I lonely right now? ;__;
You're Mexican.
You miss home.

Thirdkoopa

Have you ever dated someone? Yes.
Are you dating someone now? Yes. Well sorta; I'm in dubai right now and even then through the past few months my relationship has been hardly existent asides from a few events. (Mainly one of my friends parties)
How long was your longest relationship? 1 year so far; More like my only.
Have you kissed? Yes.
How long should you wait until you kiss each other? Depends on the relationship.
Do you think sex is OK? or should you wait 'till you're married? Depends on the relationship again; But that's just me.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

RX-78-2

Quote from: Natsu on March 14, 2010, 03:45:48 PM
That's where we ended up doing :/
"Doing?" Going? I guess both. Awesome though.

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on March 15, 2010, 02:49:26 PM
I absolutely agree. To go along with this, you also need to be well-dressed. Not necessarily the most fashionable trends or anything, but something that's in good condition (no rips, holes, etc.), fits, and matches with the other stuff you're wearing. Girls notice stuff like that.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

PsychoYoshi

Have you ever dated someone? No.
Are you dating someone now? N/A
How long was your longest relationship? N/A
Have you kissed? N/A
---
(Whether you've dated someone or not)
How long should you wait until you kiss each other? End of the first serious date if it goes well, but I'm talking a basic peck, not French kissing or making out.
Do you think sex is OK? or should you wait 'till you're married?
Most high schoolers (intercourse , even most college kids) aren't mature enough to handle sexual activity responsibly. Then again, lots of adults aren't, either. If people want to sleep around, that's their business, and I don't believe in restricting such activity, but they should be held responsible for any centipedes that they get (and any medical costs that arise), and you won't catch me dead in an open relationship.

Call me a prude, archaic, whatever, but I think that sex should be on a pedestal, and should be reserved for the one person you're totally willing to commit yourself to. Getting back to the original question, marriage is a construct and, on its own, is only a ceremony that represents two people spending their lives together. Some people aren't fully vested in each other even after they marry. Therefore, if you know that you're completely and utterly vested in one person, it's fine. "Completely vested" can be a cloudy notion, especially when hormones are raging in adolescence, and a person needs to do some serious and prolonged soul-searching before they truly know whether or not they are ready. Sex reinforces more than physical connections; it also is a way to express emotional and mental ones, and even if people somehow manage to have active sex lives with multiple people without picking up massive amounts of emotional baggage, I think that part of the beauty is lost without the factor of commitment built in.

Dog Food

Dating is overrated. Dating intercourse ing sucks. Dating is the most stupid thing in the world. I hate dating, that's why I always avoided serious relationships until high school (where I still should have avoided serious relationships, but whatever).

I'll be friends with guys, I'll release a little sexual tension once in a while with a guy friend, the whole "friends with benefits" deal if their into it. But I don't want to date. Why? Dating is basically becoming best friends with someone while restricting yourself to them. And then comes the jealousy and the fighting and the constant lying and all that poop.

And it sucks because that person is your friend. And that's how you want them to stay - as a friend. So screw dating. It comes with a bundle of unnecessary poop that I don't want or need.

Oh, and marriage is overrated, too. At this moment in time, I think marriage is stupid and I don't want to do it. I'm not going to spend time and money to do something that has a 50% chance of failing. Maybe my boyfriend can just buy me a ring and we can be engaged until we finally break up - which is nearly inevitable.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

えっちーせんぱい

I thought I posted in here somewhere, oh well.

Have you ever dated someone? Physically, 1. Online, uh, 4
Are you dating someone now? Number 5
How long was your longest relationship? A year?
Have you kissed? The first one, and did more than that.
---
How long should you wait until you kiss each other? Who knows.
Do you think sex is OK? or should you wait 'till you're married? Don't care

I'm not into Online Relationships like I was before, as patient as I am, I don't care for them. I'm with someone right now In Canada, but uh, yeah, I'm not into it like I used to be.

Thing is, I've never asked any of those 5 out, they all just sort of drifted in.

Zero

I'm proud to say that I'm engaged, and have been for half a year. The chemistry between her and I is just unexplainable so there really isn't any other decision to make other than the one we've made. The knot probably won't be completely tied until after college though, where she hopes to become a Psychologist and I hope to be a Physicist.

Dog Food

Quote from: Zero on March 24, 2010, 11:22:51 AM
I'm proud to say that I'm engaged, and have been for half a year. The chemistry between her and I is just unexplainable so there really isn't any other decision to make other than the one we've made. The knot probably won't be completely tied until after college though, where she hopes to become a Psychologist and I hope to be a Physicist.
Aw, how'd you ask her?
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

K-Cee

Have you ever dated someone? Yes.
Are you dating someone now? Nope.
How long was your longest relationship? Like... almost 2 years?
Have you kissed? Yes.
How long should you wait until you kiss each other? Depends on the relationship.
Do you think sex is OK? I think it's just dandy.

Just got out of a 10 month relationship. He cheated a few times, we're working on trust and such right now... to see if anything could happen between us in the future.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Ricky Martin on March 22, 2010, 12:45:13 AM
Have you ever dated someone? No.
Are you dating someone now? N/A
How long was your longest relationship? N/A
Have you kissed? N/A
---
How long should you wait until you kiss each other? End of the first serious date if it goes well, but I'm talking a basic peck, not French kissing or making out.
Do you think sex is OK? or should you wait 'till you're married?
Most high schoolers (intercourse , even most college kids) aren't mature enough to handle sexual activity responsibly. Then again, lots of adults aren't, either. If people want to sleep around, that's their business, and I don't believe in restricting such activity, but they should be held responsible for any centipedes that they get (and any medical costs that arise), and you won't catch me dead in an open relationship.

Call me a prude, archaic, whatever, but I think that sex should be on a pedestal, and should be reserved for the one person you're totally willing to commit yourself to. Getting back to the original question, marriage is a construct and, on its own, is only a ceremony that represents two people spending their lives together. Some people aren't fully vested in each other even after they marry. Therefore, if you know that you're completely and utterly vested in one person, it's fine. "Completely vested" can be a cloudy notion, especially when hormones are raging in adolescence, and a person needs to do some serious and prolonged soul-searching before they truly know whether or not they are ready. Sex reinforces more than physical connections; it also is a way to express emotional and mental ones, and even if people somehow manage to have active sex lives with multiple people without picking up massive amounts of emotional baggage, I think that part of the beauty is lost without the factor of commitment built in.
Sorry for not replying sooner, but THANK YOU.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************